Oh, the Irony cracks me up

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
rethinking MSNBC partnership

But both sides appear disillusioned with a marriage that was supposed to revolutionize news on TV and the Internet. Instead, MSNBC has become a distant third in the cable news race.

"This relationship never worked out the way it was supposed to. MSNBC is a non-starter," said Porter Bibb, a managing partner at Mediatech Capital Partners.

Microsoft is said to be fuming over "the huge license fee" it must pay to G.E.-owned NBC Universal, an insider said. :read: :laugh:

NBC, in turn, is said to want to drop the letters MS from the net's name.

Good God - I remember the promos that MSNBC ran in anticipation of Donahue's "new" show. "Mrs. Marlo" actually looked into the camera and said "I think BOTH sides should be heard, don't you?" Only a liberal could fail to grasp the exquisite absurdity of that statement.

At about this time, I was catching "Imus in the Morning" now and then. It was televised on, I believe, CSPAN. Don Imus summed up the situation perfectly: "Donahue's show worked in the days before cable TV, when there wasn't any competition. It won't work now".

musicman said:
Good God - I remember the promos that MSNBC ran in anticipation of Donahue's "new" show. "Mrs. Marlo" actually looked into the camera and said "I think BOTH sides should be heard, don't you?" Only a liberal could fail to grasp the exquisite absurdity of that statement.

At about this time, I was catching "Imus in the Morning" now and then. It was televised on, I believe, CSPAN. Don Imus summed up the situation perfectly: "Donahue's show worked in the days before cable TV, when there wasn't any competition. It won't work now".

IMUS was on MSNBC in the mornings. I don't think he is anymore. He has faded into oblivion as of late. Anybody know what he said that pissed off his media friends?

Predicting (correctly) that Donahue's show would flop probably didn't endear him to MSNBC.

Forum List

Back