Oh, They're Calling For Changes To Police Dept's, Are They ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
In Sacramento, CA, black activists led by Al Sharpton, are calling for changes to be made in police departments, all across the country. Well OK. I'm all in favor of changing things to make them work better. Here's a few of my suggestions, for police department changes >>>

1. Mandatory arrests of protestors blocking traffic (In cities with Democrat mayors, protestors have been allowed to block traffic without arrests)

2. No stand downs of police in protestor confrontations (as in Baltimore, MD)

3. Mandatory police/citizen interaction classes in public schools, given by police.

4. Issuance of automatic rifles for use against gangs and violent crowds (Tanks and other military equipment too)

5. More funding for hiring more cops.

6. More funding for police investigations, leading to arrests of people shown committing crimes on video (Ex. guy lighting a fire in a convenience store during the Ferguson riot + vandalism and looting)

In Sacramento, CA, black activists led by Al Sharpton, are calling for changes to be made in police departments, all across the country. Well OK. I'm all in favor of changing things to make them work better. Here's a few of my suggestions, for police department changes >>>

1. Mandatory arrests of protestors blocking traffic (In cities with Democrat mayors, protestors have been allowed to block traffic without arrests)

3. Mandatory police/citizen interaction classes in public schools, given by police.

4. Issuance of automatic rifles for use against gangs and violent crowds (Tanks and other military equipment too)

6. More funding for police investigations, leading to arrests of people shown committing crimes on video (Ex. guy lighting a fire in a convenience store during the Ferguson riot + vandalism and looting)
Mandatory police/citizen interaction classes in public schools, given by police.
Not a bad idea. Start very young.

Mandatory police/citizen interaction classes in public schools, given by police.
This would finally get them to know they must keep their HANDS VISIBLE & EMPTY.

As long as liberals control schools, kids will never know this. Unfortunately, liberals are not too swift on the subject of guns & law enforcement.

This would help to prevent riots too.

...the root-base-start-etc of the problem is people committing crimes...the cops usually [ 99.99999% ] do not just go pick innocent people to kill...they are called for assistance
...OMFG--the blacks are committing crime way out of proportion to their population, and people say the POLICE are the problem???!!!

if they didn't commit the crime, the police would not be there
...these JACKASSES are racist for not even thinking about blaming the black CRIMINAL or even admitting the blacks have a problem with committing crime
facts--facts--facts

What they need to do is raise the qualifications to be a cop in the first place. Then they need to train the hell out of them. The problem is the top brass of the departments think that guns are evil, and thus they don't train their officers in how they are to be used properly. A well trained cop doesn't pull his gun out until it is needed. These idiots pull their weapon and try to use it to intimidate the person they are interacting with. That is stupid. And it is also dangerous.

This would finally get them to know they must keep their HANDS VISIBLE & EMPTY.

As long as liberals control schools, kids will never know this. Unfortunately, liberals are not too swift on the subject of guns & law enforcement.

This would help to prevent riots too.
There are many communities taking this approach, although not all are doing it through the schools. It is called community policing.

What they need to do is raise the qualifications to be a cop in the first place. Then they need to train the hell out of them. The problem is the top brass of the departments think that guns are evil, and thus they don't train their officers in how they are to be used properly. A well trained cop doesn't pull his gun out until it is needed. These idiots pull their weapon and try to use it to intimidate the person they are interacting with. That is stupid. And it is also dangerous.
I see it very differently. Put yourself in the shoes of the cop for a moment. In an instant (1/2 second) you could be dead. If the suspect's hands are not visible to you, you're in immense danger.

If he pulls a gun out of a jacket, or car window, or back pocket, it takes just a half second for him to whip it out and fire. Unless you're willing to gamble with your life (you shouldn't), you have to self-defensively shoot him, if his hands are not visible (or if he is holding something not clearly visible).

This is the stuff, that "our" liberal educational system doesn't teach, which is why we need cops to teach it.

I see it very differently. Put yourself in the shoes of the cop for a moment. In an instant (1/2 second) you could be dead. If the suspect's hands are not visible to you, you're in immense danger.

If he pulls a gun out of a jacket, or car window, or back pocket, it takes just a half second for him to whip it out and fire. Unless you're willing to gamble with your life (you shouldn't), you have to self-defensively shoot him, if his hands are not visible (or if he is holding something not clearly visible).

This is the stuff, that "our" liberal educational system doesn't teach, which is why we need cops to teach it.

Yes, it is all down to training. There is a very, very old term.."you fight the way you train". If you don't train well, you don't fight well. It's as simple as that. I am a competitive shooter, so I compete against a lot of cops, I beat them all. I am way older than they are, but I have way more training than they do too. A well trained cop, and yes they are out there, is aware of what is happening at all times, their situational awareness is extremely good, thus they don't put themselves in positions where they can be surprised.

Yes, it is all down to training. There is a very, very old term.."you fight the way you train". If you don't train well, you don't fight well. It's as simple as that. I am a competitive shooter, so I compete against a lot of cops, I beat them all. I am way older than they are, but I have way more training than they do too. A well trained cop, and yes they are out there, is aware of what is happening at all times, their situational awareness is extremely good, thus they don't put themselves in positions where they can be surprised.
Cops can't avoid being in situations where they could be shot. Suspects are often stupid and ignorant of cops' need to shoot if hands are not visible. Community people also are ignorant of this, and thus react badly when cops shoot by necessity (ex. Betty Shelby & Terranc Crutcher)

It comes down to training THE PUBLIC in how to interact with cops.

Cops can't avoid being in situations where they could be shot. Suspects are often stupid and ignorant of cops' need to shoot if hands are not visible. Community people also are ignorant of this, and thus react badly when cops shoot by necessity (ex. Betty Shelby & Terranc Crutcher)

There are 900,000 or so cops. And there are 330,000,000 people. Which do think is more likely to get trained? Use your head dude, I mean get real...

There are 900,000 or so cops. And there are 330,000,000 people. Which do think is more likely to get trained? Use your head dude, I mean get real...
There is nothing to train cops about. It's the PUBLIC that needs the training. The cops know what to do. The public doesn't.

And I'm not talking about "likely". I'm talking about what is needed.

I thought repugnicants were against police states?

There is nothing to train cops about. It's the PUBLIC that needs the training. The cops know what to do. The public doesn't.

Bullshit. Why do you think the cops of old didn't kill as many innocents as they do now? Hmmm? Because the standards to be a cop were very high, and they KNEW how to use their weapons properly. Now, thirty and forty years after that crop of cops has been retired, and the lowering of standards demanded by the various civil rights groups, and we have arrived where we are, a bunch of people who are not suitable to be cops, who get little training in the handling of weapons, and who are continuously told how dangerous the world is.

In other words you have manufactured a breeding ground of terrified, poorly trained, and out of their depth cops, who shoot first and ask questions later.

Bullshit. Cops used to know that they were supposed to protect people, including the people they intersct with daily. Even criminals. If they cannot accept that danger is a part of the job and stop shooting first and avoiding questions if possible then they need a different job. We will be better off with less cops over all than more trigger happy cowards.

Screw you & your fascist police state! The police have very safe jobs. They suck at there jobs because they are incorrectly trained.

Bullshit. Why do you think the cops of old didn't kill as many innocents as they do now? Hmmm? Because the standards to be a cop were very high, and they KNEW how to use their weapons properly. Now, thirty and forty years after that crop of cops has been retired, and the lowering of standards demanded by the various civil rights groups, and we have arrived where we are, a bunch of people who are not suitable to be cops, who get little training in the handling of weapons, and who are continuously told how dangerous the world is.

In other words you have manufactured a breeding ground of terrified, poorly trained, and out of their depth cops, who shoot first and ask questions later.
FALSE, dumb, ignorant, hardly worth responding to. :rolleyes: Who's next ?

Bullshit. Cops used to know that they were supposed to protect people, including the people they intersct with daily. Even criminals. If they cannot accept that danger is a part of the job and stop shooting first and avoiding questions if possible then they need a different job. We will be better off with less cops over all than more trigger happy cowards.
Let's see you put on the uniform, go after a bad guy with a gun, and see how fast you shoot, when his hands disappear from your eyes.

You don't ? Oh well. You're dead. I'll send flowers.

Let's see you put on the uniform, go after a bad guy with a gun, and see how fast you shoot, when his hands disappear from your eyes.

You don't ? Oh well. You're dead. I'll send flowers.
You are far overdramatizing.

Plus, you don't know me and have no idea what I've faced in my life.

Most states set POST (Peace Officer Standardized Training) requirements at ~800 hours. This does not take into account mandatory probationary OJT and recurring training throughout the officer's career. San Diego PD, for example, has a 6 month academy 9 hrs/d 5d/wk. I don't know what more the public expects in way of training.

Forum List

Back