Oh, The Irony. Obama Looking Into High Gas Prices Finally

We know that is not supply and demand causing gas prices to go through the roof. We KNOW speculation is at the root of the high prices. We also know that there is little that can be done without regulating the market. How is THAT best done?

Spoken like a true Marxist.

Oh for pity sake...:rolleyes:

Seriously? True or false, speculation is causing gas prices to spike?

I think you have a reading comprehension problem.

Well you may want to point out the flaws in the logic..as opposed to insults.

I know it's hard..but give it a whirl.

Well, since I said pretty much said the same thing only using slightly different words, except for the making more profit thing. If you look at the percentages oil companies don't make as much profit as chewing gum producers.

I just think you feel argumentative.

No..actually you didn't. What exactly do you think speculation involves? In a nutshell it involves creating a condition that maximizes profit. It's a gamed system that basically creates an un-natural economic condition. Additionally..oil companies have huge lobbys in Washington. Yeah..they follow the rules..why? Because essentially these are the rules they made. That whole oil disaster in the gulf is a prime example. They had no disaster recovery plan. They haven't spent any money updating it. In fact their disaster recovery plan was copied verbatim company to company. The plan itself lists Walruses as an animal in the gulf region.

Really?

Well you may want to point out the flaws in the logic..as opposed to insults.

I know it's hard..but give it a whirl.

Well, since I said pretty much said the same thing only using slightly different words, except for the making more profit thing. If you look at the percentages oil companies don't make as much profit as chewing gum producers.

No..actually you didn't. What exactly do you think speculation involves? In a nutshell it involves creating a condition that maximizes profit. It's a gamed system that basically creates an un-natural economic condition. Additionally..oil companies have huge lobbys in Washington. Yeah..they follow the rules..why? Because essentially these are the rules they made. That whole oil disaster in the gulf is a prime example. They had no disaster recovery plan. They haven't spent any money updating it. In fact their disaster recovery plan was copied verbatim company to company. The plan itself lists Walruses as an animal in the gulf region.

Really?

Speculation is just people in a free society taking advantage of the system, which I'm sure you think is evil.

It wouldn't be such a problem in this case if it weren't for Obama and his cronies setting the current environment up intentionally.

We have him on record telegraphing it. We have several of his underlings in his Administration saying the same thing.

Massive debt, a shrinking dollar, a lack of energy independence, turmoil in the Middle East, a failure by the Administration to deal with any of it. So, now we have gas prices heading toward European levels.

Oh, his energy sec said that's what he wanted. Obama’s Energy Sec. wants $7 to $9 Unleaded gas prices | RedState

Really?

Speculation is just people in a free society taking advantage of the system, which I'm sure you think is evil.

It wouldn't be such a problem in this case if it weren't for Obama and his cronies setting the current environment up intentionally.

We have him on record telegraphing it. We have several of his underlings in his Administration saying the same thing.

Massive debt, a shrinking dollar, a lack of energy independence, turmoil in the Middle East, a failure by the Administration to deal with any of it. So, now we have gas prices heading toward European levels.

Oh, his energy sec said that's what he wanted. Obama’s Energy Sec. wants $7 to $9 Unleaded gas prices | RedState

:lol:

Aside from the minor price gouging that some gasstations might attempt, there isn't jackshit that Obama or any other POL can really do about the speculation that appears to be driving up the price on oil.

Blaming this or any other POTUS for high oil prices, or praising him when the prices come down is just some seriously ignorant partisan nonsense.

We know that is not supply and demand causing gas prices to go through the roof. We KNOW speculation is at the root of the high prices. We also know that there is little that can be done without regulating the market. How is THAT best done?

Spoken like a true Marxist.

Oh for pity sake...:rolleyes:

Seriously? True or false, speculation is causing gas prices to spike?

No. Other factors. Since our dollar is shrinking and we don't control our own oil, much less anyone else's, we are paying more.

Speculation at best causes the price to go up maybe 30 cents. We've seen an increase of more then $2 in some areas of the country.

If it was purely speculation everyone would be paying the same exact price in every town, in every state, in every country.

Last edited:

Really?

:lol:

You're pretty selective in what you pay attention to, aren't you??

I just blew your socks out of the water and all you paid attention to my speculation comment.

No wonder it's so easy to pull the wool over your eyes.

Aside from the minor price gouging that some gasstations might attempt, there isn't jackshit that Obama or any other POL can really do about the speculation that appears to be driving up the price on oil.

Blaming this or any other POTUS for high oil prices, or praising him when the prices come down is just some seriously ignorant partisan nonsense.

Individual stations might try and gouge... and they need to be taken care of somewhere below the fucking fed red tape machine

But the oil/gas distribution companies do have to look at the future for prices... for you are not paying for the gas that is already in the storage tank waiting to be pumped, they are (and by nature you are) paying ofr the cost to replace that gas in future orders...

What Obama is to blame for in this is not allowing things domestically which can appease the nervous speculation market... not bowing to Brazil stating that we will be their 'best customer' while Soros dances his jig of glee

Oh good, the White House is on it.

They're thinking positive:

March 17, 2011
Obama Energy Administrator Says Gas Prices Will Remain High For Rest of Year

Pump prices will average $3.70 per gallon this summer and $3.56 cents per gallon through the entire year
Obama loves high gas prices - Bing Images

What???

No chance they'll come down???

I guess they didn't say anything about them not going up even more. They're already hitting $5 dollars in Washington DC.
Not to worry, Obama is gonna' pay their gas right? :lol:

OPEC controls production of what, 40% of the worlds oil? I know they meet regularly to set the price per barrel. The problem now is that Saudi Arabia, which had been buying our Treasuries for the last 40 years, see what the Federal Reserve is doing to their investment through dollar devaluation and now they want to slash production and drive up oil prices.

Here's the thing. Apparently we have enough oil in the United States that we wouldn't need to import any. And when gas prices reach 6-8 dollars a gallon, we're gonna' start drilling again. But we won't see gas prices fall one cent. We will still pay 6-8 dollars a gallon.

Obama knows this but is putting on a show for the masses. We already know what he's gonna' say anyway. Pick one:

1. America is addicted to Oil.
2. America uses too much energy.
3. We need Carbon Taxes to lower emissions.
4. Americans need to live with less.
5. The Government needs to implement austerity measures (taxes)
6. Americans need to buy electric cars. (with no thought to what powers them)

Oh good, the White House is on it.

They're thinking positive:

March 17, 2011
Obama Energy Administrator Says Gas Prices Will Remain High For Rest of Year

Pump prices will average $3.70 per gallon this summer and $3.56 cents per gallon through the entire year
Obama loves high gas prices - Bing Images

What???

No chance they'll come down???

I guess they didn't say anything about them not going up even more. They're already hitting $5 dollars in Washington DC.
Not to worry, Obama is gonna' pay their gas right? :lol:

OPEC controls production of what, 40% of the worlds oil? I know they meet regularly to set the price per barrel. The problem now is that Saudi Arabia, which had been buying our Treasuries for the last 40 years, see what the Federal Reserve is doing to their investment through dollar devaluation and now they want to slash production and drive up oil prices.

Here's the thing. Apparently we have enough oil in the United States that we wouldn't need to import any. And when gas prices reach 6-8 dollars a gallon, we're gonna' start drilling again. But we won't see gas prices fall one cent. We will still pay 6-8 dollars a gallon.

Obama knows this but is putting on a show for the masses. We already know what he's gonna' say anyway. Pick one:

1. America is addicted to Oil.
2. America uses too much energy.
3. We need Carbon Taxes to lower emissions.
4. Americans need to live with less.
5. The Government needs to implement austerity measures (taxes)
6. Americans need to buy electric cars. (with no thought to what powers them)

ONE???

How bout all of the above.

Hey, to these folks if it makes sense it must be true......but only if it's coming from trusted sources.....LIKE OBAMA.:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Here's a question for those willing to listen to reason:

If oil prices are based on the U.S. Dollar and the price of oil goes up what does that say about the value of the U.S. Dollar?

We don't control oil prices, but Obama wants to use the DOJ to go after American speculators.

Talk about a waste of taxpayer dollars.

We need to get Bernanke to stop printing Money.
The more he prints the less the value of our dollar.

American doesn't use too much energy. Our energy usage per GDP is the lowest it's ever been.
We're actually quite efficient.

We may use 25% of the world's oil, but we contribute 25% of the world's GDP.
Yes there is a correlation.

Electric vehicles? LOL
Natural Gas vehicles? That's the ticket.

A bounty on speculators would be a good start.

FAFDMArsenal2.jpg

If he were truly serious, he would look no farther than:

4304380568_3089cccc08.jpg

We need to get Bernanke to stop printing Money.
The more he prints the less the value of our dollar.

That effects us here, but our dollars are losing their value in comparison to other country's currency.

That is the real problem.

It all has to do with if our country is respected, as good as their word, and a bunch of other factors including debt.

Our dollar losing value PLUS the huge amount we have amassed for no beneficial result (in real economic terms - not the corrupt cronyism version) are causing inflation among a wide variety of commodities, not just oil.

highway_robbery_gas_prices_mousepad-p1442309202055988777pdd_500.jpg

I almost busted out loud laughing about the irony of this statement from Obama:

RENO, Nev. (AP) - President Barack Obama said Thursday that the Justice Department will try to "root out" cases of fraud or manipulation in oil markets, even as Attorney General Eric Holder suggested a variety of legal reasons may be behind gasoline's surge to $4 a gallon.

ca2.PNG

"We are going to make sure that no one is taking advantage of the American people for their own short-term gain," Obama said at a town-hall style meeting at a renewable energy plant in Reno. Obama says new task force will examine gas prices

Course the funny thing about it is the White House is who's taking advantage of this for the long haul. He's been talking about the advantages of higher prices. Now he's really going to do something about it.

As usual the focus will be on rich speculators and traders, so Obama is taking advantage of this and eventually he'll be talking his usual class-warfare crap.

20080707.jpg

I guess I don't understand. I thought "business people" were "Gawds" who "trickle down" on us common folk. That government should stay out of the market. And now Republicans are crying to big government to protect them for "big, bad companies"? You can't have it both ways. It's almost like right wingers screaming, "Keep government hands OFF my Medicare", as if they would ever say that. Yea, as if.

If he were truly serious, he would look no farther than:

4304380568_3089cccc08.jpg

He has his mind-set. He's gonna go after the evil rich like he did in Wall Street and everywhere else.

He's been warned by economists since before he was elected and started spending us further and further into debt. Now he wants to play dumb and act like he can get away with going after "SPECULATORS".

These libs will fall for it over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

How dumb can they be.....and still value intelligence.

For a group that holds education and intelligence in such high regard (they talk about it constantly) they continue to prove they're dumb as a stump.

Last edited:
Our dollar losing value PLUS the huge amount we have amassed for no beneficial result (in real economic terms - not the corrupt cronyism version) are causing inflation among a wide variety of commodities, not just oil.

Been really noticing it since last December in my food bills, even before the price of oil started to shoot up.

Forum List

Back