OH NO! Gas prices are going down????

Caroljo

Gold Member
Jun 2, 2009
Michigan
Does this mean our economy is tanking again??

According to Obama it is! Gee, I hope it doesn't go any lower!!!!!!

Today gas in town is down to 3.54! It hasn't been that low in it seems FOREVER.
But, it IS election season! Lol! I'm sure this won't last and our economy will be much better for it! :)
(sarcasm off)

Obama's Brutal Gaffe: Low Gas Prices Cratered Our Economy

He said when I took office, the price of gasoline was $1.80, $1.86. Why is that? Because the economy was on the verge of collapse, because we were about to go through the worst recession since the Great Depression, as a consequence of some of the same policies that Governor Romney's now promoting. So, it's conceivable that Governor Romney could bring down gas prices because with his policies, we might be back in that same mess.

In other words, bringing down gas prices by drilling creates economic recession. That was Obama’s argument.

Does anyone think this president understands basic economics?

He's a total fucking moron. The only people stupider are his legions of mindless zombie supporters

Wow, Crusader. That comment is so well-reasoned and unbiased that it's worthy of being cross-stitched and put on a wall. (Except that it's just as mindless as the zombies you complain of)

I think that was the top "gaff" at the debate. Besides Libya,Fast & and Furious of course the chinese investments. Screw it I lied. There were too many!

Wow, Crusader. That comment is so well-reasoned and unbiased that it's worthy of being cross-stitched and put on a wall. (Except that it's just as mindless as the zombies you complain of)

Obama is a total fucking retard. Complete, total fucking retard.

He's done all he can to transform us into a nation of stupid, government dependent losers. Only in the Neo-Marxist enclave of the small minded, does it make sense to express pride in dependency and demean the accomplishments of business people and entrepreneurs, "you didn't build that!"

There's a reason he considers the private sector "behind enemy lines". It's because he's brainwashed in Marxism and does not know the first fucking thing about the US economy.

You support him and are defending him, must mean you're a fucking moron too. Go call Daily Kos on your Obamaphone and ask them how to respond

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
As I pointed out in another thread about this exact same topic, Obama is not totally off the mark.
The weakened world economies resulted in reduced demand for oil and prices fell.

The rest of his blather is utter bullshit, and yes he's a total fucking retard but again he wasn't totally off the mark.

The reason gas is $4/gallon and cereal boxes are shrinking and a pound of coffee is now 12 ounces is because of the massive inflationary policies of the Fed

Which means, our economy is going to crap again so the gas prices are coming down because people can't afford the gas and are driving a lot less. Or they're not working so they don't need the gas!

I couldn't believe Obama said what he did about this.....I understand what you're saying. However, everyone keeps saying how much better the economy is doing, that jobs are coming back and Obama is saving the world. So why are the gas prices going down if the economy is doing so good now? Will it go right back up AFTER the election IF Obama get's re-elected? We'll see...................

You can bet your ass(ets) that the left will do everything in it's power to lower the price of gas before the election but there is only so much they can do in only a couple of weeks.

But, it IS election season! Lol! I'm sure this won't last and our economy will be much better for it! :)
(sarcasm off)

He said when I took office, the price of gasoline was $1.80, $1.86. Why is that? Because the economy was on the verge of collapse, because we were about to go through the worst recession since the Great Depression, as a consequence of some of the same policies that Governor Romney's now promoting. So, it's conceivable that Governor Romney could bring down gas prices because with his policies, we might be back in that same mess.

In other words, bringing down gas prices by drilling creates economic recession. That was Obama’s argument.

We're heading into the winter driving season. Historically, gas prices drop heading into the winter driving season and go up heading into the summer driving season. If you didn't know this, now you do. If you did know this and tried to make a political point because of it, then you're just a troll and dupe.

Gas prices up or down-Obama is still a jerk-off ! A vote for obama is a vote for communism and economic collapse.

$pict27.jpg

$ObamaWright.jpg

$obama-sombrerofest.jpg

(sarcasm off)

I am absolutely certain that you do not understand economics. If you believe that gas prices came down then because of drilling, you are too stupid to discuss the topic.
Here is one of your heroes comments in July of 2008 when gas prices were about $4.40 per gallon, and Republican George W. Bush was in the White House. O'Reilly said:

"No president has the power to increase or lower gas prices. Those are market forces!"

"It has nothing to do with the president."

"It really is out of this president's hands"

"Yesterday oil hit a record high, and politicians can't do a thing about it."

"The next time you hear a politician say he or she will bring down oil prices, understand it's complete B.S. If Americans want lower gas prices, cut back. Sell those SUVs. Ride a bike when you can."
Change of Subject: High gas prices not the president's fault!

That was O'Reilly in July of '08. On video. He, along with all of the other fox personalities were hard at selling the public that the price of gas can not be controlled by the pres. Dems agreed. But today, when there is a dem pres, fox personalities are blaming him for the price of gas.

So, the cons say, gas prices are a supply and demand issue. Our pres has hurt the supply issue. But, when you look out on the web, the supply of gas in the US is UP:
Obama’s ‘Gone to Great Lengths’ to Keep Gas Prices High, Ryan Says - ABC News
U.S. Product Supplied of Finished Motor Gasoline (Thousand Barrels)

So, gas supplies are increasing. So that goes agains the con argument. It must be that demand is increasing.
"U.S. crude oil demand fell to its lowest in nearly four years in July as the middling U.S. economy and fuel efficiency gains weighed on consumption, the American Petroleum Institute said on Friday."
U.S. oil demand dipped to near 4-year low in July: API | Reuters

So, me poor ignorant cons, here is the issue. Supply of gasoline and crude oil are up. Demand for gasoline is down. So gas prices should be going DOWN. But they have been rising. So, you can not (rationally) blame the pres. The problem is not supply. Nor demand. At least not in the US.

" "If our demand for gasoline is falling, why are prices in the U.S. rising?"

Well, there are lots of reasons why the price you pay at the pump might rise; from additional taxes levied by the government to threats of supply disruption in the Middle East. The latter, of course, is a big reason gasoline prices are higher now even though demand throughout the world is quite soft and falling in the U.S.

Fadel Gheit, managing director of Oil and Gas Research at Oppenheimer and Company, says the price of oil depends on several factors — "number one: crude oil prices." Of course, crude oil prices are set in a global market. That means even if U.S. demand for oil is forecast to fall significantly over the next 25 years, Americans will pay more for each galloon of gasoline if the global price of oil rises, which is quite likely. While Americans are using fewer gallons of oil per person, consumers in India, China and other emerging markets are using more. In 2010, China added 10 million more cars. With a population of more than 1 billion people, that nation is going to use more oil in the future and that demand will likely drive prices up."
Why Gas Prices Are Rising Even As Demand Is Down : The Two-Way : NPR

So, cons love to blame the pres for price increases in gas. By the way, when the prices came down significantly early this year, all of the cons forgot to congratulate the pres on his sterling job of controlling gas prices. But the truth is that no president can control gasoline prices simply because the gas companies can do that on their own. They like high prices, they get high prices. This is NOT a supply and demand issue. It is an issue of monopoly power.

Last edited:
Last edited:

(sarcasm off)

I am absolutely certain that you do not understand economics. If you believe that gas prices came down then because of drilling, you are too stupid to discuss the topic.
Here is one of your heroes comments in July of 2008 when gas prices were about $4.40 per gallon, and Republican George W. Bush was in the White House. O'Reilly said:

"No president has the power to increase or lower gas prices. Those are market forces!"

"The next time you hear a politician say he or she will bring down oil prices, understand it's complete B.S. If Americans want lower gas prices, cut back. Sell those SUVs. Ride a bike when you can."

That was O'Reilly in July of '08. On video. He, along with all of the other fox personalities were hard at selling the public that the price of gas can not be controlled by the pres. Dems agreed. But today, when there is a dem pres, fox personalities are blaming him for the price of gas.

So, the cons say, gas prices are a supply and demand issue. Our pres has hurt the supply issue. But, when you look out on the web, the supply of gas in the US is UP:

So, gas supplies are increasing. So that goes agains the con argument. It must be that demand is increasing.
"U.S. crude oil demand fell to its lowest in nearly four years in July as the middling U.S. economy and fuel efficiency gains weighed on consumption, the American Petroleum Institute said on Friday."

So, me poor ignorant cons, here is the issue. Supply of gasoline and crude oil are up. Demand for gasoline is down. So gas prices should be going DOWN. But they have been rising. So, you can not (rationally) blame the pres. The problem is not supply. Nor demand. At least not in the US.

Well, there are lots of reasons why the price you pay at the pump might rise; from additional taxes levied by the government to threats of supply disruption in the Middle East. The latter, of course, is a big reason gasoline prices are higher now even though demand throughout the world is quite soft and falling in the U.S.

Fadel Gheit, managing director of Oil and Gas Research at Oppenheimer and Company, says the price of oil depends on several factors — "number one: crude oil prices." Of course, crude oil prices are set in a global market. That means even if U.S. demand for oil is forecast to fall significantly over the next 25 years, Americans will pay more for each galloon of gasoline if the global price of oil rises, which is quite likely. While Americans are using fewer gallons of oil per person, consumers in India, China and other emerging markets are using more. In 2010, China added 10 million more cars. With a population of more than 1 billion people, that nation is going to use more oil in the future and that demand will likely drive prices up."

So, cons love to blame the pres for price increases in gas. By the way, when the prices came down significantly early this year, all of the cons forgot to congratulate the pres on his sterling job of controlling gas prices. But the truth is that no president can control gasoline prices simply because the gas companies can do that on their own. They like high prices, they get high prices. This is NOT a supply and demand issue. It is an issue of monopoly power.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxonSOg3Vw8]Pelosi Attacks Bush for $3 a gallon gas in 2006 - YouTube[/ame]

(sarcasm off)

[url=http://www.youtube.com/

So, another case of politicizing gas prices.
Which in your tiny con mind makes it correct today???

Last edited:

Forum List

Back