Ohio Joins State Sovereignty Movement

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION To claim sovereignty over certain powers pursuant to the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America, to serve notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates, and to insist that certain federal legislation be prohibited or repealed.

H. C. R. No. 11  As Introduced

I'm very happy to see my state join in this movement to take back it's constitutional rights.

I cannot wait to see how these play out

RESOLVED, That the State of Ohio hereby claims sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution of the United States; and be it further

So far soo good. You can claim something and just so long as you frame those claims in language which does not really indentify what that is (except in the vague terms found in the constitution) no problem.

RESOLVED, That this resolution serves as notice and demand to the federal government, as our agent, to cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates that are beyond the scope of the constitutionally delegated powers; and be it further

And as long as the FEDS claim that nothing they are doing fits into that catagory of what is

beyond the scope of the constitutionally delegated powers

No problem

RESOLVED, That all compulsory federal legislation that directs states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalty or sanction or that requires states to enact legislation or lose federal funding be prohibited or repealed; and be it further

The clash comes when OHIO starts to enunciate exactly what they are planning on NOT complying with, I think.

This should be interesting, folks.

But right now, the above is NOT actually saying anything REAL except that they intend to do something REAL.

REAL comes when the state of OHIO refuses to obey the specific mandates of the FEDs.

So Kevin, what law or regulation that OHIO objects to do you think they'll use to make this resolution a reality?

Any idea specifically what OHIO is going to use to TEST the resolve of the FEDs?

I don't know how they intend to back it up, or if they intend to do so at all. I think the federal government will win that fight if it happens, however.

Forum List

Back