OHH That *Military* Channel

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
What great stories are told and shown. In HD, one feels as if one is there. A quality channel with great narration. I particularly liked to hear D.B. Sweeney describe with soft concision how the great Navy SEALs operation to evacuate 281 people from the US Embassy in Somalia went down. Navy SEALs Untold Stories: Canal Zone.
I couldn't find the video on YouTube, but did locate it here. ( hope it pastes ) well it didn't but the link is only 3 minutes long.

Watch Narrow Escape: Navy SEALs: Untold Stories: Canal Zone Previews Online | Free on XFINITY TV

Last edited:
I've watched the military channel several times... I agree with you.. It's well worth my time..

A lot of the Military channel is pop-history (the untold story, yeah right) or weapons and reality junk but some of it is quality stuff. "The World At War" is beyond a doubt the best documentary ever made about WW2. The Brit taxpayers paid for it back in the early 70's. The interviews of actual participants in their own words are priceless. The writing and narration by Laurence Olivier is excellent. The B&W series is well worth watching even through the long,long commercials.

A lot of the Military channel is pop-history (the untold story, yeah right) or weapons and reality junk but some of it is quality stuff. "The World At War" is beyond a doubt the best documentary ever made about WW2. The Brit taxpayers paid for it back in the early 70's. The interviews of actual participants in their own words are priceless. The writing and narration by Laurence Olivier is excellent. The B&W series is well worth watching even through the long,long commercials.

I too am a big fan of the military channel but I DVR what I want to see because of those long commercial breaks. Before I had it a local radio personality said a DVR will totally change one's approach to TV viewing and he was spot-on in my case.

Forum List

Back