Oil for Food exploding on the news today

Comrade

Jan 9, 2004
Seattle, WA.
Kofi is now caught in a direct lie in the erupting scandal.

Cotecna contacted all parties in an open letter revealing it's intention to share details of the UN investigation with the US Congress today. This is the same company Kofi's son joined just before it recieved it's contract with the UN committee. Kofi is on record as having no knowledge of the company finances, but the letter today reveals his own office conducted a full audit and was aware of where the missing billions were directed.

Finally, the hypocrisy hit's the top!

And that's just the tip of the iceberg, we will soon get names and dollar amounts, from Cotecna.

In related news I'm wondering what is going on with Chalabi and his own investigation, and the US raid on his office?

This is wild stuff today!

AP is reporting that the documents and computer seized today are connected to the Oil for Food scandal....

Funny how Chalabi's son is the one setting up the tribunal to try Saddam.......

Originally posted by nycflasher
What a mess!

"Order, order. Do you kids wanna be like the real UN or do you just wanna squabble and waste time?"

Aquarian got me in the Simpsons mood... hehe.

I am totally confused....

I thought Chalabi was in G.W.'s pocket..... or visa-versa......

Wouldn't something like this be conisdered biting the hand that feeds you?

I can't wait to see how the left spins this one!

The left will spin it as another "see we told you so". I've never been a big fan of Chalabi & co, seems the Iraqis aren't either:p:
I think Chalabi sold GW a boat load of shit through Wolfowitz, and now the admin sees the error of it's ways.

Although, if the left decides to even pick up on this story they will HAVE to admit there is some severe hanky panky going on with the whole Oil for Food scandal. Kinda screws up their whole bash bush at all costs strategy. Pinchy must be having severe cramps right about now........

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
The left will spin it as another "see we told you so". I've never been a big fan of Chalabi & co, seems the Iraqis aren't either:p:
I think Chalabi sold GW a boat load of shit through Wolfowitz, and now the admin sees the error of it's ways.

Although, if the left decides to even pick up on this story they will HAVE to admit there is some severe hanky panky going on with the whole Oil for Food scandal. Kinda screws up their whole bash bush at all costs strategy. Pinchy must be having severe cramps right about now........

I think I've heard Chalabi was part of the original Oil for Food program himself, is this true? I do know he has supporters who are helping him do his own investigation, alongside a UN, US Congress, and US Military one.

Since the beginning he's been trying to get administrative control over the records of Saddam's intelligence. And he's now saying he's being "blocked" from having access to the originals.

Maybe he's trying to coverup his own dealings, along with the UN who is also suspect?

Appears as tough th US would rather not have this wannabe to have control of the new Iraqi govt. The Us has found out that he did give us a lot of false intel before the war started.

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
So Kimmitt & Senor (now that's a law firm :D ) defer questions to the Iraq Police. Does the Iraq Police ever release info to the press themselves? Just curious..

Hmm, I don't know, but they said "ask the Iraqi Judge", which means it's the reporters job to haul ass down to the courthouse. :)

But truly even then our judges don't release evidence to our reporters in an investigation.

What we do know now is that the US said the investigation is independant of the Oil-for-Food investigation, whatever that's worth. It sounded phrased entirely too legally like a Clinton statement would sound like.

I expected it would hit the top. The UN is so corrupt how could it not.

I'm going to be really pissed off if Chalabi becomes president of Iraq. That bastard fed bad intelligence to the CIA with all of his defectors, I think it is sickening that our tax money is still going to this guy.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
I expected it would hit the top. The UN is so corrupt how could it not.

I'm going to be really pissed off if Chalabi becomes president of Iraq. That bastard fed bad intelligence to the CIA with all of his defectors, I think it is sickening that our tax money is still going to this guy.

I doubt that would happen PJ. If you read some of the blogs and news coming from Iraq it doesn't sound like the Iraqis think Chalabi is too credible. It looks like the CIA/GW may have turned on him (for good reason)

Forum List

Back