Oh Noez! Polar Bears to be Extinct in 80 Years

I don't live on the coast wouldn't even consider it at this point and I sure as heck wouldn't eat any sea food caught off the coast. Yet I also try to avoid any food at the grocery store that has been radiated, avoid xrays whenever possible and I purposely avoid any other known toxins when I can. (BTW, my dad worked for a brief time putting in additions at a Nuclear plant. Just that little bit of exposure of working near an active plant for a few month gained him some cancer when he was in his forties)

I have very good friends too that are the experts that are exposing the lies being perpetuated by greed monsters throughout who claim their is no danger in putting more of this chit into the environment. You can claim whatever you like about me and claim "fake news" all you desire but I will accept their expertise over your bs any day of the week.

Yet I also try to avoid any food at the grocery store that has been radiated,

What food has been "radiated"?

Just that little bit of exposure of working near an active plant for a few month gained him some cancer when he was in his forties

How do you know it was the "extra" and not the background radiation?
Or that it was radiation at all?
Irradiation and Food Safety Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

(note: not an endorsement of FDA or their opinions, just a page so you will know what I was talking about)

The experts were the doctors who determined exactly what he was exposed to that caused that specific type of cancer that he had.

Are you afraid irradiation makes your food radioactive?

The experts were the doctors who determined exactly what he was exposed to that caused that specific type of cancer that he had.

How did they know it was the "extra" and not the background radiation?
Why would I want to buy food that has been altered? I like to know when a fruit of vegetable has been on the shelf longer than it should be. The quality of radiated food verses non radiated food is better in my opinion. Fruits that have been picked green and radiated never ripen and that there is enough to tell me that food is dead food.

You'd have to ask his doctors the technical questions of how they determined his specific cancer came from his few months of exposure working next to an active plant.

Why would I want to buy food that has been altered?

Altered how? Be specific.

You'd have to ask his doctors the technical questions of how they determined his specific cancer came from his few months of exposure working next to an active plant.

No kidding, since working "next to an active plant" would add almost no additional exposure.
Irradiation changes not only the texture but also removes some of the nutritional value but hey if you like it by all means eat it.

Just that little bit of exposure of working near an active plant for a few month gained him some cancer when he was in his forties

(note: not an endorsement of FDA or their opinions, just a page so you will know what I was talking about)

Why would I want to buy food that has been altered? I like to know when a fruit of vegetable has been on the shelf longer than it should be. The quality of radiated food verses non radiated food is better in my opinion. Fruits that have been picked green and radiated never ripen and that there is enough to tell me that food is dead food.

No kidding, since working "next to an active plant" would add almost no additional exposure.
Irradiation changes not only the texture but also removes some of the nutritional value but hey if you like it by all means eat it.

Kills the pathogens, extends shelf-life...…….

A lot of people have no clue they are actually eating rotten fruit and veggies that are long past their eat by date. They are good for mass rotting in the garden compost but that is about all its good for. Yet like I said you feel free to eat that chit if you want.

A lot of people have no clue they are actually eating rotten fruit and veggies that are long past their eat by date. They are good for mass rotting in the garden compost but that is about all its good for. Yet like I said you feel free to eat that chit if you want.

A lot of people don't know that their fruit and veggies wouldn't be rotten if it was irradiated.

A lot of people don't know that their fruit and veggies wouldn't be rotten if it was irradiated.
The really cool thing about getting the stuff that the store tosses out for my garden and if any of it is any good it goes to the animals is that I get to observe that radiated crap that the food moguls want people to eat. It rots from the inside out starting from the core (the seeds).

The really cool thing about getting the stuff that the store tosses out for my garden and if any of it is any good it goes to the animals is that I get to observe that radiated crap that the food moguls want people to eat. It rots from the inside out starting from the core (the seeds).

I get to observe that radiated crap that the food moguls want people to eat.

Where do they sell radiated food in your area?

I get to observe that radiated crap that the food moguls want people to eat.

Where do they sell radiated food in your area?
The grocery store. "Prestigious companies such as Melissa's offer irradiated fruits. .... Krogers, Walmart, "

Unless you were swimming offshore of Fukushima, you didn't get radiated. Not even a little bit.
Prove it.

You glowing in the dark recently?
I don't live on the coast wouldn't even consider it at this point and I sure as heck wouldn't eat any sea food caught off the coast. Yet I also try to avoid any food at the grocery store that has been radiated, avoid xrays whenever possible and I purposely avoid any other known toxins when I can. (BTW, my dad worked for a brief time putting in additions at a Nuclear plant. Just that little bit of exposure of working near an active plant for a few month gained him some cancer when he was in his forties)

I have very good friends too that are the experts that are exposing the lies being perpetuated by greed monsters throughout who claim their is no danger in putting more of this chit into the environment. You can claim whatever you like about me and claim "fake news" all you desire but I will accept their expertise over your bs any day of the week.

*sigh*

Radiation does not work that way. It is not a particle that you stick in your pocket. You fly in a jet and you have more radiation hit you. When you land you're not walking around radioactive. That radiation hit what it was going to hit and kept going.

And what it hits is how it kills life. Radiation does not kill like a gun. It splits the DNA of your cells so it can no longer reproduce. You die because your old cells die and don't get replaced.

Expose a candy bar to radiation to sterilize it and eat it 5 minutes later without any impact as if you never ate it.

Pray tell, how did they determine exactly what he was exposed to? And when was it that medical science discovered that specific cancers have specific radiative causes?

*sigh*

Radiation does not work that way. It is not a particle that you stick in your pocket. You fly in a jet and you have more radiation hit you. When you land you're not walking around radioactive. That radiation hit what it was going to hit and kept going.

Sigh...

And what it hits is how it kills life. Radiation does not kill like a gun. It splits the DNA of your cells so it can no longer reproduce. You die because your old cells die and don't get replaced.

Expose a candy bar to radiation to sterilize it and eat it 5 minutes later without any impact as if you never ate it.

Nuclear radiation consists almost entirely of alpha particles, beta particles and gamma rays. Matter is considered radioactive if it contains unstable atomic nuclei that will decay into these and other products in the process of losing resting mass energy.

Alpha particles are, in essence, the nucleus of a Helium+4 atom: two protons and two neutrons. Alphas produced by alpha decay are fairly slow and do not contain a great deal of energy. They can be stopped by a piece of paper or your skin. However, alphas produced by fission can have much greater energy and will easily pass through your body as well as a great deal of shielding. Alpha emitters (ie, a piece of matter that emits alpha particles) such as plutonium, can do an enormous amount of damage if ingested as they are very effective at ionizing and thus killing tissue. A speck of plutonium dust you can barely see, if swallowed or inhaled, will kill you dead.

Beta particles are simply electrons or positrons (an electron with a positive charge) and are weaker than alpha particles. Then can still ionize tissue, but not as badly as alpahs.

Gamma radiation is simply very high power electromagnetic radiation (eg photons such as those carrying heat, visible light, RF, X-rays, etc). They are just past X-rays in energy content (ie, frequency) and the two are not always clearly delineable. Gamma radiation is ionizing, but not as dangerously as alpha or beta particles, despite the fact that it has much greater penetrating power.

Irradiated food is treated with ionizing electromagnetic radiation (gamma, X-ray or electron beam). The purpose is to slow or stop spoilage by elimination of bacterial agents. Insect pests may also be controlled, but not by killing them as the required dose would be too high. Insects are simply rendered sterile by exposure to low doses and cannot reproduce. Different foods have different tolerances from irradiation and regulatory controls differ from country to country. Germany allows only the irradiation of dried herbs and with a small dose while Brazil allows the irradiation of any food stuff at any dose.

It is physically impossible for electromagnetic irradiation to produce radioactivity in exposed foods. Irradiation can produce chemical changes in foods that can alter taste, appearance and nutritional content. But so does every other method of food preservation (freezing, cooking, salting, etc). The changes wrought by irradiation are demonstrably LESS than those produced by any other means of preservation though at high doses it can produce unique radiolytic (from radiation) products that act as oxidizing radicals. However, there is a common confusion between the risk of radicals in the body and radicals ingested as the latter are destroyed by the digestive process.

Numerous food safety organizations around the world have studied the effect of irradiation on foods and unanimously find the results more than acceptable. The trade-off between spoiled foods vs edible foods with slight changes comes down, objectively, on the side of preservation.

Irradiation will prevent a candy bar from gifting you with unwanted active pathogens, but it will have no impact whatsoever on the candy's ability to make you fat and put you at risk for dental caries.

As to what the above might have to do with the survival of polar bears with the disappearance of Arctic ice eludes me. So, to return to the OP:

1) Arctic ice is disappearing and appears headed inexorably towards zero.

piomas-trnd6-1.png

Note that the vertical scale on the left is volume, not some anomaly to baseline. The zero at the bottom of this graph is zero ice in the Arctic; open sailing from northern Canada to northern Russia.

2) Polar bears require ice floats to survive. Give them a few hundred thousand years to adapt and they could possibly find a different way to earn a living. Without that long a period, they won't. The same, of course, applies to walrus, leopard seals and sea lions.

3) Denying the two facts listed above is... just pure bullshit.

*sigh*

Sigh...

Nuclear radiation consists almost entirely of alpha particles, beta particles and gamma rays. Matter is considered radioactive if it contains unstable atomic nuclei that will decay into these and other products in the process of losing resting mass energy.

Alpha particles are, in essence, the nucleus of a Helium+4 atom: two protons and two neutrons. Alphas produced by alpha decay are fairly slow and do not contain a great deal of energy. They can be stopped by a piece of paper or your skin. However, alphas produced by fission can have much greater energy and will easily pass through your body as well as a great deal of shielding. Alpha emitters (ie, a piece of matter that emits alpha particles) such as plutonium, can do an enormous amount of damage if ingested as they are very effective at ionizing and thus killing tissue. A speck of plutonium dust you can barely see, if swallowed or inhaled, will kill you dead.

Beta particles are simply electrons or positrons (an electron with a positive charge) and are weaker than alpha particles. Then can still ionize tissue, but not as badly as alpahs.

Gamma radiation is simply very high power electromagnetic radiation (eg photons such as those carrying heat, visible light, RF, X-rays, etc). They are just past X-rays in energy content (ie, frequency) and the two are not always clearly delineable. Gamma radiation is ionizing, but not as dangerously as alpha or beta particles, despite the fact that it has much greater penetrating power.

Irradiated food is treated with ionizing electromagnetic radiation (gamma, X-ray or electron beam). The purpose is to slow or stop spoilage by elimination of bacterial agents. Insect pests may also be controlled, but not by killing them as the required dose would be too high. Insects are simply rendered sterile by exposure to low doses and cannot reproduce. Different foods have different tolerances from irradiation and regulatory controls differ from country to country. Germany allows only the irradiation of dried herbs and with a small dose while Brazil allows the irradiation of any food stuff at any dose.

It is physically impossible for electromagnetic irradiation to produce radioactivity in exposed foods. Irradiation can produce chemical changes in foods that can alter taste, appearance and nutritional content. But so does every other method of food preservation (freezing, cooking, salting, etc). The changes wrought by irradiation are demonstrably LESS than those produced by any other means of preservation though at high doses it can produce unique radiolytic (from radiation) products that act as oxidizing radicals. However, there is a common confusion between the risk of radicals in the body and radicals ingested as the latter are destroyed by the digestive process.

Numerous food safety organizations around the world have studied the effect of irradiation on foods and unanimously find the results more than acceptable. The trade-off between spoiled foods vs edible foods with slight changes comes down, objectively, on the side of preservation.

Irradiation will prevent a candy bar from gifting you with unwanted active pathogens, but it will have no impact whatsoever on the candy's ability to make you fat and put you at risk for dental caries.

A speck of plutonium dust you can barely see, if swallowed or inhaled, will kill you dead.

I think that's an exaggeration.

The Myth of Plutonium Toxicity

Pray tell, how did they determine exactly what he was exposed to? And when was it that medical science discovered that specific cancers have specific radiative causes?
Probably the same way the tax and charge everyone to death via climate change, Monsatan, Bayer, Dow, all of the Pharmaceutical giants and the other principalities and powers push their agendas. They came up with a theory based on their limited knowledge of how things work. Are you claiming that you don't do that too?

You claimed that doctors could tell precisely what sort of radiation caused specific cancers. Now you seem to be walking that statement back. Which is it to be?

You claimed that doctors could tell precisely what sort of radiation caused specific cancers. Now you seem to be walking that statement back. Which is it to be?
And you think polar bears need ice to survive!

Forum List

Back