Oil Go Boom.

That's why I produce my own.
High test.

refried_beans_rdax_310x236.jpg

Eleven missing, presumed dead. For a blow out that apparently should have been engineered against...and when the fire is extinguished, a possible oil spill. In the Gulf of Mexico, as if Louisiana has not suffered enough.

After the coal mine disaster last week, makes me wonder if OSHA is doing its job.

My smapathies to the families of those killed in the tragedy.
Yep another excuse to raise the price of gas even if it will not impact the price of oil.

Even without this $3.25 gas by summer? Or higher?

There may be a minor spike, but short lived. Now if this was a refinery, that'd be a bigger deal.

Anybody notice that there aren't any oil slicks washing up ashore along the Gulf of Mexico coast, and no environmentalist wackos mewling about any of this?

Rear Adm. Mary Landry, commander of the Coast Guard's 8th District said the rig was leaking 13,000 gallons of sweet crude oil an hour, but nearly all of it was burning in the fire, "We are only seeing minor sheening on the water," she said. "We do not see a major spill emanating from this incident."

Trouble is it could be a refinery in another country since we import quite a bit of refined petro products.

The explosion was reported late Tuesday night on a Transocean Ltd. mobile offshore drilling unit called Deepwater Horizon, about 50 miles southeast of Venice, La. Crews continued dousing the fire with water today, (while others worked to shut off the valve that was feeding the blaze with oil,) said Adrian Rose, a Transocean vice president.

Oil rig explodes in Gulf

Gas prices will surly rise.

The Deepwater Horizon is used for drilling and does not actually produce any oil. When BP has sufficiently explored the area and wants to begin extracting oil, it will use different equipment.

Oh, we'll pay for this somewhere down the line.

Yes, we will pay down the line. The replacement cost will be about $550 million plus cost of lawsuits from injured & dead crew, environmentalist & leases sitting idle.

Shouldn't let foreign oil companies have Americas oil anyway.

Forum List

Back