oil and gas companies, spent $146.3 million on lobbying last year

What a deal!

My guess is they get back at least $10 return for every $1 they spend bribing governments.

If someone stole your wallet with $43 billion in it, wouldn't you spend $146 million putting up reward posters?

Is that your take on what's going on?

That the US government is stealing from those poor poor petroleum companies?

Interesting POV.

Last edited:
How much $$$$ did unions spend on lobbyists and political campaigns in the same year?

want to screw the oil companies? spread the word about how NASA discovered how planetary bodies generate their own electricity by interacting with solar plasma. great stuff.
they found the whole moons surface is electrified 6 days out of 30 when passing through the earth's magneto-tail
[

How much $$$$ did unions spend on lobbyists and political campaigns in the same year?

The unions represent the people.

The oil companies represent the greedheads who are destroying America.

There's a big difference.

Unions represent people who pay union dues not "the people"

the oil companies represent their stockholders and the last time i checked one had to be a person to own stock.

No difference.

Last edited:

the oil companies represent their stockholders and the last time i checked one had to be a person to own stock.

No difference.

UNION LOBBYING INCREASING BUT STILL TRAILING BIG BUSINESS

Unions Bolstering Political Influence with Outside Spending - OpenSecrets Blog | OpenSecrets

No difference.

Unions represent the employee's, the people of this country who are working and trying to get a decent wage and not get fucked up by corporations, by bosses, who try to skimp on wages to increase profits. Miniature wars have been fought people died for unions to come into existence. Before unions, workers were severely taken advantage of. Don't knock unions. That is a part of democracy you tout so much.

What a deal!

My guess is they get back at least $10 return for every $1 they spend bribing governments.

If someone stole your wallet with $43 billion in it, wouldn't you spend $146 million putting up reward posters?

Interesting POV.
If it's such a lucrative investment, where are your oil wells?

Finding oil takes brains and balls, both of which seem to be in short supply around here.

By taking less revenues away from the oil industry via awarding tax incentives, you consider that a bribe?

Go dig a hole with a shovel for a living. Try to deduct the cost of that shovel on your tax returns as a necessary cost of digging the hole.

When the government denies you that "subsidy", you can go crying to your congressman you stupid bitch.

Last edited:

Interesting POV.

Finding oil takes brains and balls, both of which seem to be in short supply around here.

By taking less revenues away from the oil industry via awarding tax incentives, you consider that a bribe?

Go dig a hole with a shovel for a living. Try to deduct the cost of that shovel on your tax returns as a necessary cost of digging the hole.

When the government denies you that "subsidy", you can go crying to your mama you stupid bitch.

but they know where the oil is its just that the ones in charge of letting America drill its own oil have been bought off by lobbyist for foreign oil companies

Interesting POV.

When the government denies you that "subsidy", you can go crying to your mama you stupid bitch.

but they know where the oil is its just that the ones in charge of letting America drill its own oil have been bought off by lobbyist for foreign oil companies

Please note that I edited my post before you made your reply, frog.

As to your reply, I'm not sure what you're saying there.

we're sitting on enough oil to support our self and at a lower cost to the consumer but who doesn't want us to do that?

we're sitting on enough oil to support our self and at a lower cost to the consumer but who doesn't want us to do that?

We do have enough forms of petroleum deposits (in whatever form) to be self-sustaining, but at what economic and environmental cost?

Imports in and of themselves aren't necessarily bad. It's kind of like outsourcing help when your PC locks up, or you call customer service with a bad alarm clock.

The crime is when we have so much recoverable conventional oil and natural gas reserves that are relatively easily accessible, yet we are hamstrung by a miriad of regulations, moritoria, and negative public sentment that renders it impossible to conduct the business at hand.

We do have enough forms of petroleum deposits (in whatever form) to be self-sustaining, but at what economic and environmental cost?

Imports in and of themselves aren't necessarily bad. It's kind of like outsourcing help when your PC locks up, or you call customer service with a bad alarm clock.

The crime is when we have so much recoverable conventional oil and natural gas reserves that are relatively easily accessible, yet we are hamstrung by a miriad of regulations, moritoria, and negative public sentment that renders it impossible to conduct the business at hand.

To survive one must except change.

Why not? Lobbying is legal. Actually you could call the 146 million stimulous money. The Obama administration is giving America's treasure away for foreign oil and stupid, let me say it again...STUPID lefties still think there is a substitute for oil right around the corner because Obama told them to think that way. I hate to bust your bubble lefties but the US economy is going down the drain because we are mortgaged up to our eyeballs buying foreign oil while the administration promises us windmills. Can't you see that Obama is kissing the ass of every two bit foreign oil pirate like Hugo Chavez and oil tycoon George Soros owns a dozen left wing think tanks grinding out left wing propaganda every day? The left wing agenda is to reduce America's wealth and influence in the world. The extortion racket called global warming was one tool and reliance on foreign oil is the other one. Why do you think Obama hired a communist who once led an arson and looting rampage to be on his "green jobs" board? There aren't any green jobs are there?

No difference.

Unions represent the employee's, the people of this country who are working and trying to get a decent wage and not get fucked up by corporations, by bosses, who try to skimp on wages to increase profits. Miniature wars have been fought people died for unions to come into existence. Before unions, workers were severely taken advantage of. Don't knock unions. That is a part of democracy you tout so much.

Excuse me but if you do not pay union dues, no union represents you anywhere.

You do realize that less than 20% of workers in this country belong to a union don't you?

Forum List

Back