Oh, what the f**k?

I don't really understand your objection to this.

This is where the people are.

A parent can go shopping and drop their kid off at the library at the same time.

What's wrong with that?

A parent can go shopping and drop their kid off at the library at the same time.
:eusa_eh:

Library =/= daycare

What, did Wal*Mart kick the sorry fuckers out?

Libraries have always been daycares.

They were daycares when people shopped downtown in the 50s, and now they're daycares when people shop at the mall.

What's wrong with that?

• Banned
Libraries are not meant to be daycare. They're one of the most valuable resources in the world, not someplace to drop off your snotnosed brats so you don't have to do your job as a parent.

Libraries are not meant to be daycare. They're one of the most valuable resources in the world, not someplace to drop off your snotnosed brats so you don't have to do your job as a parent.

What.s the matter? Are you worried that your snot nosed kids might turn out to be smarter than you if they see a library? From your attitude I will bet that you never spent any time in a library when you were a kid, or since then, otherwise you would think this was the normal way things work at libraries.

• Banned
:lol:

Whatever, moron. I don't even need my library card at several libraries because the librarians know who I am and hand me my holds/ILL requests as I walk in.

I suppose JB's idea is that the parental unit would be perusing the adult offerings, perhaps "bettering" themselves,

but in real life, most folks try to combine their errands in an effort to be efficient,

so it doesn't surprise me that Business Is Booming for that particular library.

And I'll tell you something else ~
I WISH Walmart would provide an area for a library,
because reading is SO important for a decent education,
both formal and street.

Talk about No Child Left Behind... ^THAT^ would do it, imho.

Right, expecting parents to do their job and watch after their children makes me a bad person :rolleyes:

Libraries are damn-near holy places, collecting and safeguarding the accumulated knowledge of Mankind and making that knowledge available to everyone (well, public libraries, at least). They are key to enabling the free exchange and discrimination of ideas and information necessary to preserving liberty and the republic and and safeguarding against social regression and collapse. When the great libraries of the past were burned, Man's social, scientific, and technological progress suffered untold setback.

They're not daycare or drop-off points for worthless parents to leave their children. That's what babysitters, playdates, and daycare centers are for. To take your child with you to the library as you would to any other place is one matter- to advocate setting your child loose in the halls of human accomplishment to despoil Man's greatest intellectual trasures with their filthy hands and runny noses whilst you you go to the Gap or clothin boutique is trendy nowadays is sacrilege and high crimes.

It's like changing a baby upon Jesus' chest and letting his awake to find a soiled diaper upon his face.

I suppose JB's idea is that the parental unit would be perusing the adult offerings, perhaps "bettering" themselves,

but in real life, most folks try to combine their errands in an effort to be efficient,

so it doesn't surprise me that Business Is Booming for that particular library.

And I'll tell you something else ~
I WISH Walmart would provide an area for a library,
because reading is SO important for a decent education,
both formal and street.

Talk about No Child Left Behind... ^THAT^ would do it, imho.
Left Behind: The Kids

tongue-smiley-004.gif

http://www.leftbehind.com/01_products/browse.asp?section=Kids

Last edited:
Right, expecting parents to do their job and watch after their children makes me a bad person :rolleyes:

Libraries are damn-near holy places, collecting and safeguarding the accumulated knowledge of Mankind and making that knowledge available to everyone (well, public libraries, at least). They are key to enabling the free exchange and discrimination of ideas and information necessary to preserving liberty and the republic and and safeguarding against social regression and collapse. When the great libraries of the past were burned, Man's social, scientific, and technological progress suffered untold setback.

They're not daycare or drop-off points for worthless parents to leave their children. That's what babysitters, playdates, and daycare centers are for. To take your child with you to the library as you would to any other place is one matter- to advocate setting your child loose in the halls of human accomplishment to despoil Man's greatest intellectual trasures with their filthy hands and runny noses whilst you you go to the Gap or clothin boutique is trendy nowadays is sacrilege and high crimes.

It's like changing a baby upon Jesus' chest and letting his awake to find a soiled diaper upon his face.

Excuse me, but libraries are far from holy places. Ask any book collector how he feels about the way libraries always deface books, stamping them and blocking off portions of the text. They are not there to safeguard knowledge, they are there to spread it and share it with as many people as possible. They are there to educate those kids on the beauty of knowledge and the power of reading. If you don't like it that children are in your temple go find another one.

Last edited:
Blocking off portions of the test? huh?

We're not talking about youth using the library's resources, dumbass. We're talking about people like edit advocating dropping your rugrats off at the library while you go shopping and letting the little devils run amok.

You put the service where people are so they can use it.

Clackamas county has had a branch in the Clackamas mall for years.

the reason they have libraries in downtowns and on shopping streets is thats where the people are. Back when people shopped downtown, that is where the library was.

We're not talking about youth using the library's resources, dumbass. We're talking about people like edit advocating dropping your rugrats off at the library while you go shopping and letting the little devils run amok.

you assume and project too much

your world view is sad

Oh, WOW!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Not just "dump 'em off" ~

take them for story times and such, where there is scheduled activity for them to be engaged in.

Holy Mackerel!!! NO WAY would I advocate for just dropping the kids off to (as you so eloquently put it! ;) )

Run Amok!

No wEnder you were so freaked out!!!

Forum List

Back