~Oh My God What A Pig~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
My son took me out to eat tonight, we went to Applebee's.
They ordered the large appetizer sampler platter and then we ordered our dinners....then he ordered each of us desserts.
I barely ate any appetizers........could not finish my steak, try as I might...and the dessert....was enough to feed 2 or 3 people alone.
So....my tummy is full.....I feel awful......I had to go walking thru a store afterwards, trying to walk off what I consumed :lol:

Why do we do that??
Eat ourselves so full, so we can barely move after??

Did you eat a lot of pasta and bread? Since ditching the bread, wheat, starches and flours that bloated, gassy feeling hasn't returned.

You're stuffing yourself uncomfortably full because your eating non-nutritive food. Your body is looking for nutrition but you feed it empty calories so the brain signals you to keep eating in the hope you'll feed it something good.

I eat beef, fish, chicken and pork with plenty of vegetables and many days I only need two meals because I just don't get hungry.

Cut out all breads and cereals for a week and see how you feel then.

I bet you're a cute little piggy, Dabs...

The one that had the roast beef? ;)

If we ever go out of town we take the cooler and some ice. There's always leftovers.
I can't eat near as much as I get older.
But I have been known to down an entire Admiral's Feast from Red Lobo.
Oh- and the braised short ribs from Oivio Gardano.

Did you eat a lot of pasta and bread? Since ditching the bread, wheat, starches and flours that bloated, gassy feeling hasn't returned.

You're stuffing yourself uncomfortably full because your eating non-nutritive food. Your body is looking for nutrition but you feed it empty calories so the brain signals you to keep eating in the hope you'll feed it something good.

I eat beef, fish, chicken and pork with plenty of vegetables and many days I only need two meals because I just don't get hungry.

Cut out all breads and cereals for a week and see how you feel then.

Actually I had the garlic steak, cooked medium...with a side of garlic mashed potatoes and a mushroom filled with cheese and spinach....no bread at all.
I ate a tad bit of spinach/artichoke dip as the appetizer, with a few chips, but not many at all.
And the dessert....well, I left half of it....it was a warm apple pie with a crumbly topping, served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and then served with a small bowl of caramel sauce which you pour over the entire dessert.

Oh, and I never eat cereal btw......

I don't why DO people eat so much they feel uncomfortable?

I seldom do.

Off topic, sort of, but a tip for tomorrow. Bison burgers or bison hot dogs. We bought them at CostCo to see how they tasted so as to offer the dogs tomorrow as small bites - cut each into three or four pieces and stick 'em with a tooth pick. I grilled the package of six and we ate them all up. Not fatty, greasy or soggy, they are really tasty - less fat, less Cholesterol, more protein and only 170 calories. I had the first one naked, and the second one in warp with lettuce, red onion and banana peppers. Needless to say I need to fight the mob at CostCo today and buy more.

Bison burgers don't have the full flavor of good old 80/20 ground sirloin, but, are plenty tasty and healthier when served on a bun with all the fixings.

I bet you're a cute little piggy, Dabs...

The one that had the roast beef? ;)

If we ever go out of town we take the cooler and some ice. There's always leftovers.
I can't eat near as much as I get older.
But I have been known to down an entire Admiral's Feast from Red Lobo.
Oh- and the braised short ribs from Oivio Gardano.

No the one that went WHEEEEEEE!!!

[youtube]6be-I_lqjUs[/youtube]

lol i like that one....

i was taught to clean my plate....to not take more food than i can eat......i have finally given into the to go box...

some places just think a heavy plate equals good food...it doesnt

lol i like that one....

i was taught to clean my plate....to not take more food than i can eat......i have finally given into the to go box...

some places just think a heavy plate equals good food...it doesnt
So was I. It applied only at home though. When a guest at someone's table, we were to leave a bite or two of each serving to let them know we had enough without refusing an offer of more. When dining out, we didn't have to clean the plate. I usually do anyway.

If you eat a lot more slowly and take in a big glass of water before the meal, you will feel full quicker and quit eating.

Oink Oink

My son took me out to eat tonight, we went to Applebee's.
They ordered the large appetizer sampler platter and then we ordered our dinners....then he ordered each of us desserts.
I barely ate any appetizers........could not finish my steak, try as I might...and the dessert....was enough to feed 2 or 3 people alone.
So....my tummy is full.....I feel awful......I had to go walking thru a store afterwards, trying to walk off what I consumed :lol:

Why do we do that??
Eat ourselves so full, so we can barely move after??

I eat one full meal a day and then snack....

I have an abnormally high metabolism, so I should actually be "pigging out."

I need something like 6,000 calories a day to keep my weight...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back