Oil, Gas & Energy Trading Thread

Lack of key pipelines is the reason that gas prices in Montana & Wyoming are $2.93 while they are $5 in California, Oregon, New York & Florida. It is also causing the $20 spread between WTI & Brent Crude.

so if they had those pipelines they could charge more for the oil?
Wyoming .14 gas tax while CA has .405
Everything costs more in CA as well.

Last edited:
Lack of key pipelines is the reason that gas prices in Montana & Wyoming are $2.93 while they are $5 in California, Oregon, New York & Florida. It is also causing the $20 spread between WTI & Brent Crude.

so if they had those pipelines they could charge more for the oil?
Wyoming .14 gas tax while CA has .405
Everything costs more in CA as well.

More for oil in the upper middle of the USA. But less in the rest of the country.

Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper is apparently pissed at Obama over the Keystone Pipeline. Canada has now increased the funding & accelerated their Western Pipeline to export their oil to Asia. This will increase oil prices everywhere in the USA.

What truly slays me are the endless posts by people who have no experience, no history, no clue as to the most minimal workings of the business of oil or natural gas.

Until you invest a dollar, turn a shovel, or even lay a fart in the direction of this thing you call "black gold" don't preach to me that of which you know nothing.

If you would like to join the elite profligates then I invite you to do so. But I know there won't be any takers. You are all talkers who preach, but your words will never carry you into the real world of real business, of real risk, and of real failure.

You want, but not for want. That is the true definition of a Liberal.

What truly slays me are the endless posts by people who have no experience, no history, no clue as to the most minimal workings of the business of oil or natural gas.

Until you invest a dollar, turn a shovel, or even lay a fart in the direction of this thing you call "black gold" don't preach to me that of which you know nothing.

If you would like to join the elite profligates then I invite you to do so. But I know there won't be any takers. You are all talkers who preach, but your words will never carry you into the real world of real business, of real risk, and of real failure.

You want, but not for want. That is the true definition of a Liberal.
:cuckoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some serious money to be made from the spread between WTI crude & light Louisiana crude crude oil. It is above record highs & now at $24. I think the spread will collapse & Libya might kick it off.

It cost a lot less than $24 to ship crude from Texas to Louisiana. The High Brent price is due to Libya. The high Brent price pushed up most of our imports coming into Louisiana thus driving up the price of light Louisiana crude crude oil. The WTI is mostly land locked & currently does not reflect global oil price. Either Qaddafi falls & brings down Brent crude prices or someone starts transporting the hell out of WTI to Louisiana to bring the spread down to $8.

In other words you are jerkin off the average American due to a heart condition.

This WTI/Brent spread will collapse once Enbridge switches on the Seaway Pipeline after reversing the pumps & Canada finishes their westward pipeline. Obama blocking the Keystone XL pipeline will not prevent this. It will only cut the USA out of the business & profits from transporting & refining Canada's oil. It also takes away our control over more global oil.

saupload_Picture6.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back