Oil money pours in for McCain

And Democrats are perfectly happy letting the price of gas run up to $10.00 a gallon and doing nothing within our own borders to remedy the problem. There is potentially enough oil within our borders to satisfy American needs for at least the next 100 years, certainly enough time to develop alternatives, but Democrats would prefer we pay $10 per gallon at the pump and watch food prices increase 250% rather drill.

BOHICA

Maybe they could drill into your head and mine the koolaid.

Maybe they could drill into your head and mine the koolaid.

Ah yes, I expected this. When you can not defend your position, attack your opponent.

For the record, it was Flavor Aid that was used in Jonestown, not kool Aid.

Ah yes, I expected this. When you can not defend your position, attack your opponent.

For the record, the last time the Democrats were in the White House, gas was .99 a gallon.

What was Exxon's profit number yesterday? $40Billion? For a quarter or for a year? REGARDLESS.

Flash back to 2000, when Bush first got into office. What was their number then? $8 billion for the same time frame.

Of course they are financing McBush. He's going to protect them while they gouge us.

This should be all anyone needs to know.

Well Obama is actually the one who supported Bush's current energy policy while MCcain voted against the energy bill. So tell me again how MCcain is responsible for the high energy prices?

For the record, the last time the Democrats were in the White House, gas was .99 a gallon.

Remeber if we had started drilling in ANWR and developed oil shale in the Rockies, gas wouldn't even be an issue now....:eusa_whistle:

We drove a trillion less miles this year during the holidays than we did last year and their profits were still $40 billion dollars. Conserve conschmerve. LOL. If we drive less enough that it starts cutting into their profits, they'll raise prices to make up for it. That would totally blow the supply and demand theory, huh? LOL.

The Washington Post reports, "People drove 9.6 billion fewer miles than in May 2007." That's the third-biggest monthly drop ever recorded. The only two larger drops on record both occurred during December in years when Americans curtailed holiday traveling. "During the first five months of 2008, people drove 29.8 billion fewer miles than during the same period of 2007." Americans are driving less, looking for ways to drive more efficiently, and buying more fuel-efficient vehicles.

The reduced demand for gasoline has had some impact on gas prices. The Los Angeles Times reports, "Fuel prices have been falling as lower oil prices make their way to the pump and because motorists are driving less." Over the weekend, the nationwide average cost for a gallon of regular gas "dropped below $4 a gallon for the first time since June 2, declining 10.9 cents a gallon to $3.955, according to the Energy Department's weekly survey of filling stations."

Still, many analysts do not expect reduced demand in the U.S. to lead to a permanent drop in gas prices, as it is not expected to offset growing demand in China, India and other countries

Americans Driving Less than Ever - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews
Ignorance I tell you...........

Bush is so terrified that people will begin to conserve energy, that HE REFUSED TO EVEN SAY IT AT ONE OF HIS PRESS CONFERENCES when asked about conservation by one of the reporters. The most patriotic thing any of us could do right now is conserve fuel, and Bush wouldn't not even recommend it. He cares NOTHING about America.

:cuckoo:Culminating a six year effort, Congress passed comprehensive energy legislation – “The Energy Policy Act of 2005” (EPACT 2005) – at the end of July, 2005, and the President signed it into law on August 8, 2005 (P.L.109-58, Energy Policy Act of 2005, 119 Stat. 594, Aug. 8, 2005). This final action by the Congress marks the conclusion of a bi-partisan process that addresses a wide span of issue areas in current and future U.S. energy policy.
The $14 billion tax title includes several significant tax incentives for conservation and energy efficiency programs. Provisions include:
• Energy efficient commercial buildings deduction,
• Credit for construction of new energy efficient homes,
• Credit for certain non-business energy property,
• Credit for energy efficient appliances,
• Credit for residential energy efficient property,
• Credit for business installation of qualified fuel cells and stationary microturbine power plants, and
• Business solar investment tax credit.
The Alliance to Save Energy estimates that all of the law’s energy-efficiency provisions will save about 2 quads a year by 2020, reducing the anticipated growth in energy use by that time by about 8 percent.http://www.usgbc.org/ShowFile.aspx?DocumentID=1123
:cuckoo:

This is from a guy who sounds like a broken record, "personal insults don't make convincing arguments".

I guess that only goes one way, if he is being insulted it doesn't make a convincing argument but if he is dishing the insults then damn that sounds intelligent.:eusa_whistle::cuckoo:

Last edited:
Bush is so terrified that people will begin to conserve energy, that HE REFUSED TO EVEN SAY IT AT ONE OF HIS PRESS CONFERENCES when asked about conservation by one of the reporters. The most patriotic thing any of us could do right now is conserve fuel, and Bush wouldn't not even recommend it. He cares NOTHING about America.

This is from a guy who sounds like a broken record, "personal insults don't make convincing arguments".

I guess that only goes one way, if he is being insulted it doesn't make a convincing argument but if he is dishing the insults then damn that sounds intelligent.:eusa_whistle::cuckoo:

Insults are not convincing arguments.

Forum List

Back