Oh Noez! Polar Bears to be Extinct in 80 Years

I don't think so. You can ignore the devastation Fukushima has caused but that doesn't mean it is fake when others publish what has happened to the oceans and the people affected by it.

This is true in the fact of Fukashima devastation to ocean life and I'm sure plays a part in the overall health of our planet and species.

Hotter seas threaten marine wildlife with extinction - researchers

View attachment 192305

LONDON, May 7 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Polar bears and other iconic animals could be extinct by the end of the century if ocean temperatures continue to rise at the current rate, marine biologists warned Monday.

So.

Why would they die in just a few generations? Fish and seals are there for food. Polar bears have been living in the San Diego zoo for decades, so warmth doesn’t harm them. The oceans are rising so that warmth is well hidden. So what’s going to kill them?

The absurdity of the chicken little left in their doomsday predictions is hilarious. They’ve been making this prediction for decades only to find thier population increasing.
View attachment 192307

Oceans were much warmer 10,000 to 1,000 years ago, yet the Polar Bears are still here.

Pacific Ocean Heat Content During the Past 10,000 Years

"Abstract
Observed increases in ocean heat content (OHC) and temperature are robust indicators of global warming during the past several decades. We used high-resolution proxy records from sediment cores to extend these observations in the Pacific 10,000 years beyond the instrumental record. We show that water masses linked to North Pacific and Antarctic intermediate waters were warmer by 2.1 ± 0.4°C and 1.5 ± 0.4°C, respectively, during the middle Holocene Thermal Maximum than over the past century. Both water masses were ~0.9°C warmer during the Medieval Warm period than during the Little Ice Age and ~0.65° warmer than in recent decades. Although documented changes in global surface temperatures during the Holocene and Common era are relatively small, the concomitant changes in OHC are large."

LINK
Doesn't it have to do with the ice floes melting? That's where the bears do their "fishing," I think.
they can't swim off shore and fish?
I don't know. I thought I heard that somewhere. It's not like they were built to fish, like a seal or a pelican. They learned how because they live in a God forsaken place where nothing else lives, so they figured it out, like grizzlies catch salmon.
what do grizzlies eat?
Whatever they want?

Wait! The man made global warming crazies (climate change because it is now cooling) said the Polar Bears would be gone long ago. Do you mean they are still here??? How dare them! Legalize Polar Bear hunting for ALL, now! We'll take care of this dangerous problem.

When Polar Bears are outlawed, only outlaws will have Polar Bears!

I don't think so. You can ignore the devastation Fukushima has caused but that doesn't mean it is fake when others publish what has happened to the oceans and the people affected by it.
A dead seal is not going to float 12,000 miles. It will be consumed and gone in a week.

Hotter seas threaten marine wildlife with extinction - researchers

View attachment 192305

LONDON, May 7 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Polar bears and other iconic animals could be extinct by the end of the century if ocean temperatures continue to rise at the current rate, marine biologists warned Monday.

So.

Why would they die in just a few generations? Fish and seals are there for food. Polar bears have been living in the San Diego zoo for decades, so warmth doesn’t harm them. The oceans are rising so that warmth is well hidden. So what’s going to kill them?

The absurdity of the chicken little left in their doomsday predictions is hilarious. They’ve been making this prediction for decades only to find thier population increasing.
View attachment 192307

Oceans were much warmer 10,000 to 1,000 years ago, yet the Polar Bears are still here.

"Abstract
Observed increases in ocean heat content (OHC) and temperature are robust indicators of global warming during the past several decades. We used high-resolution proxy records from sediment cores to extend these observations in the Pacific 10,000 years beyond the instrumental record. We show that water masses linked to North Pacific and Antarctic intermediate waters were warmer by 2.1 ± 0.4°C and 1.5 ± 0.4°C, respectively, during the middle Holocene Thermal Maximum than over the past century. Both water masses were ~0.9°C warmer during the Medieval Warm period than during the Little Ice Age and ~0.65° warmer than in recent decades. Although documented changes in global surface temperatures during the Holocene and Common era are relatively small, the concomitant changes in OHC are large."

LINK
Doesn't it have to do with the ice floes melting? That's where the bears do their "fishing," I think.
If all the ice on earth melted you’d still have a shore. Seals and fish always stay close to shores.

And oceans are not rising.
View attachment 192316
They’re standing on Pikes Peak in 80 years.

"Abstract

LINK
If all the ice on earth melted you’d still have a shore. Seals and fish always stay close to shores.

View attachment 192316
not sure your point there. have you a recent picture of Guam?
Watch Erik the Viking. Funny movie.
You don't have to go as far as Guam; just ask people living in Norfolk, Virginia if the sea is rising.
I did, and no one says it is. so?

"Abstract

LINK
I don't know. I thought I heard that somewhere. It's not like they were built to fish, like a seal or a pelican. They learned how because they live in a God forsaken place where nothing else lives, so they figured it out, like grizzlies catch salmon.
what do grizzlies eat?
Whatever they want?
and that's different than a Polar bear? you should look up which is more violent. I see you love stereo types eh?

As USMB member PolarBear has documented well in this forum, the polar bear population is thriving particularly in Canada. This guy flies all around Northern Canada in a helicopter and take scores of pictures.... only low-information goofballs are still being fooled by the picture of the polar bear standing on the little iceberg!!

what do grizzlies eat?
Whatever they want?
and that's different than a Polar bear? you should look up which is more violent. I see you love stereo types eh?
D5F87C3B-997B-47E0-ADCA-95EE5C336364.jpeg

As USMB member PolarBear has documented well in this forum, the polar bear population is thriving particularly in Canada. This guy flies all around Northern Canada in a helicopter and take scores of pictures.... only low-information goofballs are still being fooled by the picture of the polar bear standing on the little iceberg!!
cause they don't know how many miles to the gallon the iceberg gets.

View attachment 192316
You don't have to go as far as Guam; just ask people living in Norfolk, Virginia if the sea is rising.
Since 1927, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has had a tidal gauge at Sewells Point, the peninsula where the base sits. It has recorded the highest relative sea level rise on the East Coast, nearly 15 inches.

And that rate is expected to accelerate in coming years.

Flooding already is so routine that giant rulers have been erected beside the city roads outside the base to show whether water is too deep to drive into.

In little more than two decades the main road into the base could be flooding almost daily at high tide.

Norfolk Prepares For Battle With Rising Sea Level

what do grizzlies eat?
Whatever they want?
I don't believe you're actually trying to have an argument over which type of bear is more violent.
LOL

View attachment 192316
Who'd you ask so fast? You lying?

what do grizzlies eat?
Whatever they want?
I don't believe you're actually trying to have an argument over which type of bear is more violent.
LOL
well I asked you what a grizzly ate and you said anything it wanted. Why wouldn't you think that of the Polar Bear? Instead you kind that the polar bear isn't a fisherman. huh?

View attachment 192316
Who'd you ask so fast? You lying?
I have friends there and none of them state that. I didn't need to take your advice, I already had my question answered years ago.

View attachment 192316
Since 1927, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has had a tidal gauge at Sewells Point, the peninsula where the base sits. It has recorded the highest relative sea level rise on the East Coast, nearly 15 inches.

Flooding already is so routine that giant rulers have been erected beside the city roads outside the base to show whether water is too deep to drive into.

In little more than two decades the main road into the base could be flooding almost daily at high tide.

A whole 15 inches :disbelief::disbelief::eek-52:

Well dang.... I best start saving up for my personal submarine:fingerscrossed:

A whole 15 inches :disbelief::disbelief::eek-52:

Well dang.... I best start saving up for my personal submarine:fingerscrossed:
Roads are routinely flooding in town whenever there is a full moon high tide. That's not good.
With all the military bases there, the military is taking it seriously, for real. See my link.

A dead seal is not going to float 12,000 miles. It will be consumed and gone in a week.
Are you saying seals, penguins and such do not eat and do not migrate and eat other sea critters or what. Or is is that you think other people are not aware of the damage that shit caused?

Migration Patterns of Pacific Predators Uncovered | Ocean Leadership

Pacific migration routes.JPG

I guess for once, I got it right to begin with. Please TRY to learn something.

How does climate change affect polar bears?

• Fewer opportunities to feed
    Polar bears rely on sea ice to hunt and store energy for the summer and autumn, when food can be scarce. Sea ice now melts earlier in the spring and forms later in the autumn in the bears’ southern range, like Hudson Bay and James Bay in Canada. As the bears spend longer periods without food, their health declines. For every week earlier the ice breaks up in Hudson Bay, bears come ashore roughly 10 kg (22 lbs) lighter and in poorer condition.
  • Fewer cubs
    Unhealthy bears can lead to lower reproduction rates – and local extinction. Scientists have found the main cause of death for cubs to be either lack of food or lack of fat on nursing mothers.
Threats to Polar Bears

I guess for once, I got it right to begin with. Please TRY to learn something.

How does climate change affect polar bears?

• Fewer opportunities to feed
    Polar bears rely on sea ice to hunt and store energy for the summer and autumn, when food can be scarce. Sea ice now melts earlier in the spring and forms later in the autumn in the bears’ southern range, like Hudson Bay and James Bay in Canada. As the bears spend longer periods without food, their health declines. For every week earlier the ice breaks up in Hudson Bay, bears come ashore roughly 10 kg (22 lbs) lighter and in poorer condition.
  • Fewer cubs
    Unhealthy bears can lead to lower reproduction rates – and local extinction. Scientists have found the main cause of death for cubs to be either lack of food or lack of fat on nursing mothers.
Threats to Polar Bears
how is it polar bears can survive in San Diego and Chicago?

Forum List

Back