Oh Snap

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Kazmania
Reference for you fellow Earl fans...

So in North Carolina, the Federal government is advertising endlessly for people to apply for welfare. The new name of AFDC is SNAP for those who don't know it. They encourage you to apply even if you have a house, car and job. Wow, the left just pushing dependency. The program should be called Operation Democratic Voter Registration. Get em hooked then tell them the evil Republicans are going to take it away. You know, like they do with Social Security. How sick is that?

So in North Carolina, the Federal government is advertising endlessly for people to apply for welfare. The new name of AFDC is SNAP for those who don't know it. They encourage you to apply even if you have a house, car and job. Wow, the left just pushing dependency. The program should be called Operation Democratic Voter Registration. Get em hooked then tell them the evil Republicans are going to take it away. You know, like they do with Social Security. How sick is that?

link?

link?

I live in North Carolina and I hear the ads all the time. That was the basis for my post. They advertise over and over all day long. If you want to read about it, I'm sure you could Google it as easily as I can.

republicans give and have increased welfare, so you are shooting at the moon on this one.

Sadly true, hopefully the Tea Party will change that. However, it's the Democrats who will play it as a political threat ... as they do social security constantly.

In fairness, Obama has not only been the food stamp President by pushing food stamps, but he's worked tirelessly to create the need for food stamps as well...

link?

I live in North Carolina and I hear the ads all the time. That was the basis for my post. They advertise over and over all day long. If you want to read about it, I'm sure you could Google it as easily as I can.

The burden of evidence is on the claimant.

I, too, am intested in seeing evidence they are encouraging people to apply for welfare even if they have a house, a car, and a job.

republicans give and have increased welfare, so you are shooting at the moon on this one.

Sadly true, hopefully the Tea Party will change that. However, it's the Democrats who will play it as a political threat ... as they do social security constantly.

In fairness, Obama has not only been the food stamp President by pushing food stamps, but he's worked tirelessly to create the need for food stamps as well...

Are they still around?

NC DSS: Food and Nutrition Services

This limited eligibility requirement for ABAWDs does not apply if the adult:

•Works at least 20 hours a week (or 80 hours a month), or is engaging in a variety of allowable work-related activities for the same amount of time [such as Employment and Training, Workforce Investment Act (WIA), community college, etc.],

So if you work 20 hours a week or more, you are NOT eligible.

link?

you should play by the same rules we want the libtards to play by... if you make a claim, link to back it up. If not, it's worthless.

I, too, am intested in seeing evidence they are encouraging people to apply for welfare even if they have a house, a car, and a job.

Sort of standing on the sea shore demanding a fish? Wow, you are lazy. I'm with you when a claim is not just basic information. But seriously, anything you can Google? I'd be embarrassed if I were you. But, you asked, and at least this time I'll cure your ignorance by giving you data rather then making you find it. Here's the script.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/outreach/radio/Interrupt.pdf

Sort of standing on the sea shore demanding a fish? Wow, you are lazy. I'm with you when a claim is not just basic information. But seriously, anything you can Google? I'd be embarrassed if I were you. But, you asked, and at least this time I'll cure your ignorance by giving you data rather then making you find it. Here's the script.

August 6, 2009

It also specifies LOW INCOME.

you should play by the same rules we want the libtards to play by... if you make a claim, link to back it up. If not, it's worthless.

I personally only ask things that are not factual information that can't be learned through basic tools like Google. If someone doesn't know that South Africa is in Africa, do I really need to Google that for them? If you say water is wet and I don't know that, I think it's my job to at least do a basic job of trying to educate myself. It's ridiculous to sit on a message board on the Internet and not be willing to open a tab and do a search before asking someone to give them a link to factual information they could have done themselves.

Are they still around?

Ask Dick Luger and Warren Hatch...

August 6, 2009

Are you like Right Winger? A liberal who thinks it's funny to call yourself a conservative? I said they are advertising to get people to apply to government for other people's money even if you have a job and a house and a car. You were too lazy to Google it so I did it for you. Now you're saying something that doesn't contradict that. Somehow if they say "low income" it's OK for them to be advertising welfare and I gave you the script where they say apply anyway even if you have a house, car and job just like I said.

Note the script is on the government website, I'm waiting for you to complain about that next. Where did this come from! Well, note the URL, it's the government website!

Last edited:

Sort of standing on the sea shore demanding a fish? Wow, you are lazy.

Irony! You made the claim but did not back it up. THAT is lazy. Learn from the experience.

August 6, 2009

Are you like Right Winger? A liberal who thinks it's funny to call yourself a conservative? I said they are advertising to get people to apply to government for other people's money even if you have a job and a house and a car. You were too lazy to Google it so I did it for you. Now you're saying something that doesn't contradict that. Somehow if they say "low income" it's OK for them to be advertising welfare and I gave you the script where they say apply anyway even if you have a house, car and job just like I said.

Note the script is on the government website, I'm waiting for you to complain about that next. Where did this come from! Well, note the URL, it's the government website!

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. No one should go hungry in America.

Food & Nutrition Service Home Page

Sort of standing on the sea shore demanding a fish? Wow, you are lazy.

Irony! You made the claim but did not back it up. THAT is lazy. Learn from the experience.

Actually if you read the thread, Conservative was as lazy as you are, so I went and ... Googled ... the script for you. There is a fish on your plate, no need to open a tab and Google it. Here's the link so you don't have to read the half dozen posts. Geez.

Forum List

Back