Oh no a hurricanne is heading to Texas!!!

dilloduck said:
You bet---I'll go get the folks lined up for ya and tell em that you gottem covered ! :funnyface

Funny. I hope it misses you guys and heads for Mexico. Better yet make a U turn and hit Cuba. Well since I'm of Cuban heritage I feel sorry for those folks...let's just make it into a cat. 7 and hit Castro's palaces. :eek:

rcajun90 said:
Funny. I hope it misses you guys and heads for Mexico. Better yet make a U turn and hit Cuba. Well since I'm of Cuban heritage I feel sorry for those folks...let's just make it into a cat. 7 and hit Castro's palaces. :eek:

:beer:

rcajun90 said:

So long as it doesn't destroy the Vuelta Abajo cigar tobacco fields!
:eek2: :cry:

Mr. P said:
Don't bet on it cajun. One model has it hitting the west side of LA.

A this point they never know what those things are going to do. I don't get to nervous about a cat. 2 but when you start getting to 3 and up it's time to be concerned. I like so many people didn't pack much because all my life I've been running from these things with little or no damage. I figured it was going to be a two day deal. Thank God my house was spared.

rcajun90 said:
A this point they never know what those things are going to do. ....
LOL...They never did know. That's why they were always named after a women (up until 1978), cuz like woman, ya just didn't know WHAT the hell she was gonna do.

GunnyL said:
Great. First we have half of NO in town, now we're going to get a bunch of coasties too.

You wouldn't open your hearts, homes and wallets to your fellow Texans? They can come over here to Mandeville. I got ten already. What's another 100,000?
I really don't understand the lack of compassion. :(

rcajun90 said:
You wouldn't open your hearts, homes and wallets to your fellow Texans? They can come over here to Mandeville. I got ten already. What's another 100,000?
I really don't understand the lack of compassion. :(

Dude, relax. Think humor. I think I've done my fair share and probably someone else's in regard to supporting the hurricane evacuees we have here. I just haven't seen cause to publicly pat myself on the back for it, nor start a tit-for-tat game of one-upsmanship. We did what we could, simple as that.

If a hurricane hits the Texas Coast, we will again do what we can.

GunnyL said:
Dude, relax. Think humor. I think I've done my fair share and probably someone else's in regard to supporting the hurricane evacuees we have here. I just haven't seen cause to publicly pat myself on the back for it, nor start a tit-for-tat game of one-upsmanship. We did what we could, simple as that.

If a hurricane hits the Texas Coast, we will again do what we can.

Gotcha. Everyone here is still bit on edge. The Wal-Mart is open but they are only letting so many people in at a time. It's almost normal here but we still aren't there yet. Sorry I took it the wrong way.

rcajun90 said:
Gotcha. Everyone here is still bit on edge. The Wal-Mart is open but they are only letting so many people in at a time. It's almost normal here but we still aren't there yet. Sorry I took it the wrong way.

No problem. I spent most of my teenage years in Miami. Been in your shoes more than once. It's not fun when you're on the receiving end.

GunnyL said:
No problem. I spent most of my teenage years in Miami. Been in your shoes more than once. It's not fun when you're on the receiving end.

No it's not fun. I go to work at 4:30 this morning and as you can tell by the time of this post, I can't sleep. I'm only eating one meal a day and it's not because I don't have food but because of nerves. I guess most of the people on this board have never had their world turned upside down. Yet I have been blessed by God when compared to others. I always thought of America as a big family. Sure we fight sometimes but when disaster strikes you can always count on them. By most of the posts on this board I no longer believe that to be true.

rcajun90 said:
No it's not fun. I go to work at 4:30 this morning and as you can tell by the time of this post, I can't sleep. I'm only eating one meal a day and it's not because I don't have food but because of nerves. I guess most of the people on this board have never had their world turned upside down. Yet I have been blessed by God when compared to others. I always thought of America as a big family. Sure we fight sometimes but when disaster strikes you can always count on them. By most of the posts on this board I no longer believe that to be true.

If you think this board is an accurate reflection of America, God have mercy upon your soul.

Forum List

Back