Oh my God

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by theim, Nov 10, 2004.

1. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
  2. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

Those chippers are some unforgiving bastards. You gotta be smarter than the machine.

3. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Back in my college days, I worked as a part attendant. One day, we had to shred old Christmas trees with a wood chipper. I have to tell you, that machine could reduce an 8 foot Christmas tree into a pile of toothpicks before you could blink your eye (literally). We were told to let go of a tree as soon as felt the chipper "pull" and for good reason.

I hate to say this, but the guy was standing on the chute of the chipper.... if that wasn't a dumb thing to do, then nothing is. It's no wonder that he was killed.

I'm sure that there will be a lawsuit as a result of this.

P.S. if I recall correctly, wasn't the shredder one of Saddam's favorite ways of getting rid of political enemies? Technically, it was a plastic shredder, but that isn't much different.

4. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

I can't remember all the details, but a few years back there was a murder case involving a wood chipper. A man murdered his wife and stuck her body in the freezer. Later, with her body, and - of course - her blood, frozen solid, he went about the leisurely task of cutting her up - no fuss, no muss. He then fed the pieces into a rented chipper, disposed of the remains, returned the chipper, and went about his business. Seems like the perfect crime, but he managed to get himself caught somehow. Do you remember it?

5. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    This guy just got my vote for the Darwin Awards this year!

:rotflmao:

I wonder if he was wearing a safety hat? Let's see big thing designed to tear apart trees, something gets stuck in it. What do I do?

1. Kick the tree in the hope that the machine will begin to work while standing on top of the opening in which I put the material that will be shredded?

2. Turn off the machine, remove the blockage, turn back on the machine while standing in a safe location?

This guy must not have had a blender or he wouldn't have any hands. Oh wait, I can't know that they said nothing about any hands in the story and maybe that was why he was kicking the tree while standing over the opening.

6. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    hopefully he didnt breed. Sheesh. Just thinking of it makes me ill. That is a horrible way to go.

7. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Karl is right, though. You just know that, somewhere, a trial lawyer is gathering information. Payday is just around the corner.

8. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    And, as a result of the bonanza, the quality of all of our lives will be diminished in some way. Such is life in the U.S.A..

9. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    actaully that was in iowa. it was a doctor who had recently gotten out of prison for that offense. the news stations had a story on him because as on out of work chiro (i think he was a chiro anyway) he couldnt find work...lol

10. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

A chiro, huh? Not surprising - he really knows how to manipulate dem bones!
    :chains: