Oil in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming Equal to Entire World’s Proven Oil Reserves

Energy and Jobs..

ROCK%20SPRINGS-WYOMING-BLM.jpg

The Green River Formation, a largely vacant area of mostly federal land that covers the territory where Colorado, Utah and Wyoming come together, contains about as much recoverable oil as all the rest the world’s proven reserves combined, an auditor from the Government Accountability Office told Congress on Thursday.

The GAO testimony stressed that the federal government was in “a unique position to influence the development of oil shale” because the Green River deposits were mostly beneath federal land.

It also noted that developing the oil would pose “socioeconomic challenges,” which included bringing “a sizable influx of workers who along with their families put additional stress on local infrastructure” and “making planning for growth difficult for local governments.”

“The Green River Formation--an assemblage of over 1,000 feet of sedimentary rocks that lie beneath parts of Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming--contains the world's largest deposits of oil shale,”Anu K. Mittal, the GAO’s director of natural resources and environment said in written testimony submitted to the House Science Subcommittee on Energy and Environment.

“USGS estimates that the Green River Formation contains about 3 trillion barrels of oil, and about half of this may be recoverable, depending on available technology and economic conditions,”
GAO: Recoverable Oil in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming 'About Equal to Entire World

Then drag your ass there and pump it up.

We don't hve access because of the libs and evironmental whack jobs. What exactly is your point?

Yes not wanting pollution is totally whacko

Caring more about unproven over the needs of folks today is whacko. Contrary to your beliefs, AGW is unproven. By a longshot.

Annie, would you care to post something from a Scientific Society that backs your viewpoint? How about from a National Academy of Science? Perhaps you should look at what the Saudi Arabian National Academy of Science has to say on the subject.

In the meantime, here is a site from the American Institute of Physics. They are the biggest scientific society in the world, a scientific society made of of scientific societies.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Now if you would like, I can post the positions of the American Geophysical Union, and the Geological Society of America.

This 'oil' that is being discussed is not oil, it is coragen. It would require an enormous amount of energy and water just refine it to the oil stage. Water that is in short supply in those areas. And the pollution from the process would be enormous. A lose-lose situation for all.

This 'oil' that is being discussed is not oil, it is coragen. It would require an enormous amount of energy and water just refine it to the oil stage. Water that is in short supply in those areas. And the pollution from the process would be enormous. A lose-lose situation for all.

That's just incoragenable.

Caring more about unproven over the needs of folks today is whacko. Contrary to your beliefs, AGW is unproven. By a longshot.

Annie, would you care to post something from a Scientific Society that backs your viewpoint? How about from a National Academy of Science? Perhaps you should look at what the Saudi Arabian National Academy of Science has to say on the subject.

In the meantime, here is a site from the American Institute of Physics. They are the biggest scientific society in the world, a scientific society made of of scientific societies.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Now if you would like, I can post the positions of the American Geophysical Union, and the Geological Society of America.

:cuckoo: Useless bull… Science is not proving something you want to prove, and working towards proving it. There is no evidence of man made climate change. Climate change is natural. And with the modernization of our societies because of the discovery of oil and use of fossil fuels we actually live in a much cleaner world than we would have without their use.

You need "science" to get the oil.

Republicans don't believe in "science".

We don't hve access because of the libs and evironmental whack jobs. What exactly is your point?

Pollution? Oil is as natural as wind or solar. The only pollution is in your mind.

Yes, it is natural...but gasoline and diesel fumes are known carcinogens.

Not a bleeding heart. I believe that we need to be doing everything that we can to decrease our dependence on foreign oil, but it's worth noting that lung cancer is a painful way to die. Just sayin'...

You need "science" to get the oil.

Republicans don't believe in "science".

Bulletin: Liberals believe that science is only for white kids....

1. Berkeley High School is considering a controversial proposal to eliminate science labs and the five science teachers who teach them to free up more resources to help struggling students.

The proposal to put the science-lab cuts on the table was approved recently by Berkeley High's School Governance Council, a body of teachers, parents, and students who oversee a plan to change the structure of the high school to address Berkeley's dismal racial achievement gap, where white students are doing far better than the state average while black and Latino students are doing worse.
Berkeley High May Cut Out Science Labs | News | Oakland, Berkeley, Bay Area & California | East Bay Express

2. This breakdown of students proves the lamentable “gap” spoken of by Berkeley commandants isn’t in enrollment, but in grades. The white kids are doing better in excess of what is acceptable — or the non-white kids are doing worse, depending on your perspective — such that the heart-warming state of equality is absent. PJ Media » Out-of-Control Multiculturalism at Berkeley High School

OK...your turn, deanie...

How do you define an environmental wack job?

Anyone who believes Carbon dioxide is a pollutant is a whack job

No, it's not a pollutant. It's a natural chemical. My renowned pulmonologist friend agrees with you....it's not a pollutant. Morphine is also derived from a natural chemical. Too much of it, and the individual stops breathing. Too much aspirin-nothing like bleeding from the inside out. Sodium bicarbonate-chemical compound-it works well for heartburn, baking, teeth whitening, and metabolic acidosis, in an emergency setting.

Hypothetically, a slow painful death would be eating a few boxes of baking soda. One would then put themselves into metabolic alkalosis. Think of the name ALKA-SELTZER. Basically the same thing.

Drinking too much water will kill you. Eating too much (obesity) will kill you. So, in my mind, it stands to reason that too much CO2 would kill..the Earth. It certainly kills people. This is why people die of drowning. HYPERCARBIA-(too much CO2).

So...Moses...is this a words game with you? Is it a pollutant or a natural chemical? I've seen CO2 kill people. Or rather, an EXCESS of CO2 as opposed to O2, as there has to be a pH balance.

Are you playing games, or are you serious?

Pollution? Oil is as natural as wind or solar. The only pollution is in your mind.

Not a bleeding heart. I believe that we need to be doing everything that we can to decrease our dependence on foreign oil, but it's worth noting that lung cancer is a painful way to die. Just sayin'...

:cuckoo:Hypochondriasis or hypochondria (sometimes referred to as health phobia or health anxiety) refers to excessive preoccupation or worry about having a serious illness. This debilitating condition is the result of an inaccurate perception of the body’s condition despite the absence of an actual medical condition.An individual suffering from hypochondriasis is known as a hypochondriac.

Hypochondriasis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:cuckoo:Hypochondriasis or hypochondria (sometimes referred to as health phobia or health anxiety) refers to excessive preoccupation or worry about having a serious illness. This debilitating condition is the result of an inaccurate perception of the body’s condition despite the absence of an actual medical condition.An individual suffering from hypochondriasis is known as a hypochondriac.

Hypochondriasis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indeed. Because I've worked in healthcare and taken care of ungrateful people like yourself.....I'm a hypochodriac. You're probably one of those Rhodes' Scholars who believe that homosexuality can be cured.

Delusional disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The following can indicate a delusion:[6]

The patient expresses an idea or belief with unusual persistence or force.
That idea appears to exert an undue influence on the patient's life, and the way of life is often altered to an inexplicable extent.

Narcissistic personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder[1] in which the individual is described as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity.

You're comical at best; because you clearly have NO idea what you're talking about.

Ladies and Gentlemen: I have been labeled as a "loon", by Moses. Why? Because I understand gas exchange and pH balance.

Moses has questionable allegience.

I'm a hypochodriac, because I understand hyper and hypocarbia. He's angry at me because he "believe$" these politicians who say that carbon dioxide is "harmless". Not in your bu$ine$$ interest, Moses?

Since Michele Bachmann is one of the imbeciles (regarding science) who started this myth, (CO2 is harmless) I would like to see her volunteer to place a plastic bag over her head, and see how long she can endure hypoxia before she passes out, or suffocates. And afterward, I would like to hear her give the same speech proclaiming that CO2 is harmless. Oh, and her laughable estimation of the percentage of CO2 in the atmosphere. A quoted percentage that is incompatible with human life. That was the moment that I stopped taking her seriously.

Just like Moses, who didn't do his homework. He doesn't understand pH acidosis/alkalosis very well, or he wouldn't attack me by telling me that I'm crazy.

CO2 isn't a pollutant, numbnuts.

Only imbeciles believe we can live in an industrialized world with zero pollution. The only question: what is the acceptable level? Any rational person should be perfectly satisfied with curent levels.
Or maybe a flag waving imbecile like you.
Amazon destruction threatens Enawene Nawe tribe on Vimeo
Chevron challenges $18bn Ecuador fine - Americas - Al Jazeera English
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5aXo87N6nU&feature=related]Tar Sands in Alberta - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcWpkWBX04E]Air Pollution - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and by the way, Moses; the air doesn't contain 100% oxygen. Did you know that?

Respiratory ALKALOSIS has many causes, ranging from psychiatric to brain bleed. It will also kill you. Did you know that? Ever hyperventilated? That's respiratory alkalosis. This is why when a drama queen hyperventilates, a paper bag is placed over his/her mouth-to increase the CO2 level, as this balances the pH.

You had to spend a LOT of hours repping people to get back around to negative repping me. 2 times in 2 days. Obsessed are you?

Death is basically caused by too much or too little of something. Life in general, is about balance. So what is your motive? If you want to drill, go drill. Put your money where your mouth is. You may know about guns and business, but unless you're holding out on us-you don't know jack shit about science. You know nothing about life and death. But, I suspect that if you could give two shits about life and death, as long as it doesn't pertain to you.

People are catching on. We won't remain blind forever.

Ohh btw the shale oil is expensive to extract it will have to be sold for around $4/gal as gas.

We were extracting shale oil back a long time ago then we found convenient pools of liquid oil under the ground and abandoned the practice.

Last edited:
Ohh btw the shale oil is expensive to extract it will have to be sold for around $4/gal as gas.

We were extracting shale oil back a long time ago then we found convenient pools of liquid oil under the ground and abandoned the practice.

Unless the retail market for gasoline drops below $4/gallon. Then it would be sold at a loss, which often happens.

Forum List

Back