Oh, no! Dr. Charles Sherrod goes after whitey!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The follow is Dr. Charles Sherrod, the husband of the recently fired USDA official.

The entire speech is a fascinating exposition...and worth listening to ...I'll bet Breitbart listened to the entire address.

Question...is it racist, or do we excuse ""We must stop the white man and his Uncle Toms from stealing our elections" (about minute 16) based on the context of this man's life.

And if so, do folks on the right get the same consideration?

[youtube] <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m22eXuYNbkY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m22eXuYNbkY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The follow is Dr. Charles Sherrod, the husband of the recently fired USDA official.

The entire speech is a fascinating exposition...and worth listening to ...I'll bet Breitbart listened to the entire address.

Question...is it racist, or do we excuse ""We must stop the white man and his Uncle Toms from stealing our elections" (about minute 16) based on the context of this man's life.

[youtube] <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m22eXuYNbkY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m22eXuYNbkY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

PC, if you had to live one minute in this man's shoes, you would be squealing like a wounded animal. You right wing morons are so self absorbed, and obtuse to the burdens and hatred others have faced it turns my stomach.

As a women, you should be sympathetic, but instead you trash the very people that struggled and died for the rights of ALL, including women.

3:55 into the speech, he mentions the murder of Emmitt Till...

THIS is what they did to this 14 year old boy

emtill.jpg

Emmett Louis "Bobo" Till (July 25, 1941 – August 28, 1955) was an African American boy from Chicago, Illinois, who was murdered at at the age of 14 in Money, Mississippi, a small town in the state's Delta region, after reportedly whistling at a white woman, Carolyn Bryant, at a small grocery store where Emmett and his cousins had bought some candy. Bryant was the wife of the store owner, Roy Bryant.

The murder of Emmett Till was noted as one of the leading events that motivated the American Civil Rights Movement. The main suspects, Roy Bryant and J.W. Milam, were acquitted by a jury of twelve white men, but later admitted they were responsible for the beating, torture, and murder of the black fourteen-year old and wanted to "make an example out of him."

The killers, J.W. Milam and Roy Bryant, are now deceased. Milam died on December 31, 1980 and is buried in Greenville, Mississippi. His obituary appeared in the Delta Democrat Times and made no mention of the Emmett Till murder. Roy Bryant died on September 1, 1991 and is buried in Ruleville, Mississippi. His obituary in the Bolviar Commercial also made no mention of the Emmett Till murder. Carolyn Bryant (now Donham) is alive and well in Greenville, Mississippi and refuses to discuss the events of August 28, 1955.

PC, if you had to live one minute in this man's shoes, you would be squealing like a wounded animal. You right wing morons are so self absorbed, and obtuse to the burdens and hatred others have faced it turns my stomach.

As a women, you should be sympathetic, but instead you trash the very people that struggled and died for the rights of ALL, including women.

Hey, how ya' been, BoringFriendlessGuy...?

Long time no see, er..post...but not long enough.

Now, take a long, slow look at your post, and perhps you will see how fearfull you seem of losing your lib-creds by even the teensy-weensy tiny bit of implied, no ...hinted... criticism of a black guy.

C'mon, man up!

1. "...the burdens and hatred others have faced it turns my stomach."
Now, you know there is not hatred evidenced, so it must be how you have to tip toe on eggshells to defend the racist parts of the speech.

2. "...You right wing morons are so self absorbed,..."
Isn't it becoming a bit stale, you know, the less than civil language that is an attempt to show how outraged you are, and how you can barely contain yourself in the need to defend our darker brethren?

3. So....what is the reason you feel Dr. Sherrod needs defense? Was he being (shutter) racist? (add 'toccata and fugue in D' here)

4. Now be careful, (pat on head) there's a fine line between being a good little liberal, and showing, what I's seeing: The condescension here is thick enough to use as spackle,…

5. "...you should be sympathetic..."
Does that mean give a pass, as in not hold to the same degree of responsibility as white folks???
Hey, what happened to the 'equality' stuff?

6. "...if you had to live one minute in this man's shoes,..."
I didn't know you read my biography...aren't you proud of me?
Oh, I get it, you have fantasized some scenario where the good Dr. Sherrod lived a life of mysery, and I hit the jackpot in Vegas.

7. "...you trash the very people..."
Could you show this aspect of the post? Otherwise, you know, it looks like you're making things up...we don't want any damage done to your reputation. Oops...too late for that.

8. So I guess white folks who tray off the reservation, you know, slip of the tongue, no consideration for those folks, huh?
But what do you have to say about the black folks he insulted...Uncle Toms?

So, in short, Boring- If I can call you by your first name?...I just love making you libs dance up an down, and play the posters' equivalent of Twister, but, all in all, yours was a really dumb, empty, post...

Glad you worked up to ability.

Ta Ta

3:55 into the speech, he mentions the murder of Emmitt Till...

THIS is what they did to this 14 year old boy

emtill.jpg

Emmett Louis "Bobo" Till (July 25, 1941 – August 28, 1955) was an African American boy from Chicago, Illinois, who was murdered at at the age of 14 in Money, Mississippi, a small town in the state's Delta region, after reportedly whistling at a white woman, Carolyn Bryant, at a small grocery store where Emmett and his cousins had bought some candy. Bryant was the wife of the store owner, Roy Bryant.

The murder of Emmett Till was noted as one of the leading events that motivated the American Civil Rights Movement. The main suspects, Roy Bryant and J.W. Milam, were acquitted by a jury of twelve white men, but later admitted they were responsible for the beating, torture, and murder of the black fourteen-year old and wanted to "make an example out of him."

The killers, J.W. Milam and Roy Bryant, are now deceased. Milam died on December 31, 1980 and is buried in Greenville, Mississippi. His obituary appeared in the Delta Democrat Times and made no mention of the Emmett Till murder. Roy Bryant died on September 1, 1991 and is buried in Ruleville, Mississippi. His obituary in the Bolviar Commercial also made no mention of the Emmett Till murder. Carolyn Bryant (now Donham) is alive and well in Greenville, Mississippi and refuses to discuss the events of August 28, 1955.

I'm familiar with the Till case...
American history is one of my interests....

and you're explaining that because....

oh, yeah...you have to puff in and out and make believe that you are so motivated by the rage that you and Dr. Sherrod feel when you see conservative folks...

Calm down, you get full lib creds.

Does the Doc get a pass no matter what he says?

Just askin'

Once upon a time a white mans daughter was raped by a black man. Does that guy get a pass?

Once upon a time a white person got cheated out of a promotion for reverse discrimination? Does he get a pass?

Yes everyones a little bit racist. But if people are going to throw around the race card for political and financial gain, then all cards are gonna have to be used. Both sides can stop now or else its an eye for an eye.

Its sad how this engineered strategy is backfiring and the only losers will be those that are truly victims.

PC...I hear nothing racist in his words. I hear a narrative very common to blacks of his generation. In war, there are no unwounded soldiers. For blacks that lived through the 50's and 60's, there are no unwounded souls. There is a lot of wisdom in his words. Maybe you should listen and try to imagine what his life was like. I hear a man of peace that experienced the fear of being beaten, harassed and arrested by police that openly discriminated against blacks. And his solution was to turn to his belief in God. Another very common trait of blacks.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Once upon a time a white mans daughter was raped by a black man. Does that guy get a pass?

Once upon a time a white person got cheated out of a promotion for reverse discrimination? Does he get a pass?

Yes everyones a little bit racist. But if people are going to throw around the race card for political and financial gain, then all cards are gonna have to be used. Both sides can stop now or else its an eye for an eye.

Its sad how this engineered strategy is backfiring and the only losers will be those that are truly victims.

Chanel, I can actually see the motivations of folks who use such devices for political and financial gain, but I find it actually fascinating when block-head liberals imitate moral indignation as an 'I'm a better person than you because I have this huge reservoir of sympathy of my black brothers and sisters..."

Our friend Boring posts as though he were copying a script...

Now, Dr. Sherrod has, in certain judicious ways, demanded a pay-off for wounds to his group.
And, of course, Jesse Jackson and Sharpton, the same.

But "Both sides can stop now or else its an eye for an eye" will not happen as long as the ploy results in the political or financial gain, or weakness is evinced by the group/individuals against whom it is being used.

The use of differences between people seems to be in the nature of human beings. The best one can hope for is moderation of the strategy.

PC...I hear nothing racist in his words. I hear a narrative very common to blacks of his generation. In war, there are no unwounded soldiers. For blacks that lived through the 50's and 60's, there are no unwounded souls. There is a lot of wisdom in his words. Maybe you should listen and try to imagine what his life was like. I hear a man of peace that experienced the fear of being beaten, harassed and arrested by police that openly discriminated against blacks. And his solution was to turn to his belief in God. Another very common trait of blacks.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well, good, you seem to have calmed down..

As I said, it was a fascinating exposition.
But most of us grew up with 'two wrongs don't make a right.'

Consider what Chanel said about both sides. Dr. Sherrod seems to be living in the 1940's...
and you should give some consideration to both the blacks who he is ready to insult because they don't agree with him, and the white males who are, today, subject to discrimination and bias...
they died in greater numbers in the Civil War, they voted for Civil Rights, and they are shut out of the schools and jobs of their choice by government actions.

In summary, if it would have been wrong for a white speaker to cast aspirsion about blacks in the speech, then it is equally- and I use 'equally' pointedly- for a black speaker to do the same to whites.

It is a mistake to treat blacks and Hispanics by different standards from the rest of society. Christopher Lasch makes that point in denouncing the idea that “respect for cultural diversity forbids us to impose the standards of privileged groups on the victims of oppression….[this is] clearly a recipe for universal incompetence…” Christopher Lasch, “The Revolt of the Elites and the Betrayal of Democracy,” p. 84-85
Obviously, he is saying that if standards are lowered for minorities, they will eventually be lowered for everyone.

The same for cultural history.

Here's your problem chanel...the 'engineered strategy' is coming from the right, not the left.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well, good, you seem to have calmed down..

As I said, it was a fascinating exposition.
But most of us grew up with 'two wrongs don't make a right.'

Consider what Chanel said about both sides. Dr. Sherrod seems to be living in the 1940's...
and you should give some consideration to both the blacks who he is ready to insult because they don't agree with him, and the white males who are, today, subject to discrimination and bias...
they died in greater numbers in the Civil War, they voted for Civil Rights, and they are shut out of the schools and jobs of their choice by government actions.

In summary, if it would have been wrong for a white speaker to cast aspirsion about blacks in the speech, then it is equally- and I use 'equally' pointedly- for a black speaker to do the same to whites.

It is a mistake to treat blacks and Hispanics by different standards from the rest of society. Christopher Lasch makes that point in denouncing the idea that “respect for cultural diversity forbids us to impose the standards of privileged groups on the victims of oppression….[this is] clearly a recipe for universal incompetence…” Christopher Lasch, “The Revolt of the Elites and the Betrayal of Democracy,” p. 84-85
Obviously, he is saying that if standards are lowered for minorities, they will eventually be lowered for everyone.

The same for cultural history.

Actually, much of the discrimination he talks about is recent. You would have heard it IF you had listened with the intent to learn. Instead, you only listened to glean what serves your political agenda, as usual for you PC. To scare white voters into electing right wing authoritarians.

NNPA: This has catapulted this whole question, this whole race debate before the nation, but what do we do with it, where do we go from here, what can actually move us forward on this issue of race?

Charles Sherrod: We’ve taken a first step. The first step is to confront each other; look each other in the mirror, I as a Black person and others, whatever hues they are, whatever has made you what you are, sitting down at a table with somebody across the table on an equal basis. That’s the key. Can we talk together in our society on an equal basis, accepting all the powers that you may have with all the powers that I may have, sitting down and making a conversation? That’s got to occur all over the country though. And occurring all over the country means it occurs in newspapers, it occurs in magazines, it occurs in TV forums, various media groups like CNN to push it. Just about every one of their programs had it on. All of the media has got to do this. We all have got to do this.
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Sherrods Tell Black Press Where America Must Go From Here

We all know everything about this woman will be under a microscope...ok. Fair enough..

I hope she sues Breitbart out of existance!

why is it so many libs justify black racism because of something a white person(s) did to them? yet, you will not hear them justify white racism because of something a black person (s) did to them.

amazing, truly amazing. with attitudes like that, racial issues will continue at ridiculous levels in this country

We all know everything about this woman will be under a microscope...ok. Fair enough..

I hope she sues Breitbart out of existance!

its funny....you keep claiming that will happen, YET...it hasn't happened....

look at how quck your lefty news outlets did that to joe the plumber....but i bet you support that

There are a number of reasons why Mrs Sherrod cannot sue Breitbart for defamation of character.

Here's your problem chanel...the 'engineered strategy' is coming from the right, not the left.

Sometimes there is a post that is so absurd, so out of touch with reality, on a wavelength unknown to any cognizant human on this planet, that it jaw-dropping in its idiocy.

This post is the winner.

Have you missed the Jourolist scandal?

This very video in the OP?

The very essence of the Democrat Party: Identity Politics.

All left wing 'engineered strategy' ...

What is wrong with you????

Forum List

Back