Oh noooo...Teen unemployment stuck abover 20% for 40th month in a row.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
As adults are filling jobs normally occupied by teens because they can't find anything else...sucks to be a teen trying to find work in this economy.

Their unemployment rate remains above 20% for the 40th month in a row, the first time this has happened since the government started keeping records in 1948.

Last month, it edged up to 23.8%, roughly the same as a year ago and up a bit since December. The national unemployment rate, meanwhile, has fallen to 8.3%.

Some 31 states and the District of Columbia have teen unemployment rates above 20%. Washington D.C. ranks the worst with an unemployment rate of 48%, while California comes in in second place at 35.2%.

http://economy.money.cnn.com/2012/03/15/dismal-summer-prospects-for-teens/?iid=H_E_News

Having been in business and done my best to hire a teen, it was a failure every time. Teens are primarily a class of persons who believe they should be paid to sit around and text their friends. I ended up with a very reliable 50 year old woman after trying to give a dozen or more teens a chance. Including a few that were very memorable in creativity to avoid work.

To be fair, when Obama promised "Change" he never said it would be for the better

Having been in business and done my best to hire a teen, it was a failure every time. Teens are primarily a class of persons who believe they should be paid to sit around and text their friends. I ended up with a very reliable 50 year old woman after trying to give a dozen or more teens a chance. Including a few that were very memorable in creativity to avoid work.

There is something to be said about this.
I can't find any reliable teenagers either. I use to use my son and daughter and a few of their friends. I have went through several and no go. I literally gave up. I am outsourcing what they use to do and paying more to have it done.

Forum List

Back