Oh My! Perhaps McCain Misspoke?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Link to video at site:

http://tapscottscopydesk.blogspot.com/2006/04/mccain-says-clean-government-more.html

Saturday, April 29, 2006
McCain Says "Clean Government" More Important Than First Amendment

Did you catch Sen. John McCain, R-AZ, on the Imus Show responding to criticism from Talk Radio's Michael Graham? Here's the key quote:

"He [Michael Graham] also mentioned my abridgement of First Amendment rights, i.e. talking about campaign finance reform....I know that money corrupts....I would rather have a clean government than one where quote First Amendment rights are being respected, that has become corrupt. If I had my choice, I’d rather have the clean government."

Is there any remaining doubt that McCain thinks your core rights are less important than his idea of "clean government"?

I will NEVER vote for this guy for anything ... except the title "retired Arizona senator."

Well, i knew McCain wasn't going to win the nomination, but I think he just sealed his doom. I mean all someone has to do is put that clip in an advertisement and boom he is done for...

Wait, I forgot. McCain already made it so its illegal to criticize a politician before an election. Nevermind.

Forum List

Back