OH talk about a Flip Flopper . Obama stance on healthcare in 2008

One term wonder, most will wonder how he f@@ked-up so much in such a short time.....:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Last edited:
Obama certainly criticized the individual mandate that Clinton proposed, but I can't find anywhere where he said that he opposed the idea of a mandate categorically or where he pledged not to impose one. He said that he wanted to make health insurance cheaper for families (which ACA does) and he didn't want to fine people who couldn't afford health insurance for not having health insurance (which ACA does not). Obama's position on mandates certainly shifted, but I wouldn't say that it flipped.

"If Congress can employ money indefinitely to the general welfare, and are the sole and supreme judges of the general welfare, they may take the care of religion into their own hands; they may appoint teachers in every State, county and parish and pay them out of their public treasury; they may take into their own hands the education of children, establishing in like manner schools throughout the Union; they may assume the provision of the poor; they may undertake the regulation of all roads other than post-roads; in short, every thing, from the highest object of state legislation down to the most minute object of police, would be thrown under the power of Congress. Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America."
-- James Madison, Letter to Edmund Pendleton, 1792

Obama certainly criticized the individual mandate that Clinton proposed, but I can't find anywhere where he said that he opposed the idea of a mandate categorically or where he pledged not to impose one. He said that he wanted to make health insurance cheaper for families (which ACA does) and he didn't want to fine people who couldn't afford health insurance for not having health insurance (which ACA does not). Obama's position on mandates certainly shifted, but I wouldn't say that it flipped.

Please point out where ACA reduces the cost of health insurance for families.

All over the place, dupe. Read something.

See Romneycare, same thing, cost rises now down to 2%, 70% approval with a bullet...

Last edited:

Their Claim is it will eventually. It's Pure Bunk, Any Relief Found from less Free Riders will be eaten up by the Growing Cost of Care, and the Fact the Bill does Absolutely Nothing to address that Fact.

She cant and wont. But you can expect some really good spin.

See Romneycare, same thing, cost rises now down to 2%, 70% approval with a bullet...

You can't find anything that will show ObamaTax lowering anyone's insurance costs. If you could, you would. And if you really think that the healthcare system in Massachusetts is great, then you should be supporting Mitt Romney. It would seem that what you consider to be one of Obama's great achievements is to copy someone else. And I'll go read something when you learn the English language.

You can't find anything that will show ObamaTax lowering anyone's insurance costs. If you could, you would. And if you really think that the healthcare system in Massachusetts is great, then you should be supporting Mitt Romney. It would seem that what you consider to be one of Obama's great achievements is to copy someone else. And I'll go read something when you learn the English language.

Idiocy LOL It was a compromise to start with, a Pub plan- but they were against anything.

Romneycare for ALL! Has slowed cost rises to 2% in Mass...Of course you don't know about the costs coming down with it- You're brainwashed morons at this point. Try Wiki, I'm not your mother...oh wait, that's COMMUNIST!

Romneycare a great success, none of the PUB doom and gloom.

Frontline said cost rises are now 2%, easily the lowest in the USA. So change the channel...

"For this reason he also provided for subsidies for individuals living below three times the federal poverty line to make insurance affordable. This “three-legged stool”—banning discrimination in insurance markets, mandating that individuals purchase insurance, and providing low-income subsidies for insurance purchase—became the basis for both our reform in Massachusetts and for the Affordable Care Act (ACA).

The enormous success of health-care reform in the almost six years since its passage in Massachusetts can make us more confident that this three-legged stool will work for the nation as a whole. We have covered about two-thirds of uninsured Massachusetts residents, and have lowered the premiums in the non-group market by half relative to national premium trends. And we have done so with broad public support. Moreover, this reform succeeded without interfering with the employer-sponsored insurance market that works for most of our residents: employer-sponsored insurance coverage has actually risen in Massachusetts, while falling sharply nationally, and the premiums for employer-sponsored insurance rose no faster in Massachusetts than they did nationally.This was all possible because the individual mandate ended the “death spiral” of trying to obtain fairly priced insurance by just forcing insurers to charge everyone the same price. The bottom line is that we can’t have fairly priced insurance for the healthy and sick alike without the broad participation that is guaranteed by the mandate. The mandate is the spinach we have to eat to get the dessert that is fairly priced insurance coverage.

Actually, RomneyCare is an enormous success « Hot Air HeadlinesMar 27, 2012 ... Actually, RomneyCare is an enormous success. Into this chasm stepped the hero of our story, Governor Mitt Romney, and his plan for ...http://www.factcheck.org/2011/03/rom...nd-falsehoods/ -

Cachedromneycare success - Google Search

Last edited:
Romneycare a great success, none of the PUB doom and gloom.

Frontline said cost rises are now 2%, easily the lowest in the USA. So change the channel...

"For this reason he also provided for subsidies for individuals living below three times the federal poverty line to make insurance affordable. This “three-legged stool”—banning discrimination in insurance markets, mandating that individuals purchase insurance, and providing low-income subsidies for insurance purchase—became the basis for both our reform in Massachusetts and for the Affordable Care Act (ACA).

The enormous success of health-care reform in the almost six years since its passage in Massachusetts can make us more confident that this three-legged stool will work for the nation as a whole. We have covered about two-thirds of uninsured Massachusetts residents, and have lowered the premiums in the non-group market by half relative to national premium trends. And we have done so with broad public support. Moreover, this reform succeeded without interfering with the employer-sponsored insurance market that works for most of our residents: employer-sponsored insurance coverage has actually risen in Massachusetts, while falling sharply nationally, and the premiums for employer-sponsored insurance rose no faster in Massachusetts than they did nationally.This was all possible because the individual mandate ended the “death spiral” of trying to obtain fairly priced insurance by just forcing insurers to charge everyone the same price. The bottom line is that we can’t have fairly priced insurance for the healthy and sick alike without the broad participation that is guaranteed by the mandate. The mandate is the spinach we have to eat to get the dessert that is fairly priced insurance coverage.

Actually, RomneyCare is an enormous success « Hot Air HeadlinesMar 27, 2012 ... Actually, RomneyCare is an enormous success. Into this chasm stepped the hero of our story, Governor Mitt Romney, and his plan for ...http://www.factcheck.org/2011/03/rom...nd-falsehoods/ -

Cachedromneycare success - Google Search

LOL. Only to Democrats is an smaller increase considered a reduction in cost. Go do your own homework and you'll find that insurance costs hvae continued to rise in Massachusetts and the wait to see a Dr. has increased as well. And as I said, if you love this healthcare plan, then you should really vote for Romney. Why settle for the cheap imitation that can only copy others?

Let's take a look at Wikipedia (all of the points I reference have good citations): Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some provisions certainly could lower health care costs. For example, the increased spending on NIH research will presumably eventually lead someone to find a cheaper way of performing some medical procedure. Less speculatively:

- Requiring insurers to cover someone without regard to a preexisting condition will lower the cost of coverage for families with preexisting conditions.

- Medicaid expansion will provide care to families within a certain income range.

- Federal subsidies will lower the cost to families (or very small businesses) who purchase health insurance through an exchange.

- "Donut hole" eliminated, lowering costs for families with a member that falls into the hole.

- Prohibition on dollar limits of insurance coverage, lowering costs for families who would otherwise have to pay for further coverage themselves.

- Young adults may obtain coverage through their parents' insurance, lowering costs for families with young adults who can't get better insurance elsewhere.

- Prohibition against dropping policyholders when they get sick, lowering costs for families with serious illnesses.

- Medicare expansion to rural hospitals, lowering costs for rural families with Medicare-eligible members.

This list is not meant to be exhaustive. It seems clear to me that many families will be able to obtain medical care more cheaply because of these provisions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back