Ohio Supreme Court upholds law blocking city gun bans

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Ohio Supreme Court upholds law blocking city gun bans | Reuters

The Ohio Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld as constitutional a state law that prevents Cleveland and other cities from passing restrictive gun laws.

In a 5-2 decision, the court found the 2006 law does not infringe on the "home rule" powers of Ohio cities.

:clap2:

This is only natural, as moving to Cleveland, et al, in no way should mean you have to give up the rights that you enjoy everywhere else in the state.

Does it snow in Cleveland? What are the crime rates? Just seriously asking is all. :eusa_pray:

The Ohio Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld as constitutional a state law that prevents Cleveland and other cities from passing restrictive gun laws.

In a 5-2 decision, the court found the 2006 law does not infringe on the "home rule" powers of Ohio cities.

This is only natural, as moving to Cleveland, et al, in no way should mean you have to give up the rights that you enjoy everywhere else in the state.

i don't see any constitutional basis to overturn it.

but it does seem redundant given the decision in heller.

*shrug*

*shrug*

Heller was an abomination..and a fine example of legislating from the bench.

I won't go to Cleveland if I'm not carrying.

Don't come to NYC if you're packing..or you will get a nice 2 year stay in the pokie.

And that's just the way we like it.
Have you figured out how to get criminals to obey gun laws yet?

No?

Then you're just preventing people from defending themselves.

Is that just the way you like it?

*shrug*

Heller was an abomination..and a fine example of legislating from the bench.

the dissent in heller was much more articulate in its analysis than the opinion. i've always thought it was scalia giving the finger to whichever justices were named to the bench by bush's replacement.

Forum List

Back