Oh Yes he's for the "Middle Class alright"

Navy1960, do you ever seem to feel like you are one of the few people that actually have figured out that the Democrats (Obama) are telling the middle class exactly what they want to hear, instead of what they are going to do, or have done. Obama keeps talking about giving a tax break to 95% of americans....(yeah right!) and then taxing the so called (rich people) more. Do they realize that the (so called rich) are paying most of this countries taxes allready!!!!! that's a good idea, tax the people who have actually done something with the lives, instead of draining the government. The people he wants to give a tax break to are hardly paying any taxes at all anyway. Also, the big companies that they want to tax more are also the companies that are giving jobs to these "middle class" people that the Dems and Obama say that they care about so much. It amazes me how the Democrats take advantage of peoples ignorance.

You know, I can understand how someone like Obama can be appealing to people , I really can. Someone like Obama comes along when the economy is in the tank, and tells all the people he's for them, he's with them, and he's going to fix it for them and that holds great appeal. The sad part is that very few have gone beyond the appeal to actually look and see what it is he is proposing and to see how it actually is going to help them and is the message is the same as the man. When you do look at the real porposals and not the message, what you see is proposals that will increase, the cost of fuel, food, housing, cost jobs, and create a climate hostile for business in this country where they will see the option of going off shore as a better one than staying here. I don't mind pointing these out as most of the democrats on here will tell you. *laughs* However, I don't think I have convinced many democrats that Obama is not the right man for the job, and I think the same can be said in reverse on McCain. The great thing about all this. is every once in a rare while we actually do find things we can agree on. So there is still hope yet.

NO, HE HAD TO DUMP HIS DISABLED WIFE AND MARRY MONEY SO DADDY IN LAW COULD BUY HIM HIS SEAT IN THE SENATE.

As for "above paygrade", well, since you aren't a RICH, RICH, RICH Hollywood type, and as what, retired military, or wannabe, I would say that you are way outranked on the financial side, and not in a position to decide who will or not be listened to. Must be one of those "Money talks, and seamen walk, and walk, and walk" things. You shouldn't let your jealousy of financial success based on looks and an ability to mimic get to you. It doesn't mean they get "listened to," it just means they get to mimic the candidate and pay for the privilege. It isn't, most likely, your fault, I am sure you were good at taking orders, and have your own talents. You just don't have theirs!
I never cease to be amazed of people who are jealous of other people that have money, especially when it is those people who are paying this countries taxes.....

NO, HE HAD TO DUMP HIS DISABLED WIFE AND MARRY MONEY SO DADDY IN LAW COULD BUY HIM HIS SEAT IN THE SENATE.

As for "above paygrade", well, since you aren't a RICH, RICH, RICH Hollywood type, and as what, retired military, or wannabe, I would say that you are way outranked on the financial side, and not in a position to decide who will or not be listened to. Must be one of those "Money talks, and seamen walk, and walk, and walk" things. You shouldn't let your jealousy of financial success based on looks and an ability to mimic get to you. It doesn't mean they get "listened to," it just means they get to mimic the candidate and pay for the privilege. It isn't, most likely, your fault, I am sure you were good at taking orders, and have your own talents. You just don't have theirs!

You know, Contessa I could care less what someone in Hollywood makes financially. Obviously the concept of this thread is lost somewhere in that "I Love Obama Mania". I have tried in a diligent manner to explain the concept to you, but I see now, it's a lost cause. You are right about one thing though, I damn sure don't have their talents, and am quite happy I don't and have not lost one seconds sleep in all these years over it.

You know what I love most about democrats, you ready, here it is. when a democrat doesn't like something or doesn't fit the mold, it's automatically stupid or dumb. This thinking has always reminded me of what Karl Marx said about liberty, that basically people were too stupid to have it so thats why it needed to be passed out sparringly. In just about every thread I have seen on here, in every debate I have seen on this site is the comment that a thread is somehow stupid if it is not argeed with. I do find it surprising though, that the same people that find them stupid take the time to read them and respond to them.

Because your passing judgment on Obama's credibility and character on the fact that he decided to earn his own money instead of take public financing. Yes, I think thats stupid, I dont think your stupid and its not a personal attack, most of your posts have very good points and I have read many of them and do see where you are coming from most of the time but this I cant agree with. It just seems very petty.

You know, Contessa I could care less what someone in Hollywood makes financially. Obviously the concept of this thread is lost somewhere in that "I Love Obama Mania". I have tried in a diligent manner to explain the concept to you, but I see now, it's a lost cause. You are right about one thing though, I damn sure don't have their talents, and am quite happy I don't and have not lost one seconds sleep in all these years over it.

It doesnt sound like it, you say they are all scumbags and I am sure some are but who are you to generalize everyone in one catagory. I could say that all Republicans destroy the economy because they have been in office the last 8 years and look where we are. If you want to have a stereotype/generalization post then lets have at it. I have a list of people that I could bash. Brangelina just gave 2 million dollars to fight disease in Ethiopia. Now I am not a movie watcher and dont really care for Brad Pitt but do you think they are scumbags. Have you donated 2 million dollars to help anyone? How much money has Cindy Mccain donated? I know she had her own non profit organization and she stole from it.

Cindy McCain founded and ran the American Voluntary Medical Team in 1988, a non-profit organization which provided emergency medical and surgical care to children in Third World countries. Source The organization organized trips for doctors and nurses to third-world countries where disaster had struckSource. In 1992, volunteer doctors began complaining that Cindy McCain had been using their DEA numbers. The Drug Enforcement Agency itself had been calling and asking about rather sizable orders of Percocet, an addictive painkiller. Hundreds of Percocets were missing from AMVT's inventory.

I just don't like the candidate that you have nominated this time around, and think he is a phoney and his policies will be a disaster for this country.

If YOU are not a Democrat, then which candidate Democrats choose is none of your business. It is not your place.

You should, instead, concentrate on fielding the best candidate YOU PEOPLE can, in your own party.

Because your passing judgment on Obama's credibility and character on the fact that he decided to earn his own money instead of take public financing. Yes, I think thats stupid, I dont think your stupid and its not a personal attack, most of your posts have very good points and I have read many of them and do see where you are coming from most of the time but this I cant agree with. It just seems very petty.

In fact, I have said, over and over I think Obama is a decent man jschuck, However, In this respect, I think he is a little less than honest with his base. However, it did get you democrats all worked up though I must admit which was not the intent of the thread, it was actually to show that , and this is my opinion that Obama is not above the frey when it comes to pointing fingers about "class warfare". Now calling my post stupid, thats fine, but again I can take that, but you know it seems rather than just say hey you dumb ass old Republican Sailor this is stupid, tell me something that he has done ? Something we can debate over, I know we won't convince each other. As I said, I deal with a very ardent real life Obama supporting daughter on a daily basis so this is more like a vacation .

If YOU are not a Democrat, then which candidate Democrats choose is none of your business. It is not your place.

You should, instead, concentrate on fielding the best candidate YOU PEOPLE can, in your own party.

Actually it is my business Contessa and you know it, he is running for president of all the United States not the democrat president of the United States. As a matter of fact I have voted for a democrat before, so it is MY place and it is MY business, just like who the republican candidate is your business and your place.

It doesnt sound like it, you say they are all scumbags and I am sure some are but who are you to generalize everyone in one catagory. I could say that all Republicans destroy the economy because they have been in office the last 8 years and look where we are. If you want to have a stereotype/generalization post then lets have at it. I have a list of people that I could bash. Brangelina just gave 2 million dollars to fight disease in Ethiopia. Now I am not a movie watcher and dont really care for Brad Pitt but do you think they are scumbags. Have you donated 2 million dollars to help anyone? How much money has Cindy Mccain donated? I know she had her own non profit organization and she stole from it.

Cindy McCain founded and ran the American Voluntary Medical Team in 1988, a non-profit organization which provided emergency medical and surgical care to children in Third World countries. Source The organization organized trips for doctors and nurses to third-world countries where disaster had struckSource. In 1992, volunteer doctors began complaining that Cindy McCain had been using their DEA numbers. The Drug Enforcement Agency itself had been calling and asking about rather sizable orders of Percocet, an addictive painkiller. Hundreds of Percocets were missing from AMVT's inventory.

Point taken and I stand corrected jschuck , i'm sure that some are good and decent people, and some are complete scumbags. I am well aware of Cindy McCains past as you well know. I don't think you have ever seen me deny this as part of her past.

...I could care less ...

You really need to fix this as the phrase is "I couldn't possibly care any less......" which means that a thing is totally of no interest to you, unimportant.

If you "could care less," but don't, it leads to the question, "why do you care so much?"

It is obviously preying on your mind, that these RICH HOLLYWOOD TYPES are involved as you are so determined to push the issue.

You really need to fix this as the phrase is "I couldn't possibly care any less......" which means that a thing is totally of no interest to you, unimportant.

If you "could care less," but don't, it leads to the question, "why do you care so much?"

It is obviously preying on your mind, that these RICH HOLLYWOOD TYPES are involved as you are so determined to push the issue.

No actually, the context in which you have taken the original post Contessa is completely wrong. I have made my point as far as Obama's portrayal of himself, which was the original intent. My adivice, to you, stop trying to find hidden meanings and instead of reading "between" the lines, read THE lines. Also, accept my apologies and know that I will be there right away to pay my ticket to the *correct english police*

Actually it is my business Contessa and you know it, he is running for president of all the United States not the democrat president of the United States. As a matter of fact I have voted for a democrat before, so it is MY place and it is MY business, just like who the republican candidate is your business and your place.

I didn't vote for McCain, I chose another Republican. I wanted an HONEST man in the job.

And your only business with a candidate of whose party you are not a part, is vote against him in a general election. It is NOT YOUR PLACE to tell those of an opposing party whom they must choose. You were not, apparently, willing to join that party, even temporarily, to have a voice in the process. That means that that process, or who was chosen, is not for you to say. You are not part of that club. If you don't like the candidate the Democrats have chosen, then do not vote for him in the general election. THAT is the only say YOU have. You really should learn your place in the big scheme of things.

I didn't vote for McCain, I chose another Republican. I wanted an HONEST man in the job.

And your only business with a candidate of whose party you are not a part, is vote against him in a general election. It is NOT YOUR PLACE to tell those of an opposing party whom they must choose. You were not, apparently, willing to join that party, even temporarily, to have a voice in the process. That means that that process, or who was chosen, is not for you to say. You are not part of that club. If you don't like the candidate the Democrats have chosen, then do not vote for him in the general election. THAT is the only say YOU have. You really should learn your place in the big scheme of things.

You like to talk down to people don't you Contessa? "learn my place" Is this that "hope and change" message your party's candidate is out there pushing means? Thank you, as a matter of fact, I won't vote for Obama, and as for selecting your candidate to run, your wrong there too. That depends on what state I live in now doesn't it? If I lived in one of those states that lets anyone vote in a primary then I do have a say so in who is choosen as the head of the ticket. One more thing, I have yet to "learn my place" after all these years , perhaps someone like you who knows everything there is to know and is better than I am, is willing to teach me huh? I might warn you, don't make a mistake of assuming things you have no clue about, based on whatever dogma you have been programmed with.

I never cease to be amazed of people who are jealous of other people that have money, especially when it is those people who are paying this countries taxes.....

Actually, I am from a TAX DONOR STATE. THAT MEANS WE ARE PART OF THE GROUP OF PEOPLE that support the Federal Welfare receiving DONEE states. We do not "hate" rich people, we ARE the people with the money, the ones who DO pay the taxes and we are very generous, as we are part of the group that make it so that the needy states and their people have a life. Incidentally, the majority of DONEE(recipient of Federal Handouts) States are RED STATES.

.............................Federal Spending per Dollar of Federal Taxes
State. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Rank

Alaska..................$2.00 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 1
New Mexico..............$1.87 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 2
West Virginia ..........$1.83 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 3
Mississippi ............$1.77 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 4
North Dakota ...........$1.73 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 5
Alabama ................$1.71 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 6
Virginia ...............$1.66 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 7
Hawaii .................$1.60 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 8
Montana ................$1.58 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 9
South Dakota ...........$1.49 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 10
Oklahoma ...............$1.48 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 11
Arkansas ...............$1.47 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 12
Louisiana ..............$1.45 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 13
Kentucky ...............$1.45 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 14
Maryland ...............$1.44 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 15
Maine ..................$1.40 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 16
South Carolina .........$1.38 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 17
Tennessee ..............$1.30 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 18
Arizona ................$1.30 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 19
Missouri ...............$1.29 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 20
Idaho ..................$1.28 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 21
Utah ...................$1.14 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 22
Kansas .................$1.12 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 23
Vermont ................$1.12 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 24
Iowa ...................$1.11 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 25
Wyoming ................$1.11 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 26
North Carolina .........$1.10 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 27
Nebraska ...............$1.07 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 28
Pennsylvania ...........$1.06 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 29

Florida ................$1.02 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 30
Rhode Island ...........$1.02 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 31
Ohio ...................$1.01 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 32
Indiana ................$0.97 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 33
Oregon .................$0.97 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 34
Georgia ................$0.96 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 35
Texas ..................$0.94 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 36
Washington .............$0.88 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 37
Michigan ...............$0.85 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 38
Wisconsin ..............$0.82 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 39
Delaware ...............$0.79 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 40
Colorado ...............$0.79 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 41
New York ...............$0.79 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 42
California .............$0.79 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 43
Massachusetts ..........$0.77 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 44
Nevada .................$0.73 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 45
Illinois ...............$0.73 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 46
Minnesota ..............$0.69 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 47
New Hampshire ..........$0.67 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 48
Connecticut ............$0.66 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 49
New Jersey .............$0.55 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . 50
District of Columbia ...$6.64 collected for every $1.00 paid in taxes . . . na

Federal Spending in Each State Per Dollar of Federal Taxes FY 2004
Source: Tax Foundation, Census Bureau.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/ftsbs-20060316.pdf

Hawaii and Maryland have a large proportion of DoD spending, because of Defense issues.

DC is jointly owned by Repubs and Dems.

In fact, I have said, over and over I think Obama is a decent man jschuck, However, In this respect, I think he is a little less than honest with his base. However, it did get you democrats all worked up though I must admit which was not the intent of the thread, it was actually to show that , and this is my opinion that Obama is not above the frey when it comes to pointing fingers about "class warfare". Now calling my post stupid, thats fine, but again I can take that, but you know it seems rather than just say hey you dumb ass old Republican Sailor this is stupid, tell me something that he has done ? Something we can debate over, I know we won't convince each other. As I said, I deal with a very ardent real life Obama supporting daughter on a daily basis so this is more like a vacation .

I'm not here for personal attacks and to be frank we have beaten just about every horse on this board to death. I think we are getting so close to election time and so many are so passionate that we start to nit pick(that goes for both sides) because we have discussed everything 100 times over. I'm running out of steam. Lets just vote already.

Forum List

Back