Ohio State president E. Gordon Gee: TCU, Boise State not worthy of BCS title shot

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Even if TCU and Boise State run the table, they still don't deserve to be in the Bowl Championship Series title game, Ohio State president E. Gordon Gee said Wednesday.

In an interview with The Associated Press, the president at the university with the largest athletic program in the country said that TCU and Boise State do not face a difficult enough schedule to play in the national championship game.

"Well, I don't know enough about the Xs and Os of college football," said Gee, formerly the president at West Virginia, Colorado, Brown and Vanderbilt universities. "I do know, having been both a Southeastern Conference president and a Big Ten president, that it's like murderer's row every week for these schools. We do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor. We play very fine schools on any given day.

"So I think until a university runs through that gantlet that there's some reason to believe that they not be the best teams to [be] in the big ballgame."

Ohio State president E. Gordon Gee: TCU, Boise State not worthy of BCS title shot - ESPN

There is arguement for both sides of this debate, no doubt. Me living in Idaho, you know which way the wind blows for my view on it. :lol:

Of course. I am mixed about it, but I think it was pretty classless of him to say regardless.

There is arguement for both sides of this debate, no doubt. Me living in Idaho, you know which way the wind blows for my view on it. :lol:

Of course. I am mixed about it, but I think it was pretty classless of him to say regardless.

I agree, he's just upset that he has no chance to get there this year with those two schools in front of him. Also, known as sour grapes.

Boise State beats up every opponent that dares play them. Number 1 Oregon has played them two years in a row and gotten thoroughly beat each time. TCU has played Boise in its last two bowls and lost. What more can anyone expect Boise to do?

Meanwhile, Ohio State gets over ranked every year and loses in the bowls. Does he really think the Big 10 is that good anymore?

Last edited:
What more can anyone expect Boise to do?

Join a real conference and prove that they are as good as they want to be. If they were in the SEC West this year, they'd be a 4 loss team, at best.

ND had NCs in 1966, 1973, 1977, 1988 - 2nd 1964, 1970, 1989, 1993 (should have been #1)

While SLOW OHIO St had a NC in 1968 and 2001

ND wins big - and loses big - were ahead of USC 24-0 in 1974 before USC scored 55 unanswered points.

Had Joe T -who thre for526 yards against them in 1970

Had Joe M - who beat them 49-17 in Green Jersey game in 1977

Had Tony Rice in 1988 - who beat them 27-10.

If Ohio State beats Michigan, I say they pit Ohio State and Boise State against each other in a bowl game. It would be awesome with all this added hype.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't Gee's intention all along. There has been talk that a 1 loss Ohio St could be left out of the BCS. This could be Gee's way of creating hype so that the BCS would want Ohio St.

hmmm That's a thought. Who knows.

Tell me about it, my mother went to Boise State and my uncle has season tickets. They are good enough, and they should be allowed to prove themselves.

Joe Thiesmann in 1968 - filling in forinjured Terry Hanratty - OUTPLAYS OJ SIMPSON in a 21-21 tie.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Joe Thiesmann in 1968 - filling in forinjured Terry Hanratty - OUTPLAYS OJ SIMPSON in a 21-21 tie.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

:confused: Are you posting in the right thread??

Joe T - 65 % passer - rushed for 600 yards in snr season- 10-1 - Defeated Texas in cotton Bowl = definated should have recieeved the Heisman

Was theQb in NFC Pro Bowl around 1983 in a 52- 3 rout - MVP -would have been in the NFL HOF if notfor career-endijng injury

Joe T - 65 % passer - rushed for 600 yards in snr season- 10-1 - Defeated Texas in cotton Bowl = definated should have recieeved the Heisman

Was theQb in NFC Pro Bowl around 1983 in a 52- 3 rout - MVP -would have been in the NFL HOF if notfor career-endijng injury

go start your own thread, troll

Little Joe Theismann - rifle arm - take him to the bank .............................

Forum List

Back