Ohio Republican admits suppressing the black vote

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Doug Preisse, chairman of the Republican Party in Franklin County admitted in an email to the Columbus Dispatch that black voters would now have a harder time voting. “I guess I really actually feel we shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban — read African-American — voter-turnout machine. Let’s be fair and reasonable.”

In the 2008 election 82 percent of early voters in Franklin County voted on nights or weekends, and Preisse was one of the boar of election members who blocked Democratic attempts to expand voting hours to evenings and weekends. Most recently, Secretary of State Jon Husted suspended two Democratic members of the Montgomery County Election Board for voting to allow weekend voting in spite of the call to cut hours.

Preisse’s comments while shocking, are sadly not surprising. He merely said publicly what Republicans say privately–that voter suppression efforts in key swing states like Florida, Pennsylvania and Ohio will be the best bet for Republicans to win the 2012 election.

Ohio Republican Admits Party Trying To Disenfranchise Blacks | Care2 Causes

Doug Preisse, chairman of the Republican Party in Franklin County admitted in an email to the Columbus Dispatch that black voters would now have a harder time voting. “I guess I really actually feel we shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban — read African-American — voter-turnout machine. Let’s be fair and reasonable.”

In the 2008 election 82 percent of early voters in Franklin County voted on nights or weekends, and Preisse was one of the boar of election members who blocked Democratic attempts to expand voting hours to evenings and weekends. Most recently, Secretary of State Jon Husted suspended two Democratic members of the Montgomery County Election Board for voting to allow weekend voting in spite of the call to cut hours.

Preisse’s comments while shocking, are sadly not surprising. He merely said publicly what Republicans say privately–that voter suppression efforts in key swing states like Florida, Pennsylvania and Ohio will be the best bet for Republicans to win the 2012 election.

you're a lying sack of whale shit. You have ZERO evidence that Republicans said anything even remotely like that.

you're a lying sack of whale shit. You have ZERO evidence that Republicans said anything even remotely like that.

That was an intelligent distraction

Republicans have only won the popular presidential vote in one election in the last 20 years.....2004.

That is why they want to suppress the vote soooo bad.

Forum List

Back