Ohio admits earthquakes indirect result of fracking

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Last edited:
Yep, This injection well is about a mile from my Brothers house. I'm maybe 7 miles away from it straight line. We felt one of the dozen quakes here. And I suppose it's possible the injection well is to blame, but i still have a hard time believing that we can cause an earthquake without using a nuke.....

Yep, This injection well is about a mile from my Brothers house. I'm maybe 7 miles away from it straight line. We felt one of the dozen quakes here. And I suppose it's possible the injection well is to blame, but i still have a hard time believing that we can cause an earthquake without using a nuke.....

well there goes your property values. :lol:

it's not only possible.

in the news Breaking News: Daily News from the Associated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A dozen earthquakes in northeastern Ohio were almost certainly induced by injection of gas-drilling wastewater into the earth, state regulators said Friday as they announced a series of tough new rules for drillers.

After quakes, Ohio plans tough gas-drilling rules  | ajc.com

Does anyone know what caused earthquakes before idiots started blaming them on fracking?

how long before the right attacks the science? :eusa_whistle:

What science? All the real science says fracking does not cause earthquakes. The best evidence of that is that we there were earthquakes before anyone ever thought of fracking.

Do you have a link or did you just make that up?

There are exactly two reports that show any link between fracking and earthquakes, and neither of them show causation, just correlation. They both also admit that it happened in high earthquake areas, and that the quakes were minor.

When I see the word "admits" in a thread title, and then the phrase "almost certainly" in the post... can you blame me for being circumspect?

The left only cares about science if they agree with it, just like the right.

Ah, more policy being pushed out by government based on junk science and fear mongering.

in the news Breaking News: Daily News from the Associated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A dozen earthquakes in northeastern Ohio were almost certainly induced by injection of gas-drilling wastewater into the earth, state regulators said Friday as they announced a series of tough new rules for drillers.

After quakes, Ohio plans tough gas-drilling rules *| ajc.com

Does anyone know what caused earthquakes before idiots started blaming them on fracking?

hmmm, I guess you are shooting from the lisp again. :eusa_whistle:

I just heard this on the radio news too.

how long before the right attacks the science? :eusa_whistle:

What science? All the real science says fracking does not cause earthquakes. The best evidence of that is that we there were earthquakes before anyone ever thought of fracking.

that just might be the dumbest thing you've ever said here. and THAT is saying lots.

you probably used to mention there was no evidence smoking cigarettes caused or contributed to lung cancer because lung cancer existed before cigarettes?

Do you have a link or did you just make that up?

There are exactly two reports that show any link between fracking and earthquakes, and neither of them show causation, just correlation. They both also admit that it happened in high earthquake areas, and that the quakes were minor.

"Our evidence strongly suggests that the injection fluid lubricated a previously unmapped fault and contributed to seismic activity," said Natural Resources spokesman Carlo LoParo. "It was an unfortunate situation, and the operator drilled the well to specifications and operated within all permitted levels."

The report said: "Geologists believe it is very difficult for all conditions to be met to induce seismic events. In fact, all the evidence indicates that properly located ... injection wells will not cause earthquakes."

:(

When I see the word "admits" in a thread title, and then the phrase "almost certainly" in the post... can you blame me for being circumspect?

yes, if you ignore the whole article and take statements out of context

"Our evidence strongly suggests that the injection fluid lubricated a previously unmapped fault and contributed to seismic activity," said Natural Resources spokesman Carlo LoParo. "It was an unfortunate situation, and the operator drilled the well to specifications and operated within all permitted levels."

The report said: "Geologists believe it is very difficult for all conditions to be met to induce seismic events. In fact, all the evidence indicates that properly located ... injection wells will not cause earthquakes."

Forum List

Back