Oil Companies begin drilling off Panhandle

Well..

I guess we can all expect to see the prices at the pumps drop then right?

I'm not holding my breath, though.

I guess that is both good and bad news....good for the oil guys and bad for us becasue oil is at this really high price that makes it profitable for them!!!

care

The local economy will get a huge boost and be getting a share of the wealth that has been pouring into Opecs coffers. Of course you going to pay the same price at the pump but at least some of it will be gonig to Americans. Imagine this happening in all industries.

The local economy will get a huge boost and be getting a share of the wealth that has been pouring into Opecs coffers. Of course you going to pay the same price at the pump but at least some of it will be gonig to Americans. Imagine this happening in all industries.

it is hard to imagine, how other industries in the united states would all have this same type of opportunity for growth due to huge price rises on to us?

it would be great if ALL industries had this opportunity, but not all of them are in an industry where their prices for their product doubled in retail price, and their customers still HAD TO CONTINUE to buy it, just for their livelyhood, just to survive.

But IF all industries could and did benefit in this imaginary scenario, it would be awesome because people would be working and making more money and would be able to afford the higher prices....but escentially just holding their own, really not making more money, but maintaining their same lifestyle....

BUT RIGHT NOW, this is not the case.

I do see your point on the oil people in Texas, it is awesome that they can get some of this "profit" instead of it all going to the Middle East.....none of this is their "fault", they have not caused the price rise....

Care

I vote they dynomite your house. We could live off the Methane gas from your ass for years.

Wow, a joke from a humorless old fart. Will wonders ever cease. I vote that they just kill anyone over 65 so we are not burdened by their stupidity.

Wow, a joke from a humorless old fart. Will wonders ever cease. I vote that they just kill anyone over 65 so we are not burdened by their stupidity.

I am no where never 65, retard. And I suspect you would be all for that till you were 64. Usual leftoid crap, you would support anything right up until it effects you, then it is going to far.

I am no where never 65, retard. And I suspect you would be all for that till you were 64. Usual leftoid crap, you would support anything right up until it effects you, then it is going to far.

So putting words in my mouth fulfills what in your lame world? What makes you think I fear death? You are so stupid.

Companies begin quest for oil, gas off Fla. coast - Yahoo! News

This drilling is the results of a compromise from 1996. It has been available all this time but now that oil prices are sky rocketing, there is finally interest.

In March, four companies — Australia-based BHP Billiton Petroleum Deepwater Inc., Houston-based Anadarko E&P Co., Shell Offshore Inc. and Italian oil and natural gas company Eni SpA — purchased leases on 36 Gulf of Mexico tracts under the 2006 compromise.

Cuz only one of these companies is even American.:eusa_eh:

Yeah, cuz it's so much better that the money will be going to Australian, and a Dutch/British oil conglomerate. But hey, at least we have one rep in the group.

Forum List

Back