Oh those WILD "Liberal" Theories!

Some people believe in a man in the sky too. Belief is poor science, which is why you fools look so foolish with this crap all the time.

Not only did you beat me to it, but you were more eloquent that I would have been. Kudos.

When Conservatives stop believing in word games and start believing in reality, they may start winning elections again!

Thanks for clearing it up. it's a political BELIEF that AGW is real. There is certainly changes in local and global weather patterns, and there are also some facts regarding a warming planet. the whole fuckinng universe on a planetary level is heating up, genius. I supppose the "industrial capitalists" are also warming Mars now. No one is denying a shift in the climate, it's been going on as long as, and before we were even measuring it.

But man-made global warming is a fucking joke. "Concensus" and "belief", a scientific case do not make. Which is why you frenzy fucktards with your beliefs and concensus will continue to be ridiculed by those us with an IQ higher than 85.

Last edited:
Strange. People who believe science is a faith, evolution a lie and climate change a conspiracy trying to "explain" science because everyone else is so "poor" at doing it.

A couple of years ago, on this very board, I was pointing out the increased snowfall and how many scientists connect it to "Planet Warming".

Meh, so now we have gone from Global Warming to Climate Change and back to Planet Warming. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this planet has been COOLING over the past decade. I am in favor of REASONABLE pollution controls, but the Left is more interested in POLITICAL control through its special interest subsidiaries like the Union of Concerned Scientists. Do you ever wonder who funds the "research" done by these groups? Do you think their funding would continue if they came up with the "wrong" conclusions?

I have to laugh when academic qualifications are added to the debate, since most academics come from humble backgrounds and, having little personal knowledge or experience, swallow whatever they have been taught and latch onto degrees and credentials as their intellectual lifelines.

Yet the right has no qualms about listening to the Shell answer man when it comes to questions about global climate change. No concern about bias there?

The GOP, the only political party in the world that doesn't believe in science. A world wide laughingstock and horror...

The only country that supported Romney was Pakistan. Understandable.

Republicans let Bin Laden go and Pakistanis were pissed Obama took him out in their country.

Nice cut and paste!

The Global Warming scam is a way to get UN Agenda 21 laws in place in the US which will shut down industry and remove individual property rights.

You're being duped.

"Record-breaking heat waves, a fire season run amok, sustained levels of drought unseen since the Dust Bowl of the 1930s: Throughout the summer of 2012, the weather came on like a grudge, as spiteful and relentless as an Old Testament plague. It was the hottest July ever in the United States, and the third-hottest summer in the history of the country. By September, 7 million acres had burned across the U.S.: 600,000 acres in Nevada; 144,000 in Idaho; 650,000 in Montana. The record for worst fire year in U.S. history had only just been set in 2006 (9.8 million acres burned), but it's likely that 2012 will surpass that number. In July, in Guthrie, Oklahoma, thermometers hit 114 degrees, breaking the previous record set in 1896. By August, 63 percent of the country was experiencing drought conditions, drying up wells across the Midwest. On a Navajo reservation in New Mexico, feral horses started dropping dead; horse-rescue organizations around the country couldn't handle the spike in business. Down in Texas, where the previous summer's drought had prompted an unprecedented cattle drive north – thinning the state's 5-million-head herd by 12 percent – an unusually mild winter (even by Texas standards) had allowed plague-carrying mosquitoes to survive and flourish, resulting in an outbreak of West Nile virus that killed at least 77 people."

298_298_will-the-west-survive.jpg

Carbon dioxide excess is keeping my family safer. We got mowed down by Andrew. Moved to the middle of the state and had Charley, Frances and Jeanne in 2004. Wilma visited in 2005.

Since then, diddly-squat. Thanks!! Irene came no where near us and Sandy slid by harmlessly.

Hurricanes are giant heat transfer engines. They take heat from sub-tropical climes and move it to cooler areas to dump it.

Cooler areas have moved farther north; hurricanes dump their heat farther north.

Do you really have to see hurricanes over Newfoundland to know something? Really??!!??

Regards from Rosie

Nice cut and paste!

The Global Warming scam is a way to get UN Agenda 21 laws in place in the US which will shut down industry and remove individual property rights.

You're being duped.

My Golden Retriever could dupe rdean... it's no mean feat.

Wouldn't the world have to, i dont know, actually be warming for there to be global warming. The planet hasnt been warming since 1998. Which is precisely why they are changing the language from global warming to "climate change" because then it doesn't matter what direction the tempature goes, it's proves the "theory".

It's junk science. used to manipulate people politically.

Carbon dioxide excess is keeping my family safer. We got mowed down by Andrew. Moved to the middle of the state and had Charley, Frances and Jeanne in 2004. Wilma visited in 2005.

Since then, diddly-squat. Thanks!! Irene came no where near us and Sandy slid by harmlessly.

Hurricanes are giant heat transfer engines. They take heat from sub-tropical climes and move it to cooler areas to dump it.

Cooler areas have moved farther north; hurricanes dump their heat farther north.

Do you really have to see hurricanes over Newfoundland to know something? Really??!!??

Regards from Rosie

You realize you exhale carbon dioxide right? it's no more a pollutant than hydrogen is.

Regards from Rosie

You realize you exhale carbon dioxide right? it's no more a pollutant than hydrogen is.

Ever go into a greenhouse?

Temps of 98° in Minneapolis and 101° in Fargo and there is no warming? Then why is my house empty in January but full of relatives seeking sea breezes in JULY?

You have GOT to be kidding. Expect greenhouse gases to make the sand you stuck your head in hotter and hotter.

Regards from Rosie

A couple of years ago, on this very board, I was pointing out the increased snowfall and how many scientists connect it to "Planet Warming". Right Wingers blasted me with "if it's warming, then how could there be snow"? So I pointed out how the sun and evaporation work and how that vapor hit's the upper atmosphere and returns in the form of snow. And I was hit endlessly with "another WILD Liberal Theory".

The Northeast is being bombarded with 4 inches of snow. Never in US recorded history has this much snow arrived so early and on the heals of the largest, maybe not the fastest, but the largest hurricane ever recorded in this country.

Then there is are "economic policies". When "supply and demand" is explained, how many right wingers ON THIS VERY BOARD have made "fun" of the most basic foundational policy of modern US Capitalist Economic Policy?

Then there is the study of Geology, Plate Tectonics, and the history of the earth. Of course, if the earth is merely thousands of years old, then all that "study" doesn't really mean anything. Same with evolution and how disease jumps from species to species and how weather patterns effect pan epidemics.

------------------------------So What's The Point?----------------

I'm watching these "pundits" talking about how John Huntsman would have been a better candidate, since he has a proven record as having worked with Democrats (see Obama) and has positive approval ratings from his "accomplishments". But his problem was that he made fun of the Republicans Party and their "anti science" stance and their stance on "education".

Now we are entering the next term of the current president. The Republicans Party will never win another presidential election with these positions on science and education. They either "man up" and join the rest of the country or become the "new poor and ignorant". That's the choice. They need to come to the conclusion that many other people have come to that they can have two sets of beliefs, one based in the "real" world and their own private "spiritual and mystical" beliefs. But you can't let those beliefs hold you back.

The only way this nation can maintain it's slim lead is through science and technology. That requires education. The right wing is going to have to show some self control and not immediately scoff at science and technology because they seem to contradict their mystical beliefs.

They are going to have to stop dividing the country based on race. The Republican Party is 90% white. The crowds of overweight and old white people in Ohio were the most jarring. It seems Republicans believe they have beliefs and morals no one else has or shares. That will have to change.

Unless Republicans change, they will become a frustrated and more radical party with less and less power. It wasn't lost on America what that party did to the president for the last four years. It wasn't lost what that party tried to do by undermining democracy. 100% of blacks and 77% of Hispanics voting as a block? That shouldn't be. Both groups are simply more diverse than that, but the Republicans are so extreme, those groups found more common ground.

And, I'm making a Prediction right here. I suspect the leader that will emerge to lead the Republican Party will be Chris Christie. I may not believe his polices or even agree with them, but he is the only Republican that I believe can stand up to the Rushes and the Billos and the Annes and the Seans. Somebody is going to have to if that party is to move ahead.

It's my understanding of science that makes me question man-made global warming proclamations.

It's widely accepted in the scientific community that the earth is around 4.5 billion years old. 4.5 billion years ago, it a was a ball of molten metal and rock. It's cooled down an awful lot over it's entire lifespan.

We, as a human race, have discovered numerous underwater remnants of ancient civilizations. We know that they didn't live underwater. We also have a pretty good idea that they didn't have factories either. Yet, somehow, they ended up underwater. The Sahara desert used to be a lush rainforest. South America used to be attached to Africa. Numerous massive asteroids have hit the earth over the course of it's lifetime leading to worldwide destruction and mass extinction.

Most man-made global warming people go back a max of 100 years to show trends and such. Assuming the methods of measurement were even accurate 100 years ago, 100 years of monitoring is roughly 0.0000002% of the earth's life span. That duration would be roughly the same as 4.9 seconds of a 76 year old person's life.

Ignoring that, the sun basically determines how everything on earth happens. Solar flares and solar radiation can have drastic affects on earth. Beyond that, the universe is filled with a bunch of shit we don't understand, we can't detect and we can't see. So, we call it "dark" matter and energy. We don't have all the answers: not even close.

Man-made global warming could be true but i know there's no way of definitively proving it let alone being able to make a very strong argument for it that couldn't be as easily explained as "the cosmos/earth are both continuing to change just as they always have." Therefore, i see man-made global warming as nothing more than a scare tactic. There's plenty of good reasons to try to avoid polluting the planet: why not focus on those? Personally, i find the idea that we can project 100 years worth of measurements over the remaining life of the planet every bit as ridiculous as the idea that the earth is only 12,000 years old.

Last edited:
You have to believe in Global Warming, it's an article of Faith

Lord and Savior Obama will lower the seas.

Regards from Rosie

Ever go into a greenhouse?

Temps of 98° in Minneapolis and 101° in Fargo and there is no warming? Then why is my house empty in January but full of relatives seeking sea breezes in JULY?

You have GOT to be kidding. Expect greenhouse gases to make the sand you stuck your head in hotter and hotter.

Regards from Rosie

See, in summer. the tempature goes up. In winter, it goes down. It's a seasonal thing. It happens yearly. The fact is the tempatures haven't been rising since 1998. You can ignore the data. But it won't change reality. If the tempatures were going up, we wouldn't be told that we have to start calling the problem climate change now. We would still be calling it global warming.

And I also hate to break this to you but tempature has gone up and down many times in the history of the earth. Today is alot warmer than a period of time we called an Ice Age. It's also cooler than it was during the middle ages.

It's my understanding of science that makes me question man-made global warming proclamations.

It's widely accepted in the scientific community that the earth is around 4.5 billion years old. 4.5 billion years ago, it a was a ball of molten metal and rock. It's cooled down an awful lot over it's entire lifespan.

We, as a human race, have discovered numerous underwater remnants of ancient civilizations. We know that they didn't live underwater. We also have a pretty good idea that they didn't have factories either. Yet, somehow, they ended up underwater. The Sahara desert used to be a lush rainforest. South America used to be attached to Africa. Numerous massive asteroids have hit the earth over the course of it's lifetime leading to worldwide destruction and mass extinction.

Most man-made global warming people go back a max of 100 years to show trends and such. Assuming the methods of measurement were even accurate 100 years ago, 100 years of monitoring is roughly 0.0000002% of the earth's life span. That duration would be roughly the same as 4.9 seconds of a 76 year old person's life.

Ignoring that, the sun basically determines how everything on earth happens. Solar flares and solar radiation can have drastic affects on earth. Beyond that, the universe is filled with a bunch of shit we don't understand, we can't detect and we can't see. So, we call it "dark" matter and energy. We don't have all the answers: not even close.

Man-made global warming could be true but i know there's no way of definitively proving it let alone being able to make a very strong argument for it that couldn't be as easily explained as "the cosmos/earth are both continuing to change just as they always have." Therefore, i see man-made global warming as nothing more than a scare tactic. There's plenty of good reasons to try to avoid polluting the planet: why not focus on those? Personally, i find the idea that we can project 100 years worth of measurements over the remaining life of the planet every bit as ridiculous as the idea that the earth is only 12,000 years old.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Nice cut and paste!

You're being duped.

Ha!

First comment fail.

Agenda 21 reference.. You watchin' for black helicopters to?

Ah so you want to pretend Agenda 21 doesn't exist. Let's ignore what the UN says about it.

Oh I can tell you wrote it alright,I wouldn't pat yourself on the back kid....it is self serving and silly.

But hey, thanks for being concerned about us poor pubs.

Nice cut and paste!

You're being duped.

That's no "cut and paste". I wrote that this morning while eating breakfast.

The dupes are the people who believe in these endless UN conspiracies and the imagined threat to "rights" they can't seem to identify.

Forum List

Back