Oh those WILD "Liberal" Theories!

R

rdean

A couple of years ago, on this very board, I was pointing out the increased snowfall and how many scientists connect it to "Planet Warming". Right Wingers blasted me with "if it's warming, then how could there be snow"? So I pointed out how the sun and evaporation work and how that vapor hit's the upper atmosphere and returns in the form of snow. And I was hit endlessly with "another WILD Liberal Theory".

The Northeast is being bombarded with 4 inches of snow. Never in US recorded history has this much snow arrived so early and on the heals of the largest, maybe not the fastest, but the largest hurricane ever recorded in this country.

Then there is are "economic policies". When "supply and demand" is explained, how many right wingers ON THIS VERY BOARD have made "fun" of the most basic foundational policy of modern US Capitalist Economic Policy?

Then there is the study of Geology, Plate Tectonics, and the history of the earth. Of course, if the earth is merely thousands of years old, then all that "study" doesn't really mean anything. Same with evolution and how disease jumps from species to species and how weather patterns effect pan epidemics.

------------------------------So What's The Point?----------------

I'm watching these "pundits" talking about how John Huntsman would have been a better candidate, since he has a proven record as having worked with Democrats (see Obama) and has positive approval ratings from his "accomplishments". But his problem was that he made fun of the Republicans Party and their "anti science" stance and their stance on "education".

Now we are entering the next term of the current president. The Republicans Party will never win another presidential election with these positions on science and education. They either "man up" and join the rest of the country or become the "new poor and ignorant". That's the choice. They need to come to the conclusion that many other people have come to that they can have two sets of beliefs, one based in the "real" world and their own private "spiritual and mystical" beliefs. But you can't let those beliefs hold you back.

The only way this nation can maintain it's slim lead is through science and technology. That requires education. The right wing is going to have to show some self control and not immediately scoff at science and technology because they seem to contradict their mystical beliefs.

They are going to have to stop dividing the country based on race. The Republican Party is 90% white. The crowds of overweight and old white people in Ohio were the most jarring. It seems Republicans believe they have beliefs and morals no one else has or shares. That will have to change.

Unless Republicans change, they will become a frustrated and more radical party with less and less power. It wasn't lost on America what that party did to the president for the last four years. It wasn't lost what that party tried to do by undermining democracy. 100% of blacks and 77% of Hispanics voting as a block? That shouldn't be. Both groups are simply more diverse than that, but the Republicans are so extreme, those groups found more common ground.

And, I'm making a Prediction right here. I suspect the leader that will emerge to lead the Republican Party will be Chris Christie. I may not believe his polices or even agree with them, but he is the only Republican that I believe can stand up to the Rushes and the Billos and the Annes and the Seans. Somebody is going to have to if that party is to move ahead.

Nice cut and paste!

The Global Warming scam is a way to get UN Agenda 21 laws in place in the US which will shut down industry and remove individual property rights.

You're being duped.

Nice cut and paste!

The Global Warming scam is a way to get UN Agenda 21 laws in place in the US which will shut down industry and remove individual property rights.

You're being duped.

That's no "cut and paste". I wrote that this morning while eating breakfast.

The dupes are the people who believe in these endless UN conspiracies and the imagined threat to "rights" they can't seem to identify.

We should stop dividing the country based on race and embrace our inner Mogadishu.

A couple of years ago, on this very board, I was pointing out the increased snowfall and how many scientists connect it to "Planet Warming".

Meh, so now we have gone from Global Warming to Climate Change and back to Planet Warming. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this planet has been COOLING over the past decade. I am in favor of REASONABLE pollution controls, but the Left is more interested in POLITICAL control through its special interest subsidiaries like the Union of Concerned Scientists. Do you ever wonder who funds the "research" done by these groups? Do you think their funding would continue if they came up with the "wrong" conclusions?

I have to laugh when academic qualifications are added to the debate, since most academics come from humble backgrounds and, having little personal knowledge or experience, swallow whatever they have been taught and latch onto degrees and credentials as their intellectual lifelines.

Lol the right winger responses on here are giving me and my friends acgreat laugh. Please keep it coming

A couple of years ago, on this very board, I was pointing out the increased snowfall and how many scientists connect it to "Planet Warming".

Meh, so now we have gone from Global Warming to Climate Change and back to Planet Warming. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this planet has been COOLING over the past decade. I am in favor of REASONABLE pollution controls, but the Left is more interested in POLITICAL control through its special interest subsidiaries like the Union of Concerned Scientists. Do you ever wonder who funds the "research" done by these groups? Do you think their funding would continue if they came up with the "wrong" conclusions?

I have to laugh when academic qualifications are added to the debate, since most academics come from humble backgrounds and, having little personal knowledge or experience, swallow whatever they have been taught and latch onto degrees and credentials as their intellectual lifelines.

Absolute nonsense!

If you had any idea of how industry works, you'd know that the vast majority of scientists work in heavy industry and that those who are academics have very close ties with heavy industry.

They have a vested interest in siding with industrialists, BUT they also have a deep sense of scientific honesty - which is why they overwhelmingly believe in human induced global warming.

Absolute nonsense!

If you had any idea of how industry works, you'd know that the vast majority of scientists work in heavy industry and that those who are academics have very close ties with heavy industry.

They have a vested interest in siding with industrialists, BUT they also have a deep sense of scientific honesty - which is why they overwhelmingly believe in human induced global warming.

Some people believe in a man in the sky too. Belief is poor science, which is why you fools look so foolish with this crap all the time.

Absolute nonsense!

If you had any idea of how industry works, you'd know that the vast majority of scientists work in heavy industry

How many of them belong to the Union of Concerned Scientists?

I fully believe that Fox news will change its tact.

It the most precious thing the right power people hold right now.

they used it to create this mess in their ranks and now will use it to bring their ship arround enough to win again.

Look for some big changes at Fox News in the new year

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the meme about the planet cooling for the past decade is a trick.

If you walked up three steps, and then down one step, what would you think of the intelligence of someone who said we are not higher than when we started because we went down one step?

There is exactly such a pattern in world temperatures. You can carefully frame single decades to make it look like things are cooling, but when you pull back you can see that each decade is warmer than the previous decade.

There is a definite upward long term trend.

How to identify a scam:

If it snows, it's global warming.
If there's no snow, it's global warming.
If it rains, it's global warming.
If it's a drought, global warming.
Is it hot? Global warming.
Is it cold? Global Warming.
Are there storms? Global Warming.

You get the picture.

Absolute nonsense!

Some people believe in a man in the sky too. Belief is poor science, which is why you fools look so foolish with this crap all the time.

Not only did you beat me to it, but you were more eloquent that I would have been. Kudos.

Forum List

Back