Oh Ya? Or What?

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
:lol: Powerless

CRAWFORD, Texas (Reuters) - The White House Tuesday said if Russia has seized any U.S. military equipment in Georgia, Moscow must return it immediately.

"If the Russians have it, it needs to be returned immediately," White House spokesman Gordon Johndroe said about reports that Russians had taken a container carrying U.S. military humvees at a Georgian port.

(Reporting by Tabassum Zakaria; Editing by David Wiessler)

W.House: Russia needs to return any U.S. equipment

:lol: Powerless

CRAWFORD, Texas (Reuters) - The White House Tuesday said if Russia has seized any U.S. military equipment in Georgia, Moscow must return it immediately.

"If the Russians have it, it needs to be returned immediately," White House spokesman Gordon Johndroe said about reports that Russians had taken a container carrying U.S. military humvees at a Georgian port.

(Reporting by Tabassum Zakaria; Editing by David Wiessler)

W.House: Russia needs to return any U.S. equipment

And it better be full of gas too or we'll charge em out the wazooo !!!

I get the impression Russia isn't too concerned about our statements concerning Georgia. I think we royally pissed them off over the missle defense systems we are putting in their back yard.

I get the impression Russia isn't too concerned about our statements concerning Georgia. I think we royally pissed them off over the missle defense systems we are putting in their back yard.

Poland is a sovereign Nation, not Russia's Back yard.

however you are right, Russia is pissed they will not be able to so easily threaten Europe anymore. Poor them.

Bush's ridiculous war has weakened America severely. Putin knows there is nothing we can or will do.

Bush's ridiculous war has weakened America severely. Putin knows there is nothing we can or will do.

No? We can provide air support for Georgia and the Russians don't have shit to keep up with our pilots or planes.

What Putin knows is because of people like you, we don't have the will to do anything.

No? We can provide air support for Georgia and the Russians don't have shit to keep up with our pilots or planes.

What Putin knows is because of people like you, we don't have the will to do anything.

While I agree we could provide air support, and our Air forces are far superior to Russia's. I still think the main reason we will not do that, is we are unwilling to risk a Nuclear war over it.

However there is also a lot of truth to what you said about Putin knowing about people like Kirk. Ever since we invaded Iraq we have been broadcasting to the world just how many Americans are unwilling to stand up against evil.

While I agree we could provide air support, and our Air forces are far superior to Russia's. I still think the main reason we will not do that, is we are unwilling to risk a Nuclear war over it.

However there is also a lot of truth to what you said about Putin knowing about people like Kirk. Ever since we invaded Iraq we have been broadcasting to the world just how many Americans are unwilling to stand up against evil.

That was my point. There IS something we can do. We do not have the manpower available to take on Russia in a land war. We DO have a superior air force and the best damned pilots in the world.

We won't do anything because people without balls are driving the train right now.

Why would sane americans want to go to war with russia, over a minor border conflict in Georgia?

America has engaged in more wars, and invaded more nations, in the last 30 years, than any other nation on the planet. I don't think anyone thinks we're pussies.

I think it's perfectly sane for an american to not want to go to war, over a minor skirmish in georgia. I don' think you'd find enough americans who want to go to war over georgia, to fill a telephone booth.

however you are right, Russia is pissed they will not be able to so easily threaten Europe anymore. Poor them.

Oh? I guess you missed last years energy move by Russia, shutting down shipments to Ukraine when it misbehavied?

Oh? I guess you missed last years energy move by Russia, shutting down shipments to Ukraine when it misbehavied?

No I am well aware of that, I simply do not think we should shy away from Protecting Europe, or placing a defense system in Poland because of it. In fact if anything I think it is proof we should do it.

I am not big on backing down in the face of threats. Europe was warned not to get to dependent on Russia for energy. To bad they failed to listen eh.

No I am well aware of that, I simply do not think we should shy away from Protecting Europe, or placing a defense system in Poland because of it. In fact if anything I think it is proof we should do it.

I am not big on backing down in the face of threats. Europe was warned not to get to dependent on Russia for energy. To bad they failed to listen eh.

What threats? Is Russia threatening to invade Poland with their tiny military?

That was my point. There IS something we can do. We do not have the manpower available to take on Russia in a land war. We DO have a superior air force and the best damned pilots in the world.

We won't do anything because people without balls are driving the train right now.

So are you advocating that we use our superior air power in this case?

If so, on what grounds?

What threats? Is Russia threatening to invade Poland with their tiny military?

No just threatening to starve Europe of Energy. Just like you pointed out they did to Ukraine.

Oh an Russia did just issue a vague threat of "attacks" if we go through with the Defense system in Poland.

Bluster if you ask me.

Last edited:

The missle defense system will be 115 miles from Russia. To me that is backyard and the Russians must think so too. Since when is Russia concerned about sovernity?

The missle defense system will be 115 miles from Russia. To me that is backyard and the Russians must think so too. Since when is Russia concerned about sovernity?

Well I could care less. We are talking about a defensive shield, not offensive weapons.

Please don't tell me you are saying we should not do it, simply because it may offend the Russians?

Well I could care less. We are talking about a defensive shield, not offensive weapons.

Please don't tell me you are saying we should not do it, simply because it may offend the Russians?

I'm aware the missle systems are offensive but this is more than just simply offending Russia. It's provoking them. Big difference. IMO. Leave it to Bush to drag us into yet another mess he isn't capable of handling without making matters worse.

Forum List

Back