Oh shit, I just found out...

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
The dishes in my dishwasher aren't CLEAN. We've been drinking out of those glasses for two days!

I may sue the cleaning lady for not leaving me a note telling me!

No, crap, I can't live without her. And if we catch something horrible, we may not have to worry about it.

Did you ever figure out how to work the on/off switch?

If you do, then you can live without your cleaning lady---AND---not catch any disease.

Try it sometime.

That's what the rest of us peons do.

In fact, some people don't even *have* an automatic dishwasher (or a cleaning lady). They have to wash by hand. :eek:

Dayam. Imagine that! :rolleyes:

• Banned
I spend a huge portion of my salary on a cleaning lady because I don't want my children to live in a pigsty. I can't seem to master home cleaning. I'm good in spurts, or if I'm not working. But working full time (and then some) and with two kids, 6&7, I'm just not one of the women who spends all her spare time to clean house. I WISH I WAS!

I have a cleaning lady come in once a week for 4 hours. And I didn't have a dishwasher until last year. I got a washer and dryer the year before. You're talking to the woman who's first two children used cloth diapers....and we didn't have a washing machine for the first year (and it was portable) and we never had a dryer.

No need to preach to me dear. I have a cleaning lady, not a maid. She picks up the house on Thursdays, so I don't enter the weekend incredibly depressed about the state the home is in.

The dishwasher is portable, and when it's put away with dishes in it, they're rinsed out...generally the cleaning lady leaves me a note to tell me if they're washed or not. Usually they are. Hence the confusion.

My mom has it down....as soon as she empties the dishwasher, she puts soap in it, so that you know, if you are opening the dishwasher and there's soap in the little receptacle, the dishes are dirty. If there's nothing there, it's clean.

But I rarely see my cleaning lady. She comes while I'm at work. We haven't worked out all the kinks yet.

Hey....don't get your panties in a wad.

I'm just jealous. Can't afford a cleaning lady, and I am *not* a neurotic Kate Gosselin about housework either. I work *hard* to keep our house clean, and it kills my back. Dammit. :(

Chill! :eusa_hand:

• Banned
I can't afford one either.

I do it because it makes my kids' life better to have a (semi) clean house. It's something I just can't seem to master unless I can devote myself to it full time.

Full time, I'm awesome. I air out beds every day, I do my laundry, I fucking wash the floors on my hands and knees.

Working, I'm all done in. I come home and I want to be on the internet, read or watch tv. I've absolutely no compulsion to clean anything.

• Banned
I'm not even completely devoted to taking showers. I keep my kids clean, and then there's no time...I've got to get my ass to work.

I can't afford one either.

I do it because it makes my kids' life better to have a (semi) clean house. It's something I just can't seem to master unless I can devote myself to it full time.

Full time, I'm awesome. I air out beds every day, I do my laundry, I fucking wash the floors on my hands and knees.

Working, I'm all done in. I come home and I want to be on the internet, read or watch tv. I've absolutely no compulsion to clean anything.

I totally, totally understand.

I've raised almost 15 year old twins since they were born all by myself. Their dad and I split up when they were 12 weeks old.

I've worked full time up until this year--I am going back to college in January with grants and all sorts of money scraped together. Our apartment looks like a castle right now....I have the time. Before we lost our house and stuff in the floods, on the best day I would crack the door and stand in the way so nobody could see the chaos behind me.

Anyway....glad you can have someone help you with the housework. Long ago I had someone come every other week. It was a godsend. I totally understand.

• Banned
Thank you.

I owe her money for this month..I'm waiting for my reimbursement check from the 5 day training I went to. Maybe that's why she's trying to kill me.

I'm not even completely devoted to taking showers. I keep my kids clean, and then there's no time...I've got to get my ass to work.

Been there, done that when my kids were little.

It gets better....I promise. But by the time it does, you'll be living in your car driving to this practice or that, or to pick up this one, or that one. You will see home ONLY late at night and on weekends.

Maybe that will help keep your house clean? :eusa_think:

I spend a huge portion of my salary on a cleaning lady because I don't want my children to live in a pigsty.

Pigsty homes are a Darwinian good. My kid will never have an allergy and can probably survive any chemical or biological attack.

I spend a huge portion of my salary on a cleaning lady because I don't want my children to live in a pigsty.

Pigsty homes are a Darwinian good. My kid will never have an allergy and can probably survive any chemical or biological attack.

Good point.

However, family and children services don't look kindly on those who keep their children in pigstyes. ;)

Better to clean and keep your kids, I always say. :D

As I tell my child welfare worker friends...please don't come over without calling first.

Everyone in my family has allergies and bronchitis. Apparently having a filthy home doesn't innoculate you.

Mind you the suburb of Perth I live in is like Deadwood, it is live and let live out here.

You see that wrist flip? Yes, it's indicative of gayness, but more often, it's indicative of heroin addictness.

Forum List

Back