Oh MY! You Have a BIG

You've got scads more money than you ever imagined you'd be making and all the toys that go along with it.

You show up in city after city and tens of thousands of people scream out your name.

Hundreds of toadies live only to serve you.

Scores of people who wouldn't have given you the time of day when you were first coming up will have sex with you and don't CARE if you don't make them cum, too.

You can and probably do a lot of drugs.

Damned few of us would NOT develop a serious EGO under those circumstances, methinks.

Some of us could capitalize on that inflated ego by manipulating the media to pander to it.

You've got scads more money than you ever imagined you'd be making and all the toys that go along with it.

You show up in city after city and tens of thousands of people scream out your name.

Hundreds of toadies live only to serve you.

Scores of people who wouldn't have given you the time of day when you were first coming up will have sex with you and don't CARE if you don't make them cum, too.

You can and probably do a lot of drugs.

Damned few of us would NOT develop a serious EGO under those circumstances, methinks.

Some of us could capitalize on that inflated ego by manipulating the media to pander to it.

is this another Obama thread?
:eusa_whistle:

I don't know whop Eddie Vedder is, but Neil Young isn't exactly lacking an EGO.

I don't know whop Eddie Vedder is, but Neil Young isn't exactly lacking an EGO.

Ah, but he makes this world a better place!

Eddie Vedder tried to fight Ticket Master for their over-gauging of fans for one, and shys away from the press.

Neither has ever sold out to corporate America either.

NOT selling our to corporate America is pretty much my definition of a healthy ego.

Ah, but he makes this world a better place!

Eddie Vedder tried to fight Ticket Master for their over-gauging of fans for one, and shys away from the press.

Neither has ever sold out to corporate America either.

He signed a deal with a major record label. That was sell-out number one.

Then he did videos on MTV, and then claimed he didn't like them so didn't do anymore. Then he did Unplugged. That was sell-out number 2.

And then did just one more video, but somehow it was supposed to be ok because it was just a cartoon. That was sell-out number 3.

You can't necessarily say Vedder didn't sell out to corporate America. He wouldn't be where he is today if he didn't.

Last edited:
He signed a deal with a major record label. That was sell-out number one.

Then he did videos on MTV, and then claimed he didn't like them so didn't do anymore. Then he did Unplugged. That was sell-out number 2.

And then did just one more video, but somehow it was supposed to be ok because it was just a cartoon. That was sell-out number 3.

You can't necessarily say Vedder didn't sell out to corporate America. He wouldn't be where he is today if he didn't.

Well, yeah, he does want to make money with his music, what musician doesn't.

I guess I meant selling his songs for commercis, ala "Like a Rock" and "My Country" and anything by the Who.....................

Well, yeah, he does want to make money with his music, what musician doesn't.

I guess I meant selling his songs for commercis, ala "Like a Rock" and "My Country" and anything by the Who.....................

A lot of money can be made without a major label if you have the drive and the motivation.

A major label considers 100,000 copies of an album sold a failure. If you do that independently on each album you produce, you would be doing quite well for yourself. At $10 a piece, that's a gross of $1 million.

Forum List

Back