‘Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow’...

I believe that the greatest honor one can bestow on the recently departed is to attend their funeral.

I 'think' I understand why you believe that. (if my understanding is incorrect, lightly spank me in a PM please) Can't believe I'm ASKING to be spanked! :lol:

To me, what does it matter to the deceased?
However it does comfort family and friends.

Some of my 'fondest' family gatherings happened at funerals and the fellowship before and after.

My dad was pronouced dead one moment, then regained consciousness.
He asked for and recieved Last Rights. Then he died.

Jobs's sister didn't have to share her brother's final moments but I'm glad she did.
Took a lot of courage.

Remember the toy Tamagotchi Nanos?
When my Grandmother passed, family were gathered around her bedside.
At the moment she passed the Nano passed as well, making the sound that it did at that time, when the virtual pet 'died'.

It was comic relief for us all.

I've heard it said that (and i can only paraphrase) . . . if there is a god, he would not make dying, something we all have to do, our final and second great common human experience a bad one . . .

Judging from my close call, it most definitely isn't.

No drug comes remotely close to that final trip, and believe me, I've tried to duplicate it many times.

The so called dying vision is nothing but a cascade of neuro-transmitters flooding the brain resulting in sensory hallucinations.

There's nothing divine about it.

As far as any profound meaning to what Jobs supposedly said as he died; there is none.

stevejobs.jpg

The so called dying vision is nothing but a cascade of neuro-transmitters flooding the brain resulting in sensory hallucinations.

I'm inclined to think that, too and I actually went through the entire process complete with: 1) a review of my entire life; 2) floating over my body as they tried to revive me; 3) rushing to the GREAT WHITE LIGHT; 4) meeting my grandmother in what appeared to be some kind of limbo, and 4) finally coming back ONLINE and alive when my GM told me " You're not supposed to be here yet"

There's nothing divine about it.

That's a highly plausible theory in my opinion, Skull

As far as any profound meaning to what Jobs supposedly said as he died; there is none.

Who suggested it was "profound"?

It was amusing, though... ESPECIALLY for those of us for whom the quote " OH WOW! "was a such a common catchphrase back in our hippie days.

But having gone through that dying process?

OH WOW!is about as good a response as I can come up with, too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back