Oh, no! Dr. Charles Sherrod goes after whitey!

PC...I hear nothing racist in his words. I hear a narrative very common to blacks of his generation. In war, there are no unwounded soldiers. For blacks that lived through the 50's and 60's, there are no unwounded souls. There is a lot of wisdom in his words. Maybe you should listen and try to imagine what his life was like. I hear a man of peace that experienced the fear of being beaten, harassed and arrested by police that openly discriminated against blacks. And his solution was to turn to his belief in God. Another very common trait of blacks.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

You are an idiot. Why would he call another black man an Uncle Tom? Why would a black man that has an opposing view be referred to as a race traitor? Sherrod and his wife are both racist and you are a fucking stooge for not seeing it.

Once upon a time a white mans daughter was raped by a black man. Does that guy get a pass?

Once upon a time a white person got cheated out of a promotion for reverse discrimination? Does he get a pass?

Yes everyones a little bit racist. But if people are going to throw around the race card for political and financial gain, then all cards are gonna have to be used. Both sides can stop now or else its an eye for an eye.

Its sad how this engineered strategy is backfiring and the only losers will be those that are truly victims.

Here's your problem chanel...the 'engineered strategy' is coming from the right, not the left.

Sometimes there is a post that is so absurd, so out of touch with reality, on a wavelength unknown to any cognizant human on this planet, that it jaw-dropping in its idiocy.

This post is the winner.

Have you missed the Jourolist scandal?

This very video in the OP?

The very essence of the Democrat Party: Identity Politics.

All left wing 'engineered strategy' ...

What is wrong with you????

The Jourolist scandal? That NON-story? What about the phony DOJ Black Panther fiasco? How about Andrew Breitbart's Shirley Sherrod smear?? Glen Beck's comment that Obama is a "racist" with a "deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture" Did you just forget PC?????????

3:55 into the speech, he mentions the murder of Emmitt Till...

THIS is what they did to this 14 year old boy

emtill.jpg

Emmett Louis "Bobo" Till (July 25, 1941 – August 28, 1955) was an African American boy from Chicago, Illinois, who was murdered at at the age of 14 in Money, Mississippi, a small town in the state's Delta region, after reportedly whistling at a white woman, Carolyn Bryant, at a small grocery store where Emmett and his cousins had bought some candy. Bryant was the wife of the store owner, Roy Bryant.

The murder of Emmett Till was noted as one of the leading events that motivated the American Civil Rights Movement. The main suspects, Roy Bryant and J.W. Milam, were acquitted by a jury of twelve white men, but later admitted they were responsible for the beating, torture, and murder of the black fourteen-year old and wanted to "make an example out of him."

The killers, J.W. Milam and Roy Bryant, are now deceased. Milam died on December 31, 1980 and is buried in Greenville, Mississippi. His obituary appeared in the Delta Democrat Times and made no mention of the Emmett Till murder. Roy Bryant died on September 1, 1991 and is buried in Ruleville, Mississippi. His obituary in the Bolviar Commercial also made no mention of the Emmett Till murder. Carolyn Bryant (now Donham) is alive and well in Greenville, Mississippi and refuses to discuss the events of August 28, 1955.

I'm familiar with the Till case...
American history is one of my interests....

and you're explaining that because....

oh, yeah...you have to puff in and out and make believe that you are so motivated by the rage that you and Dr. Sherrod feel when you see conservative folks...

Calm down, you get full lib creds.

Does the Doc get a pass no matter what he says?

Just askin'

Wow, PC, you disappoint me. You implied that you LISTENED to the speech. But, IF you did, you would know why I brought up Emmett Till. You fail PC...

I always find it interesting when another person inadvertently reveals who and what they are. Or in your case, what you aren't... You can't internalize compassion and empathy, so you must externalize it by claiming my compassion and empathy CAN'T be real...But I hate to break it to you PC...it IS real. So, now you need to do a little soul searching and self examination and admit you lack a very important character trait... how sad for you PC...

I hear the next video to be released will feature the Sherrod's 2 month old grandchild saying baaa! baaa! with his little fist in the air and that will be evidence that he is a racist.

PC...I hear nothing racist in his words. I hear a narrative very common to blacks of his generation. In war, there are no unwounded soldiers. For blacks that lived through the 50's and 60's, there are no unwounded souls. There is a lot of wisdom in his words. Maybe you should listen and try to imagine what his life was like. I hear a man of peace that experienced the fear of being beaten, harassed and arrested by police that openly discriminated against blacks. And his solution was to turn to his belief in God. Another very common trait of blacks.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

racist.jpg

Here's your problem chanel...the 'engineered strategy' is coming from the right, not the left.

Sometimes there is a post that is so absurd, so out of touch with reality, on a wavelength unknown to any cognizant human on this planet, that it jaw-dropping in its idiocy.

This post is the winner.

The Jourolist scandal? That NON-story? What about the phony DOJ Black Panther fiasco? How about Andrew Breitbart's Shirley Sherrod smear?? Glen Beck's comment that Obama is a "racist" with a "deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture" Did you just forget PC?????????[/QUOTE

Test

This post is the winner.

The Jourolist scandal? That NON-story? What about the phony DOJ Black Panther fiasco? How about Andrew Breitbart's Shirley Sherrod smear?? Glen Beck's comment that Obama is a "racist" with a "deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture" Did you just forget PC?????????[/QUOTE

Test

Always nice to see new members, especially those on the left.

But I would appreciate a better job of defense, as the one you have used is worn out and flimsy.

NBC is one of the more left wing of the broadcasts MSM, and their sister station MSNBC even more so. I'm sure you wouldn't disagree...

Chuck Todd is the NBC News White House correspondent and MSNBC daytime anchor.

This from Mr. Todd:
"Politico columnist Roger Simon...quotes Chuck Todd:
Journolist was pretty offensive. Those of us who are mainstream journalists got mixed in with journalists with an agenda. Those folks who thought they were improving journalism are destroying the credibility of journalism." FAIR Blog Blog Archive NBC's Chuck Todd, Sleepless and Depressed Over JournoList

So, a non-story is 'offensive'?
And said Journolist story "...destroying the credibility of journalism..."
Does this support your contention?

No, it shreds it. Clearly the behavior of these 'journalists'- liberals all, was scurrilous and merdivorous, and deserves to be met with odium, certainly not some sort of defense, as you have tried to do.

Of course, many of us would say it is too late to be "...destroying the credibility of journalism..." but that is another debate.

Further, "For his part, Simon seems critical of Journolist for tainting the media's professionalism -- a "holy calling" (although the most directly critical statement is the headline, "Journolist veers out of bounds"). An excerpt:

This may be the most embarrassing thing I have ever written — and looking back on my writing, there is a lot of competition for that dubious distinction — but when I became a reporter, it was almost a holy calling."

Read more: Does He Know Where He Works? MSNBC's Chuck Todd Upset 'Right' Would Confuse Professional Journalists with Activists | NewsBusters.org

There was some unintentional humor in the 'holy calling' comment.

I'm sure you feel that your opinion is on a par with Mr.Todds, but not on this matter. So your plaintive "The Jourolist scandal? That NON-story?" seems more the diaphanous wail of a hack partisan, with not much to recommend his opinions.

I'm sure the connection to the Obama administration would also remove the story from the "non-" catetory...so:
"The Daily Caller released a new JournoList scoop today, and this one's a doozy. It confirms that reporters on the liberal media listserv did in fact collaborate with political operatives and campaign officials to spin media coverage in favor of Barack Obama.

The latest piece further debunks JournoList founder Ezra Klein's claims - also taken on by this humble blogger - that the email list did not include campaign or government officials, and was not used to manufacture talking points.

In fact, two members of the Obama campaign, Jared Bernstein and Jason Furman, were JournoList members during the race. Jeff Hauser reportedly signed a number of JournoList emails "Campaign Manager, Shulman for Congress," while he worked on New Jersey Democratic congressional candidate Dennis Shulman's campaign."

Read more: JournoList | NewsBusters.org

Now, do write again...but do a better job next time.

Test

But I would appreciate a better job of defense, as the one you have used is worn out and flimsy.

NBC is one of the more left wing of the broadcasts MSM, and their sister station MSNBC even more so. I'm sure you wouldn't disagree...

This from Mr. Todd:
Journolist was pretty offensive. Those of us who are mainstream journalists got mixed in with journalists with an agenda. Those folks who thought they were improving journalism are destroying the credibility of journalism." FAIR Blog Blog Archive NBC's Chuck Todd, Sleepless and Depressed Over JournoList

No, it shreds it. Clearly the behavior of these 'journalists'- liberals all, was scurrilous and merdivorous, and deserves to be met with odium, certainly not some sort of defense, as you have tried to do.

Of course, many of us would say it is too late to be "...destroying the credibility of journalism..." but that is another debate.

Further, "For his part, Simon seems critical of Journolist for tainting the media's professionalism -- a "holy calling" (although the most directly critical statement is the headline, "Journolist veers out of bounds"). An excerpt:

This may be the most embarrassing thing I have ever written — and looking back on my writing, there is a lot of competition for that dubious distinction — but when I became a reporter, it was almost a holy calling."

Read more: Does He Know Where He Works? MSNBC's Chuck Todd Upset 'Right' Would Confuse Professional Journalists with Activists | NewsBusters.org

I'm sure you feel that your opinion is on a par with Mr.Todds, but not on this matter. So your plaintive "The Jourolist scandal? That NON-story?" seems more the diaphanous wail of a hack partisan, with not much to recommend his opinions.

I'm sure the connection to the Obama administration would also remove the story from the "non-" catetory...so:
"The Daily Caller released a new JournoList scoop today, and this one's a doozy. It confirms that reporters on the liberal media listserv did in fact collaborate with political operatives and campaign officials to spin media coverage in favor of Barack Obama.

The latest piece further debunks JournoList founder Ezra Klein's claims - also taken on by this humble blogger - that the email list did not include campaign or government officials, and was not used to manufacture talking points.

In fact, two members of the Obama campaign, Jared Bernstein and Jason Furman, were JournoList members during the race. Jeff Hauser reportedly signed a number of JournoList emails "Campaign Manager, Shulman for Congress," while he worked on New Jersey Democratic congressional candidate Dennis Shulman's campaign."

Journolist flap shows conservative media conspiracy, not liberal one

That's the real story behind the Journolist flap, no matter what you've read to the contrary on news sites, reputable or otherwise.

Consider today's lead story on the Daily Caller, the conservative site that's led the charge on the J-list "scandal." The story "exposes" a J-List thread in which the topic of some kind of journalistic coordination came up. It has this huge headline:

Journolist debates making its coordination with Obama explicit

But way down in the 13th paragaraph, the story quotes a post from the very same thread in which J-List founder and Post blogger Ezra Klein excplicitly rules out any such coordination:

Ezra Klein of the Washington Post, the founder of Journolist, quickly jumped in: "Nope, no message coordination. I'm not even sure that would be legal. This is a discussion list, though, and I want it to retain that character," he wrote.

In other words, the headline on this story could have been: "J-List founder ruled out conspiracy." That might not have been suitable as a lead story, however. Just pause for a moment to consider how amazingly misleading this is: The same thread in which the founder of J-List ruled out any conspiracy is the basis for an enormous headline claiming J-List "debated" making it a conspiracy!

Washington Post - Journolist flap shows conservative media conspiracy, not liberal one

Chuck Todd clarifies his criticism of Journolist

The diehards who are pointing to Journolist as proof of a Vast Left Wing Media Conspiracy were very excited this morning by a Politico article quoting Chuck Todd criticizing the list in fairly harsh terms. Todd ripped J-List as "offensive" and suggested its legacy is "destroying the credibility of journalism."

But I spoke today with Todd, and he told me that the Politico article didn't represent his full thoughts on the matter. Indeed, it's hard to see how anyone on the right could be cheered by what Todd actually thinks.

In particular, Todd clarified that the right's campaign to use Journolist to tar the entire mainstream media is more "disingenuous" than anything J-List did.

Todd stressed to me that he wasn't condoning what J-Listers appeared to do at times, for instance, when some J-Listers suggested message coordination. But he clarified that his primary concern is that the right is successfully using this to carry out its larger program of tarring the mainstream press as liberal.

"I understand what the purpose of the list was," Todd told me. "A minority of folks created a perception problem for the list. And there's clearly a campaign by some conservatives to use this."

The problem, Todd added, is that J-List created a "perception that the right's claim of a so-called liberal media conspiracy is true, which is not the case."

"There are clearly some on the right who are interested in delegitimizing a lot of the mainstream media for either their own gain or for something else," Todd continued. "And they're using this as their gotcha moment." (Full disclosure: I was once a J-List member.)

Relatedly, it's worth noting that the J-List flap does create an interesting dilemma for the likes of Todd. MSNBC, of course, is a primary target for right-wingers screaming about the liberal media. So any ammo the J-List affair gives to conservatives creates more problems for Todd and his network. That said, by hinting that he agrees with the right's take on J-List -- as he seemed to suggest to Politico -- Todd risks further legitimizing conservatives' larger argument, and by extension, their ongoing attack on MSNBC.

But it appears Todd has the balance right here: While a few J-Listers probably did screw up by suggesting coordination and lending the right ammo, the larger story is that the right is using this to their own ends in a fashion that's far more disingenuous than anything that ever happened on the list itself. The real media conspiracy here is on the right. It's a conspiracy to pretend that there's a story here when there isn't one.

Washington Post - Chuck Todd clarifies his criticism of Journolist

This from Mr. Todd:

That's the real story behind the Journolist flap, no matter what you've read to the contrary on news sites, reputable or otherwise.

Consider today's lead story on the Daily Caller, the conservative site that's led the charge on the J-list "scandal." The story "exposes" a J-List thread in which the topic of some kind of journalistic coordination came up. It has this huge headline:

But way down in the 13th paragaraph, the story quotes a post from the very same thread in which J-List founder and Post blogger Ezra Klein excplicitly rules out any such coordination:

Ezra Klein of the Washington Post, the founder of Journolist, quickly jumped in: "Nope, no message coordination. I'm not even sure that would be legal. This is a discussion list, though, and I want it to retain that character," he wrote.

In other words, the headline on this story could have been: "J-List founder ruled out conspiracy." That might not have been suitable as a lead story, however. Just pause for a moment to consider how amazingly misleading this is: The same thread in which the founder of J-List ruled out any conspiracy is the basis for an enormous headline claiming J-List "debated" making it a conspiracy!

Washington Post - Journolist flap shows conservative media conspiracy, not liberal one

The diehards who are pointing to Journolist as proof of a Vast Left Wing Media Conspiracy were very excited this morning by a Politico article quoting Chuck Todd criticizing the list in fairly harsh terms. Todd ripped J-List as "offensive" and suggested its legacy is "destroying the credibility of journalism."

But I spoke today with Todd, and he told me that the Politico article didn't represent his full thoughts on the matter. Indeed, it's hard to see how anyone on the right could be cheered by what Todd actually thinks.

In particular, Todd clarified that the right's campaign to use Journolist to tar the entire mainstream media is more "disingenuous" than anything J-List did.

Todd stressed to me that he wasn't condoning what J-Listers appeared to do at times, for instance, when some J-Listers suggested message coordination. But he clarified that his primary concern is that the right is successfully using this to carry out its larger program of tarring the mainstream press as liberal.

"I understand what the purpose of the list was," Todd told me. "A minority of folks created a perception problem for the list. And there's clearly a campaign by some conservatives to use this."

The problem, Todd added, is that J-List created a "perception that the right's claim of a so-called liberal media conspiracy is true, which is not the case."

"There are clearly some on the right who are interested in delegitimizing a lot of the mainstream media for either their own gain or for something else," Todd continued. "And they're using this as their gotcha moment." (Full disclosure: I was once a J-List member.)

Relatedly, it's worth noting that the J-List flap does create an interesting dilemma for the likes of Todd. MSNBC, of course, is a primary target for right-wingers screaming about the liberal media. So any ammo the J-List affair gives to conservatives creates more problems for Todd and his network. That said, by hinting that he agrees with the right's take on J-List -- as he seemed to suggest to Politico -- Todd risks further legitimizing conservatives' larger argument, and by extension, their ongoing attack on MSNBC.

But it appears Todd has the balance right here: While a few J-Listers probably did screw up by suggesting coordination and lending the right ammo, the larger story is that the right is using this to their own ends in a fashion that's far more disingenuous than anything that ever happened on the list itself. The real media conspiracy here is on the right. It's a conspiracy to pretend that there's a story here when there isn't one.

One of those rare moments for you, BoringFriendlessGuy: a pretty decent parry!

Decent, but falls short of a retraction of his earlier bashing of the liberal journolist listserv collaboration..

"Todd stressed to me that he wasn't condoning what J-Listers appeared to do at times, for instance, when some J-Listers suggested message coordination. But he clarified that his primary concern is that the right is successfully using this to carry out its larger program of tarring the mainstream press as liberal."

Sounds more like...

1. spinning the story

2. backtracking to keep his job at the low-life lib network

3. kind of like 'damning with faint praise'

4. and, sounds like you lefties are rally embarrassed. That's a good start.

One of those rare moments for you, BoringFriendlessGuy: a pretty decent parry!

Decent, but falls short of a retraction of his earlier bashing of the liberal journolist listserv collaboration..

"Todd stressed to me that he wasn't condoning what J-Listers appeared to do at times, for instance, when some J-Listers suggested message coordination. But he clarified that his primary concern is that the right is successfully using this to carry out its larger program of tarring the mainstream press as liberal."

Sounds more like...

1. spinning the story

2. backtracking to keep his job at the low-life lib network

3. kind of like 'damning with faint praise'

4. and, sounds like you lefties are rally embarrassed. That's a good start.

What has me rolling on the floor is the level of irony from you right wing dogma driven pea brains...

YOUR source is News Busters...where the founder is Executive Director of the Conservative Victory Committee (CVC), "an independent multi-candidate political action committee that has helped elect dozens of conservative candidates over the past ten years.

About NewsBusters.org
By NB Staff
Mon, 08/01/2005 - 07:35 ET

Welcome to NewsBusters, a project of the Media Research Center (MRC), the leader in documenting, exposing and neutralizing liberal media bias.

Read more: About NewsBusters.org | NewsBusters.org

Media Research Center Inc. (MRC) is a conservative media watchdog group run by president and founder Brent Bozell.

L. Brent Bozell III is the founder and President of the Media Research Center, which calls itself a conservative media watchdog organization.

Bozell is Executive Director of the Conservative Victory Committee (CVC), "an independent multi-candidate political action committee that has helped elect dozens of conservative candidates over the past ten years. He was National Finance Chairman for the 1992 Buchanan for President campaign, and Finance Director and later President of the former National Conservative Political Action Committee (NCPAC). He currently belongs to the Council for National Policy (CNP) and sits on the Board of Directors of the American Conservative Union (ACU)," his biographical note states.

Forum List

Back