Ohio Anti-Union Forces Violates Great Grandmother

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
How crooked is this? No matter what side of the issue you're on there is no way anyone should condone this.

Great-grandmother says she feels ‘violated’ after image used in anti-union ad

A great-grandmother and Cincinnati resident says she feels "violated" after a group that supports ending collective bargaining rights for unions stole her appearance in a pro-union ad to make it seem as if she supported their side of the issue.

"It's insulting to the brave firefighters that saved the lives of my grandson and my great-granddaughter Zoey," Quinn said in a statement. "I'm outraged. They did not ask my permission. I feel violated."

The group that appropriated Quinn's image and story, Building a Better Ohio, is not apologizing.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...-she-feels-violated-image-used-181858833.html

Last edited:
Perhaps you could provide a link to the entire article rather than just your cherry picked favs.

And BTW - just sayin...MSM does this kind of thing ALL THE TIME.
Taking speakers out of context is as old as recorded video.

A link to the article would be good, because right now, this seems very illegal of them.

Based on what ?

Based on that it should be illegal to use your image without your permission. How would you like it if NAMBLA used your image to promote their agenda? :eek:

Exactly.

This woman is a private citizen who did an ad for a specific group. It is illegal to use her image for something else without her consent.

Based on that it should be illegal to use your image without your permission. How would you like it if NAMBLA used your image to promote their agenda? :eek:

Exactly.

This woman is a private citizen who did an ad for a specific group. It is illegal to use her image for something else without her consent.

Not illegal.

You're allowed limited use for documentaries and news reporting. This is neither of those.

What you're saying is that any citizen could be recorded at any time for any purpose and put in to any ad without permission ever being asked or granted.

Forum List

Back