Ohio poll: Obama leads by 5 percentage points

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Mitt Romney keeps telling Ohioans they are worse off than four years ago — but a majority of you are not buying it.

Six weeks before Election Day, President Barack Obama holds a 51 to 46 percent lead in the state over his Republican challenger, according to the most recent Ohio Newspaper Poll of likely voters.

The poll, taken between Sept. 13 and Tuesday and jointly paid for by the eight largest circulating newspapers in Ohio, including The Repository, was conducted by the Institute for Policy Research at the University of Cincinnati.

Ohio poll: Obama leads by 5 percentage points - Canton, OH - CantonRep.com

Romney's not likely to win if he loses Ohio, so this is not good news for him.

Mitt Romney keeps telling Ohioans they are worse off than four years ago — but a majority of you are not buying it.

Six weeks before Election Day, President Barack Obama holds a 51 to 46 percent lead in the state over his Republican challenger, according to the most recent Ohio Newspaper Poll of likely voters.

The poll, taken between Sept. 13 and Tuesday and jointly paid for by the eight largest circulating newspapers in Ohio, including The Repository, was conducted by the Institute for Policy Research at the University of Cincinnati.

Yes and my guy Sherrod Brown is also ahead by 7.2.

Yes and my guy Sherrod Brown is also ahead by 7.2.

Well Josh Mandel is one of the most blatantly corrupt politicians I've ever seen, so I'm not surprised.

What a surprise... No internals provided in the article...

I'm shocked, I tell you.....

Not sure what you mean by "internals."

http://www.cantonrep.com/archive/x354105443/file
http://www.cantonrep.com/archive/x1784769327/file

Do you pay to see the internals of Rasmussen polls?

Yup...Obama is holding firm in Ohio.

He's pulling away in Virginia too.

But Romney losing is a foregone conclusion at this point. The real story now is if Romney's failed campaign will keep the GOP from taking the Senate.

Excellent news.

Do you pay to see the internals of Rasmussen polls?

What does that have to do with this poll?

Just trying to get the numbers of D/R/I...

Interesting that they don't disclose that... Not surprising, though....

Obama helped the auto industry which Ohio relies on heavily. You can argue over the merits of the bailout all you want, but the fact is that Ohioans are glad that Obama bailed out Chrysler and GM. Secondly, the unemployment rate in Ohio is under 8% and the economy is growing.

Honestly, I don't think Romney has any chance any more, but if he does, I would suggest he concentrate his efforts in Florida and Virginia among the other swing states. I think he would be better off writing Ohio off and using his money in those other swing states where he has a better chance.

We know that with obama things will be out of control, at least with Romney their is a chance he can be controlled.
At least go with Romney.

Yup...Obama is holding firm in Ohio.

He's pulling away in Virginia too.

But Romney losing is a foregone conclusion at this point. The real story now is if Romney's failed campaign will keep the GOP from taking the Senate.

The real story could be much more than that. If Romney's campaign completely nosedives and Obama wins in a landslide, winning the Senate won't even come into play. While it is not likely, the House could all of a sudden be up for grabs.

We know that with obama things will be out of control, at least with Romney their is a chance he can be controlled.
At least go with Romney.

History shows us that no President ever gives up powers claimed by their predecessor. This means that Romney will do everything Obama does, and then some.

History shows us that no President ever gives up powers claimed by their predecessor. This means that Romney will do everything Obama does, and then some.

This. And I have to say if you disagree with this, you're really and truly ignorant of history. There hasn't been a reversal of Presidential Power since Nixon, and he was FORCED to give up what he gave up.

Obama helped the auto industry which Ohio relies on heavily. You can argue over the merits of the bailout all you want, but the fact is that Ohioans are glad that Obama bailed out Chrysler and GM. Secondly, the unemployment rate in Ohio is under 8% and the economy is growing.

Honestly, I don't think Romney has any chance any more, but if he does, I would suggest he concentrate his efforts in Florida and Virginia among the other swing states. I think he would be better off writing Ohio off and using his money in those other swing states where he has a better chance.

Ohio has a republican governor.

Ohio has a republican governor.

An unpopular Republican Governor.

Forum List

Back