Oil Drops

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=568&ncid=568&e=3&u=/nm/20050414/bs_nm/markets_oil_dc

Oil Bounces Higher After Dip Below $50

28 minutes ago Business - Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Oil prices bounced higher on Thursday, with speculative buyers attracted by a 15 percent slide since last week that was triggered by rising U.S. inventory levels.

U.S. crude oil futures settled up 91 cents to $51.13 a barrel after falling as low as $49.75, the first time below $50 in seven weeks. Brent crude for May , which expires later on Thursday, rose 43 cents to $50.91 a barrel...

Mr. P said:
I saw as low as $2.05/gal here today, down from $2.20.
Today, $2.23. Yesterday, $2.39 unleaded reg.

Ok, what does the price drop mean?

Are speculators ceasing their hyper-ventilating?

Is it because crude oil stocks in the U.S. are high, and buying has slowed down........you know......slow market.......lower prices...........etc.

Now will the price gouging in California, especially please be monitored.

I know that my state has a special gasoline formulation that means we can't import lower priced unleaded into the state. We, Californians are held by our @#$%'s by CARB, California Air Resources Board. These arrogant sweet-hearts are a bunch of irrational lawmakers that have the Democratically controlled California Assembly and Senate under their total mind-control. Swartzy.......better make a stand against these folks, or his "bring businesses back to California" campaign will flop, and he will be a one termer.

The Governor has the power to have 49 state refined unleaded gas imported into the state to drive down the prices at the pump. It has been proven scientifically that California's reformulated unleaded is no cleaner burning that the federal formulated unleaded that the other states refine and use. CARB has created a captive market, and that's why our gas prices are higher than the nation. These enviro-wackos are ruining the California economy. CARB is responsible for the poisonous MTBE's that have been in California's gas for years, and is now seeping into the underground water tables in many areas. MTBE's do not break down, and it took some strong conservative voices on San Francisco radio to expose this looming catastrophe. They are know to cause birth defects(MTBE).

Well, anyway Oil prices are down. I hope they keep going down, and maybe level off, and then pump prices better respond, or I'll have to go against my conservative philosophy and campaign the Feds to start vigorously prosecuting "price gouging".

I guess my rant is over?

Eightball said:

Living out in Kahlifoornya, you should know that the only reason that the price of a barrel of oil is going down is because the oil futures purchased secretly by Dubbyah's secret cartel of warmongers have topped out. They want a momentary lull so they can dump their holdings. Then they're temporarily going to cause a price drop so they can repurchase more futures and then they'll run the price up again.

I can prove that unequivocably with simple math. First, you take the number of quarts in a barrel of oil and divide it by the number of strokes it takes an oil pump to fill a barrel. Then you simply look at how many arabs it takes to screw in a light bulb and divide them by the number of Mexican illegals working at Dubbyah's Crawford ranch. Add the two and multiply by the number of members of the Carlisle investment group. Then factor in both the tides and whether the current month has an "R" in it or not.

The result will give you a very clear picture of the highly predictable nature of oil price fluctuations. Gotta go. Time for my meds.

:blues:

Can an admin move this to Kathianne's post?

**Deleted because threads were merged**

Eightball said:

Is it because crude oil stocks in the U.S. are high, and buying has slowed down........you know......slow market.......lower prices...........etc.

Now will the price gouging in California, especially please be monitored.

I know that my state has a special gasoline formulation that means we can't import lower priced unleaded into the state. We, Californians are held by our @#$%'s by CARB, California Air Resources Board. These arrogant sweet-hearts are a bunch of irrational lawmakers that have the Democratically controlled California Assembly and Senate under their total mind-control. Swartzy.......better make a stand against these folks, or his "bring businesses back to California" campaign will flop, and he will be a one termer.

The Governor has the power to have 49 state refined unleaded gas imported into the state to drive down the prices at the pump. It has been proven scientifically that California's reformulated unleaded is no cleaner burning that the federal formulated unleaded that the other states refine and use. CARB has created a captive market, and that's why our gas prices are higher than the nation. These enviro-wackos are ruining the California economy. CARB is responsible for the poisonous MTBE's that have been in California's gas for years, and is now seeping into the underground water tables in many areas. MTBE's do not break down, and it took some strong conservative voices on San Francisco radio to expose this looming catastrophe. They are know to cause birth defects(MTBE).

Well, anyway Oil prices are down. I hope they keep going down, and maybe level off, and then pump prices better respond, or I'll have to go against my conservative philosophy and campaign the Feds to start vigorously prosecuting "price gouging".

I guess my rant is over?
a combination of inventorys increasing a slight bit, plus a little less demand is helping it down.

Forum List

Back