oil gusher in california

You can link to a new "find" like that each and every day. Total them up, and they won't compare to the rate of dying existing capacity.

Please reference anyone who quantifies the difference between "dying" capacity and "non-dying" capacity please.

An oilfield begins dying the same day the first well begins producing.

JiggsCasey said:
If you wanna support your Egypt claim, man up and link.

If you want to stop being a parrot, defend a single quote, from any peak oil prophet, of your choice, why would you challenge anyone else when all you've got is standard ASPO propaganda? Do you even know WHY it's propaganda?

JiggsCasey said:
Again, I can claim I've found 5000 years of crude on the moon. But if it bankrupts my company trying to get to it, doesn't really mean much, does it?

You aren't seriously supposing that this ridiculous assertion is the sum total knowledge of how the oilfield works are you? Or is this another one of those "trade you 5 for 2" displays of ignorance you wheel out once per page?

I'd be overjoyed with a 2 bbl/day well.

$170/day... $5,000/month... less 12.5% royalty... less 30% lifting costs = about $3,000/month.
$36k a year (Only $28,000 of it taxable if you figure depletion allowance).

Not too shabby. :thup:

Damn straight. I've got buddies who run shackle lines as a form of moonlighting. Inherited the wells from their father. Most of them producing for a century now. Lets take bets on whether or not the village oil idiot can come up with a peak oil video explaining how wells with wooden casing have a much higher EROEI than those using steel? And then confuse the math to make it look like they are more profitable than the Spindletop discovery?:lol:

I'd be overjoyed with a 2 bbl/day well.

$170/day... $5,000/month... less 12.5% royalty... less 30% lifting costs = about $3,000/month.
$36k a year (Only $28,000 of it taxable if you figure depletion allowance).

Not too shabby. :thup:

Damn straight. I've got buddies who run shackle lines as a form of moonlighting. Inherited the wells from their father. Most of them producing for a century now. Lets take bets on whether or not the village oil idiot can come up with a peak oil video explaining how wells with wooden casing have a much higher EROEI than those using steel? And then confuse the math to make it look like they are more profitable than the Spindletop discovery?:lol:

Indeed, the Mexican Hat oil field in Utah is an excellent example of that. They have a 2.5 acre offset, drill down to about 50 feet or so and pump a few bbl per day, every day for the last 50 years that I know of. When a well runs dry they shut it down for a few years and then go back and tap it again. Just like clockwork. Interestingly it is also the only producing geosyncline I know of.

Last edited:
You can link to a new "find" like that each and every day. Total them up, and they won't compare to the rate of dying existing capacity.

Please reference anyone who quantifies the difference between "dying" capacity and "non-dying" capacity please.

An oilfield begins dying the same day the first well begins producing.

JiggsCasey said:
If you wanna support your Egypt claim, man up and link.

If you want to stop being a parrot, defend a single quote, from any peak oil prophet, of your choice, why would you challenge anyone else when all you've got is standard ASPO propaganda? Do you even know WHY it's propaganda?

JiggsCasey said:
Again, I can claim I've found 5000 years of crude on the moon. But if it bankrupts my company trying to get to it, doesn't really mean much, does it?

You aren't seriously supposing that this ridiculous assertion is the sum total knowledge of how the oilfield works are you? Or is this another one of those "trade you 5 for 2" displays of ignorance you wheel out once per page?

The only thing I got to state is you have not left a piece of Jiggs for anyone else. I almost feel like changing sides to at least help Jiggs log off the USMB.

In some places, water heated by this hot rock comes naturally to the surface or close to it, where it can be easily tapped to drive a turbine and generate electricity.
You mean like on my farm near Rincon de la vieja ?
Yes those are bromeliads and ferns that murkins pay $18 for at Walmart.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlieRhA8pT8&NR=1[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm8s2EV6Nx0&feature=related[/ame]

The only thing I got to state is you have not left a piece of Jiggs for anyone else. I almost feel like changing sides to at least help Jiggs log off the USMB.

It really isn't fair for Jiggsy, so sure, help him out.

Resource depletion is a serious issue, and then these half baked religious zealots looking for Rapture show up and the entire topic looks like a joke.

It really isn't fair for Jiggsy, so sure, help him out.

Resource depletion is a serious issue, and then these half baked religious zealots looking for Rapture show up and the entire topic looks like a joke.

People just do not get how big the world really is or what it takes to build something nor that the politicians do things for money.

It is clear they fight for politics and not science. At best they use press releases as source material.

If and when the Oil runs out you are not going to replace oil with Wind Turbines or Solar Farms, you need oil to build these things, at the least you need the Petro Chemicals that only come from Oil.

Forum List

Back