Ohio is a crappy state

Well, ginscpy claims that Ohio is a crappy state and it is boring. He/she claims has driven through it a few times. Obviously, he/she never stopped to meet the people of Ohio.

I am NOT from Ohio, but I lived there for six years, commuting 300 miles each week to our company's head office from my permanent residence, when the head office decided that I should work there, because of my IT contribution to the Company that earned me the extra expense to provide me with an apartment, a company car and my three square meals a day.

While in Akron I met the absolutely nicest people. I retired in 2003, but some of the Ohio folks I worked with I still keep in touch with, some of them visited me at my home, and most of them still remember me at Christmas.

The Boss I worked for, while there, never failed to stop at my desk and ask me how I was doing. I can say with all honesty that the best years of my working life of 37.5 years with the same company were the years I spent with my friends in Ohio.

I hope they will not disappoint me on November 6th.

Let me guess...

You only drove there to wack off to the Beatles exhibit at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Am I right??
and he told everyone there......"did you know if it wasnt for Ringo becoming their Drummer, the Beatles would have never made it"......

Lesee.....what are those people called who hanG around with musician's?

Oh! That's right.....DRUMMERS! :D

unless your a drummer of the caliber of a Keith Moon,Ginger Baker or a Neil Pert.....:D

matter of fact

they dumped Pete Best for a reason

good move

we told you why and even had 2 stories posted on it......and you still did not buy it.....and if Ringo was such a great move,how come George Martin would not let him drum on "Love Me Do?".....why did a studio Musician have to do it?.....Ringo became better as time went on.....but he was not,as you claim,the reason the Beatles were successful....and without him we would have never heard of them....

Of course, on the down side of Ohio....they have some of the crappiest and most smart aleck state troopers anywhere. Back when the speed limit was 55 for trucks, they didn't do much more than write tickets to truck drivers for as little as 1 or 2 over, all day..every day. Driving a truck through Ohio was a crap shoot.

OK - so Ohio has "nice people."

Bravo.

But the times I drove through it I didnt see much scenery - like mountains erc - was as flat as a pankcake and the geography was boring - but this was going on the interstate .

What is Ohios highest elevation??

Last edited:
SniperFire, Lovebears65, et al,

I thought this was funny. I was born in Pittsburgh. But I'm a graduate of The Ohio State University.

Plus they have sucky foot ball teams LOL.. Of course I am originally from Pittsburgh so any football team from OHIO is our enemy

You know.... I used to like you....
(COMMENT)

I guess I have a bit of loyalty in both directions. But Ohio is what it is. Of course it would be better if it could lose John Kasich.

v/r
R

OK - so Ohio has "nice people."

Bravo.

But the times I drove through it I didnt see much scenery - like mountains erc - was as flat as a pankcake and the geography was boring - but this was going on the interstate .

What is Ohios highest elevation??

Campbell Hill, in the city of Bellefontaine. About 1500 ft. But, SE Ohio is pretty damned rugged country too. And very sparsely populated.

I've been everywhere in the US, and Ohio has...by far...the most beautiful cities and towns in the country.

Nice folks too.

If you've ever driven north out of Kentucky into Cincinnati, or east on 2 into Cleveland, you know exactly what I mean.

Get off the interstate and on to US-30, US-6, OH-66, US-20, US-23, US-52 and OH-9...see the real Ohio, then come back and tell us it's "boring".

Pittsburgh is prettier LOL

Yeah...since all the steel mills closed. Before that, you couldn't see anything for the smoke and the smell would gag a maggot.

Forum List

Back