Oh those WILD "Liberal" Theories!

The climate is warming. This is indisputable fact.

The East Coast of the United States has already seen sea level rises, and it will suffer the most as time passes. Sea level does not rise evenly across the globe. Some places experience more dramatic rises than others, and the US East Coast is one such place.

Will the use of fluorescent light bulbs slow the rising of the ocean or climate change? No. So mandating the use of fluorescent bulbs is stupid.

Will mandating the elimination of plastic grocery bags contribute to saving the planet? Hell no. The plastic grocery bag debate is humanity's low point. It just does not get any dumber than this. Those reusable grocery bags have about 185 times the environmental impact of one plastic bag.

There are people out there who flat out hate corporations. The AGW debate provides excellent cover for such people to get anti-corporate legislation into place that will do nothing to save the planet but will be very effective at damaging our economy.

The proper response to these tactics is not to deny climate change is happening. Then you just write yourself out of the conversation. You will look like an idiot, because you are an idiot if you deny climate change is happening.

A couple of years ago, on this very board, I was pointing out the increased snowfall and how many scientists connect it to "Planet Warming". Right Wingers blasted me with "if it's warming, then how could there be snow"? So I pointed out how the sun and evaporation work and how that vapor hit's the upper atmosphere and returns in the form of snow. And I was hit endlessly with "another WILD Liberal Theory".

The Northeast is being bombarded with 4 inches of snow. Never in US recorded history has this much snow arrived so early and on the heals of the largest, maybe not the fastest, but the largest hurricane ever recorded in this country.

Then there is are "economic policies". When "supply and demand" is explained, how many right wingers ON THIS VERY BOARD have made "fun" of the most basic foundational policy of modern US Capitalist Economic Policy?

Then there is the study of Geology, Plate Tectonics, and the history of the earth. Of course, if the earth is merely thousands of years old, then all that "study" doesn't really mean anything. Same with evolution and how disease jumps from species to species and how weather patterns effect pan epidemics.

------------------------------So What's The Point?----------------

I'm watching these "pundits" talking about how John Huntsman would have been a better candidate, since he has a proven record as having worked with Democrats (see Obama) and has positive approval ratings from his "accomplishments". But his problem was that he made fun of the Republicans Party and their "anti science" stance and their stance on "education".

Now we are entering the next term of the current president. The Republicans Party will never win another presidential election with these positions on science and education. They either "man up" and join the rest of the country or become the "new poor and ignorant". That's the choice. They need to come to the conclusion that many other people have come to that they can have two sets of beliefs, one based in the "real" world and their own private "spiritual and mystical" beliefs. But you can't let those beliefs hold you back.

The only way this nation can maintain it's slim lead is through science and technology. That requires education. The right wing is going to have to show some self control and not immediately scoff at science and technology because they seem to contradict their mystical beliefs.

They are going to have to stop dividing the country based on race. The Republican Party is 90% white. The crowds of overweight and old white people in Ohio were the most jarring. It seems Republicans believe they have beliefs and morals no one else has or shares. That will have to change.

Unless Republicans change, they will become a frustrated and more radical party with less and less power. It wasn't lost on America what that party did to the president for the last four years. It wasn't lost what that party tried to do by undermining democracy. 100% of blacks and 77% of Hispanics voting as a block? That shouldn't be. Both groups are simply more diverse than that, but the Republicans are so extreme, those groups found more common ground.

And, I'm making a Prediction right here. I suspect the leader that will emerge to lead the Republican Party will be Chris Christie. I may not believe his polices or even agree with them, but he is the only Republican that I believe can stand up to the Rushes and the Billos and the Annes and the Seans. Somebody is going to have to if that party is to move ahead.

You act like the Democrats just scored some crushing victory, when in fact:

* Obama barely squeaked by as his margin of victory was down by nearly 70% and he won two less states.
* The GOP easily kept control of the House.
* The GOP increased its hold on govenorships.
* And all this despite the fact that Obama brazenly lied about his record, about Romney's record, and had the unabashed, overt support of most of the major news networks.

And I take it you haven't heard of Climategate?

The Myth of Man-Made Global Warming

1. "Climate" neither warms nor cools. Check your dictionary.

2. Keep reminding yourself it is "indisputable." That relieves you from having to consider any additional information.

3. The only reliable measurement of global warming or cooling is ocean temperature: The Atlantic Ocean is warmer and the Pacific is cooler than usual. But don't let that interfere with your Indisputable Fact.

2. Keep reminding yourself it is "indisputable." That relieves you from having to consider any additional information.

3. The only reliable measurement of global warming or cooling is ocean temperature: The Atlantic Ocean is warmer and the Pacific is cooler than usual. But don't let that interfere with your Indisputable Fact.

Make sure you keep that blindfold you are wearing good and tight. You are going to need it.

Absolute nonsense!

If you had any idea of how industry works, you'd know that the vast majority of scientists work in heavy industry and that those who are academics have very close ties with heavy industry.

They have a vested interest in siding with industrialists, BUT they also have a deep sense of scientific honesty - which is why they overwhelmingly believe in human induced global warming.

Some people believe in a man in the sky too. Belief is poor science, which is why you fools look so foolish with this crap all the time.

Not only did you beat me to it, but you were more eloquent that I would have been. Kudos.

When Conservatives stop believing in word games and start believing in reality, they may start winning elections again!

I just warned you dipshits about sampling mistakes, and here you go parroting the meme about the Pacific Ocean cooling which is a classic example.

Once again, the long term trend is upward, but the deniers only sample a few years and call that evidence the ocean is cooling.

Learn something, dumbass, and read this: Does ocean cooling disprove global warming?

In climate discussions, the most common error is focusing on a single piece of the puzzle while ignoring the big picture. The ocean cooling meme commits this error twofold. Firstly, it scrutinises 6 years worth of data while ignoring the last 40 years of ocean warming. Secondly, it hangs its hat on one particular reconstruction that shows cooling, while other results and independent analyses indicate slight warming.

Last edited:
A couple of years ago, on this very board, I was pointing out the increased snowfall and how many scientists connect it to "Planet Warming". Right Wingers blasted me with "if it's warming, then how could there be snow"? So I pointed out how the sun and evaporation work and how that vapor hit's the upper atmosphere and returns in the form of snow. And I was hit endlessly with "another WILD Liberal Theory".

The Northeast is being bombarded with 4 inches of snow. Never in US recorded history has this much snow arrived so early and on the heals of the largest, maybe not the fastest, but the largest hurricane ever recorded in this country.

Then there is are "economic policies". When "supply and demand" is explained, how many right wingers ON THIS VERY BOARD have made "fun" of the most basic foundational policy of modern US Capitalist Economic Policy?

Then there is the study of Geology, Plate Tectonics, and the history of the earth. Of course, if the earth is merely thousands of years old, then all that "study" doesn't really mean anything. Same with evolution and how disease jumps from species to species and how weather patterns effect pan epidemics.

------------------------------So What's The Point?----------------

I'm watching these "pundits" talking about how John Huntsman would have been a better candidate, since he has a proven record as having worked with Democrats (see Obama) and has positive approval ratings from his "accomplishments". But his problem was that he made fun of the Republicans Party and their "anti science" stance and their stance on "education".

Now we are entering the next term of the current president. The Republicans Party will never win another presidential election with these positions on science and education. They either "man up" and join the rest of the country or become the "new poor and ignorant". That's the choice. They need to come to the conclusion that many other people have come to that they can have two sets of beliefs, one based in the "real" world and their own private "spiritual and mystical" beliefs. But you can't let those beliefs hold you back.

The only way this nation can maintain it's slim lead is through science and technology. That requires education. The right wing is going to have to show some self control and not immediately scoff at science and technology because they seem to contradict their mystical beliefs.

They are going to have to stop dividing the country based on race. The Republican Party is 90% white. The crowds of overweight and old white people in Ohio were the most jarring. It seems Republicans believe they have beliefs and morals no one else has or shares. That will have to change.

Unless Republicans change, they will become a frustrated and more radical party with less and less power. It wasn't lost on America what that party did to the president for the last four years. It wasn't lost what that party tried to do by undermining democracy. 100% of blacks and 77% of Hispanics voting as a block? That shouldn't be. Both groups are simply more diverse than that, but the Republicans are so extreme, those groups found more common ground.

And, I'm making a Prediction right here. I suspect the leader that will emerge to lead the Republican Party will be Chris Christie. I may not believe his polices or even agree with them, but he is the only Republican that I believe can stand up to the Rushes and the Billos and the Annes and the Seans. Somebody is going to have to if that party is to move ahead.

You act like the Democrats just scored some crushing victory, when in fact:

* Obama barely squeaked by as his margin of victory was down by nearly 70% and he won two less states.
* The GOP easily kept control of the House.
* The GOP increased its hold on govenorships.
* And all this despite the fact that Obama brazenly lied about his record, about Romney's record, and had the unabashed, overt support of most of the major news networks.

And I take it you haven't heard of Climategate?

The Myth of Man-Made Global Warming

Yes, we're aware of the concerted effort by Conservative POLITICAL groups to refute over 100 years of scientific studies by tens of thousands of honest scientists, by cherry picking a few inaccuracies and exaggerations from a small number of studies.

All because industrial capitalists do not want to modernize their ancient power plants.

Yes, we're aware of the concerted effort by Conservative POLITICAL groups to refute over 100 years of scientific studies by tens of thousands of honest scientists, by cherry picking a few inaccuracies and exaggerations from a small number of studies.

All because industrial capitalists do not want to modernize their ancient power plants.
The Goebbels warming scam is now 100 years old? :lol:

Quote:
In climate discussions, the most common error is focusing on a single piece of the puzzle while ignoring the big picture. The ocean cooling meme commits this error twofold. Firstly, it scrutinises 6 years worth of data while ignoring the last 40 years of ocean warming. Secondly, it hangs its hat on one particular reconstruction that shows cooling, while other results and independent analyses indicate slight warming.

Did you even read your own quote? (Hint: It refers to conflicting evidence regarding "slight" warming. But keep on preaching your "indisputable fact."

Quote:

Did you even read your own quote? (Hint: It refers to conflicting evidence regarding "slight" warming. But keep on preaching your "indisputable fact."

I see your limited intellect needs things explained to you with pictures.

107w22c.gif

Dipshits like yourself zero in on one section when the blue line went down for a while and proclaim, "It's cooling!"

Last edited:
Thanks for the picture, it relieves the need for deeper thought. I also appreciate the illuminative name calling. But I do have a question about your contradictory responses: Is ocean temperature a reliable indicator of global warming or is it not? Or does it depend on whether it supports your "indisputable" thesis?

The denialist cultists were also universally declaring the polls were wrong and Romney was heading for a big win.

Why did they botch it so badly? Because of their cherrypicking, ignorance of statistics, suckass logic, blindly believing their political masters, and thinking that wishing very hard for something to be true would make it true.

That's exactly how denialists also approach the global warming issue.

The Union of Concerned Scientists was founded in 1969 by faculty and students of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Scientists formed the organization to "initiate a critical and continuing examination of governmental policy in areas where science and technology are of actual or potential significance" and "devise means for turning research applications away from the present emphasis on military technology toward the solution of pressing environmental and social problems."

Thanks for the picture, it relieves the need for deeper thought. I also appreciate the illuminative name calling. But I do have a question about your contradictory responses: Is ocean temperature a reliable indicator of global warming or is it not? Or does it depend on whether it supports your "indisputable" thesis?

My responses have not been contradictory in the slightest. I told you that deniers like yourself zoom in on a small sampling to support their denial. I gave an analogy of going up three steps and down one step, with deniers using the one down step as evidence we are not higher than we were when we started.

You then did that very thing. You said the Pacific was cooling, which is a meme that was produced by using a very small sampling.

When looking at the much bigger picture, this tactic is exposed for the sheer bullshit it is.

The Doomsday Clock is a symbolic clock face, maintained since 1947 by the board of directors of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists at the University of Chicago. The closer the clock is to midnight, the closer the world is estimated to be to global disaster. The most recent officially announced setting — five minutes to midnight (11:55pm) — was made on 10 January 2012.[1] Reflecting international events dangerous to humankind, the clock's hands have been adjusted twenty times since its inception in 1947, when the clock was initially set to seven minutes to midnight (11:53pm).

Originally, the clock analogy represented the threat of global nuclear war; however, since 2007 it has also reflected climate-changing technologies and "new developments in the life sciences that could inflict irrevocable harm."

My responses have not been contradictory in the slightest. I told you that deniers like yourself zoom in on a small sampling to support their denial. I gave an analogy of going up three steps and down one step, with deniers using the one down step as evidence we are not higher than we were when we started.

You then did that very thing. You said the Pacific was cooling, which is a meme that was produced by using a very small sampling.

When looking at the much bigger picture, this tactic is exposed for the sheer bullshit it is.

But of course you didn't answer my question...

Our climate underwent several temperature shifts long before the Industrial Age.

I wonder if any of the climate-change alarmists here have ever allowed themselves to read scholarly studies that reject man-made global warming.

And I have yet to see a climate-change alarmist deal with the Hadley CRU e-mails. Contrary to Al Gore's myth-making, they were not "10 years old or older," and some of them still aren't "10 years old."

Yes they have read them and found them to be extremely flawed.

That would be the majority of the sceintific field who did that.

The denialist cultists were also universally declaring the polls were wrong and Romney was heading for a big win.

Why did they botch it so badly? Because of their cherrypicking, ignorance of statistics, suckass logic, blindly believing their political masters, and thinking that wishing very hard for something to be true would make it true.

That's exactly how denialists also approach the global warming issue.

Bad information in

Bad decisions out

Forum List

Back