Oh My God--DNC is attacking the American Populace in new add regarding health bill

The more I think about this and the more I read about it, the more concerned I get by the gestapo running Pennsylvania Ave. If some Democrats don't quickly suggest to Obama that that gets pulled down and the threats of data collection stop, for the first time I think there credence in those I previously considered fringe elements.

I've never heard of such behavior, in public, by an administration. When I first read some of this last night, this morning, I though it had to be spin. It isn't.

Actually, one thing that has me sleeping a bit better lately is that the outrage is finally about real things like this, instead of a dinner trip or something else lame. I mentioned in such lame outrage threads about this shit, told everyone there is some reason why those stories were focused on so much ... I hate being right because I am just to jaded.

Now maybe we will see a possible reclaiming of power for the people?

Well you and me both. It's seldom I read about birther stuff, dinner stuff, pizza stuff, shoe stuff, mom pants, etc. Not saying I don't, I really couldn't understand the pizza fly in, when he could have done it with a Chicago vendor. ;)

For the rest, seems a press created diversion to give 'talking points' to the extremes on both ends.

This now, this is outrageous beyond imho the health care, tarp, cap and trade. It's an implied threat to anyone disagreeing publicly with the administration and so many Democrats seem so willing to fly with it. Next we'll find they haven't a problem with packing SCOTUS, after all, he WAS elected.

Especially when he has an Armand's Pizza 3 blocks from his house that does a very good Chicago style pizza. LOL....it got me through law school. Ate it practically everyday for lunch.

I too think the side issues are an over-played distraction from what should be our focus, the actual policies this guy is trying to ram through. I must say though, the news yesterday issued the results of a poll and less than a majority of Virginians are sure Obama was born in the US. This seriously amazed me. I had no idea this birth certificate thing had the kind of legs that it apparently has.

Not gonna say you're wrong, since the Repubs did it themselves over a different issue. At the same time, I think it's likely the people who staged these townhall harassments are gonna have it backfire on them, too...if it hasn't started already.
It will not, simply because of the 'boy who tried wolf' syndrome, Obama has gone to that well far to often.

In and of itself that statement smacks of arrogance.
Not at all, since I am not a Republican, but an observer opposed to BOTH parties, thus when i say this, i say it objectivly.

That wouldn't necessarily make you any more objective since even if opposed, your ideological leanings might make you more sympathetic to one over the other.

I don't care for either party and belong to none - in fact I'd love to see more then two parties in the system, but I'll admit I tend to lean more towards the Democrats positions on many issues then the GoP's and I am sure that would make me less then impartial.

The Congressional Democrats are currently behaving with the same arrogance of presumed mandate that the Republicans did before them...and the Republicans are engaging in the same partisan obstructionism as they accused the Democrats of doing. With a few notable exceptions (like Lindsay Graham) - they are all doing their best to continue the bitter partisan squabbling that has marked the last decade and disgusted much of their electorate. Regardless of how the public feels about that particular bill - it is only one bill, which will have to be reconciled with the bill from the other chamber and witih the President - the public, by a substantial margin does feel the status quo of healthcare needs some sort of change and those who are disrupting the townhall meetings seem to forget that. It's not Obama "crying wolf" - it's partisan fighting and purely ideological obstruction that is more likely to backfire.
I would be interested in how you came to the conclusion that the Republicans are obstructing the Democrats.

As it stands right now, the Republicans simply cannot stop the Democrats from doing anything.

Forum List

Back