Ohio State players still talking about what they WOULD have done

You shouldn't read garbage. They have to pump that kind of crap out to their butt-hurt fans to keep them boosting and cheering on the Buckeyes. Nothing more.

Alabama absolutely annihilated a team that owned them the whole game. Urban Meyer is the most overrated coach in football. He lucked out at Florida with Spurrier's players and recruits.

MSU did not own OSU, that was a very close game. I think OSU hurt themselves by not taking all of their games seriously but in a one-off I think OSU could have beaten Alabama.

Eh, close doesn't really matter. OSU lost at home and MSU was using their backup QB.

No, Bama would have slaughtered OSU in the playoffs.

What is it that makes you think Alabama would have beaten OSU? OSU matched up pretty well and could have negated some of Alabama's advantages in a way MSU couldn't.

because Alabama, all season long, consistently shut down opposing teams running backs. The same thing would have happened to Elliott. He would have mustered a couple good runs, but for the most part, he would have been held in check much in the same way MSU held him in check.

Alabamas front 4 was way too deep for any team this season to handle. They could rotate in 7 guys that will all be playing on Sundays and not skip a beat.

COULD Ohio State have beaten Alabama this year? Possibly I would have given them about a 35-40% chance. But I live in Ohio, and Im an Alabama fan, so all I hear is how OSU would have curb stomped Alabama.

I laugh....because that notion is hilarious

I didn't say curb stomp, I said they could have beaten them.

You shouldn't read garbage. They have to pump that kind of crap out to their butt-hurt fans to keep them boosting and cheering on the Buckeyes. Nothing more.

Alabama absolutely annihilated a team that owned them the whole game. Urban Meyer is the most overrated coach in football. He lucked out at Florida with Spurrier's players and recruits.

MSU did not own OSU, that was a very close game. I think OSU hurt themselves by not taking all of their games seriously but in a one-off I think OSU could have beaten Alabama.

Eh, close doesn't really matter. OSU lost at home and MSU was using their backup QB.

What is it that makes you think Alabama would have beaten OSU? OSU matched up pretty well and could have negated some of Alabama's advantages in a way MSU couldn't.

Perhaps they COULD have. But the way Bama played that night, there were too many weapons and too much defense for anyone to have beaten them.

And my main point in this thread is to laugh at the OSU players talking smack when they couldn't win their own division of the Big 10.

I think Bama looked good because of MSU's weaknesses. OSU does have a point. They're saying they could have beaten Alabama and I agree with them.

Exactly what matchups do you think OSU would have exploited?

Perhaps they COULD have. But the way Bama played that night, there were too many weapons and too much defense for anyone to have beaten them.

And my main point in this thread is to laugh at the OSU players talking smack when they couldn't win their own division of the Big 10.

I think Bama looked good because of MSU's weaknesses. OSU does have a point. They're saying they could have beaten Alabama and I agree with them.

OSU could run off the edge, MSU couldn't. Because of rotation Bama had an advantage on the line of scrimmage and stuffed the middle. Because of that MSU had to pass and Bama's skill players were better than MSU's. That would not have been the case against OSU.

MSU did not own OSU, that was a very close game.

Close in score, not in stats. I watched the game... MSU dominated them all day. They had double the rushing and passing yards. Ezekiel Elliot was held to 33 yds... about what MSUs backup QB got that day. And.... Sparty was the only Top 10 team OSU played all season.

but in a one-off I think OSU could have beaten Alabama.

In your fucking dreams.

MSU didn't score enough to win the game without a FG that was lucky if you ask me, Geiger's not a great kicker. There was no domination there. OSU then kicked holy hell out of Michigan who then went on destroy Florida. If you want to play this game and focus on only one week then I'll say Ole Miss.

Yes, when you have over 200 yards of rushing and your opponent's Heisman hopeful is held to 33... that's domination. When your backup QB has twice the passing yards as the other guy... that's domination. With the game on the line and you can't stop your opponent from basically running the ball right down your throat to get into field goal range and win... that's domination.

I won't make any excuses for Alabama's loss to Ole Miss... they dominated our line of scrimmage all day long and we gave them 5 turnovers. But then, OSU didn't turn around and beat Ole Miss 38-0 in the playoffs. Nope, you have to pussily run to Michigan to make your case for how great OSU was! Pathetic!

MSU did not own OSU, that was a very close game.

Close in score, not in stats. I watched the game... MSU dominated them all day. They had double the rushing and passing yards. Ezekiel Elliot was held to 33 yds... about what MSUs backup QB got that day. And.... Sparty was the only Top 10 team OSU played all season.

but in a one-off I think OSU could have beaten Alabama.

In your fucking dreams.

MSU didn't score enough to win the game without a FG that was lucky if you ask me, Geiger's not a great kicker. There was no domination there. OSU then kicked holy hell out of Michigan who then went on destroy Florida. If you want to play this game and focus on only one week then I'll say Ole Miss.

Yes, when you have over 200 yards of rushing and your opponent's Heisman hopeful is held to 33... that's domination. When your backup QB has twice the passing yards as the other guy... that's domination. With the game on the line and you can't stop your opponent from basically running the ball right down your throat to get into field goal range and win... that's domination.

I won't make any excused for Alabama's loss to Ole Miss... they dominated our line of scrimmage all day long and we gave them 5 turnovers. But then, OSU didn't turn around and beat Ole Miss 38-0 in the playoffs. Nope, you have to pussily run to Michigan to make your case for how great OSU was! Pathetic!

You're an Alabama fan? Ah, now things make sense. Screw you for the pussy remark. I don't think you can narrow things down to one game and say "that's that team" like you've been doing.

In your fucking dreams.

And MSU didn't score at all against Alabama.

And there's a reason for that, they didn't have an advantage in the two key matchups.

The reason for that is that Bama's defense was on fire.

Why was it on fire though? Could it be because Bama was able to negate MSU's main advantage which was pounding the ball up the middle?

They weren't all about pounding up the middle. Their QB owns several records at MSU.

OSU could run off the edge, MSU couldn't. Because of rotation Bama had an advantage on the line of scrimmage and stuffed the middle. Because of that MSU had to pass and Bama's skill players were better than MSU's. That would not have been the case against OSU.

OSU wouldn't have run off the edge. Clemson had much better players and abilities to do that, and still lost. Our defense was mobile and fast.

And MSU didn't score at all against Alabama.

And there's a reason for that, they didn't have an advantage in the two key matchups.

The reason for that is that Bama's defense was on fire.

Why was it on fire though? Could it be because Bama was able to negate MSU's main advantage which was pounding the ball up the middle?

They weren't all about pounding up the middle. Their QB owns several records at MSU.

Yes. Cook was a great QB although not quite as good last year because MSU lost some good senior receivers. He was also injured.

You're an Alabama fan? Ah, now things make sense. Screw you for the pussy remark. I don't think you can narrow things down to one game and say "that's that team" like you've been doing.

Sorry, the pussy remark stands. If you have to run to your in-conference opponents to make your argument for how great your team is... that's a pussy move... done by pussies who are pussified.

I didn't narrow anything down. I said that Alabama annihilated a team that dominated OSU. And that was in a bowl game where everything was at stake and MSU had the chance to play for their first Natty EVER... WITH their starting QB.

OSU played cupcakes all season... the ONLY Top 10 team they played, beat them! But in your delusional dreams, you believe they would have stood a chance against one of the greatest defenses of all time? ....You guys seriously need to legalize whatever the fuck you're smoking!

Urban Meyer is the most overrated coach in football. He lucked out at Florida with Spurrier's players and recruits.

You are consistent I will give you that .consistently wrong but wtf.

Let's see. What coach has the first truly national championship?. Where his team beat the shit out of Alabama.

And you bossy , think Urban did that with Spurrier recruits?

And this year; Ohio State could have beaten Alabama. They played poorly at MI. And MI played inspired football.

Urban is a great coach. No argument there. But in both of his last gigs, he came into a team with quality players who had had success recently.

Saban is the best active coach in the game. He came to Alabama when they had sucked for years, and did more with them than any coach has done with a team in recent decades.

Urban Meyer is the most overrated coach in football. He lucked out at Florida with Spurrier's players and recruits.

Let's see. What coach has the first truly national championship?. Where his team beat the shit out of Alabama.

And this year; Ohio State could have beaten Alabama. They played poorly at MI. And MI played inspired football.

OSU couldn't win the Big Ten, and you think they would have beaten Bama? Dream on, they had issues all season. OSU didn't belong in the championship, that was proven.

OSU couldn't win the Big Ten, and you think they would have beaten Bama? Dream on, they had issues all season. OSU didn't belong in the championship, that was proven.

What I keep hearing is that OSU had the "same team as last year" when they beat bama and won it all.

Having the same people (if you did), does not mean it is the same team. I think the OSU players spent the season reading all the hype about them. They barely beat some inferior teams, when they should have smoked them. And you DO have to win your conference to be able to talk trash. Maybe Urban can teach them that.

Forum List

Back