Oh My GOD AAHHHHHHH!

Well if you're talking about the Northern hemisphere somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000 are calved each year from between 20 major glaciers between the Jacobshaven and Humboldt Glaciers. Now you're going to say "well global warming is making them melt faster". And then I will say yes they were melting faster until 1998 and now they are rebounding again and growing larger, and then you'll no doubt call me a ******* liar and then I'll point out a whole bunch of evidence that you won't believe so I'll just leave it at that.

The University of Leeds sent this out. My god at the rate of oceanic rise they predict it will only take....wait for it.......I said wait for it.......526 YEARS to rise one inch....AHHHHH!

University of Leeds - Melting icebergs causing sea level rise

that is only the effect of the floating icebergs melting.

where do icebergs come from?

Well if you're talking about the Northern hemisphere somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000 are calved each year from between 20 major glaciers between the Jacobshaven and Humboldt Glaciers. Now you're going to say "well global warming is making them melt faster". And then I will say yes they were melting faster until 1998 and now they are rebounding again and growing larger, and then you'll no doubt call me a ******* liar and then I'll point out a whole bunch of evidence that you won't believe so I'll just leave it at that.

The University of Leeds sent this out. My god at the rate of oceanic rise they predict it will only take....wait for it.......I said wait for it.......526 YEARS to rise one inch....AHHHHH!

University of Leeds - Melting icebergs causing sea level rise

that is only the effect of the floating icebergs melting.

where do icebergs come from?

i see you got it all figured out, wailing wall.

Sensitive to Sea-level Rise? New Report Sheds Light

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, in collaboration with NOAA and U.S. Geological Survey, recently released a report that discusses the impacts of sea-level rise on the coast, coastal communities, and the habitats and species that depend on coastal areas, with a focus on the eight coastal states from New York to North Carolina.

Sea level is rising, and there is evidence that the rate of rise is accelerating. Climate change is likely to speed up the rate of sea-level rise during the next century. From increased flooding of low-lying areas, to greater impacts from coastal storms, eroding shorelines, and the conversion of wetlands to open water, rising seas can have serious impacts on coastal communities and habitats.

The report, Coastal Sensitivity to Sea-level Rise: A Focus on the Mid-Atlantic Region, uses scientific literature and policy documents to describe potential changes to barrier islands, wetlands, other coastal habitat, and vulnerable species; societal impacts and implications of sea-level rise; decisions that may be sensitive to sea-level rise; opportunities for adaptation; and institutional barriers to adaptation. It also outlines current coastal policy in the mid-Atlantic region and describes the implications for the other regions of the United States. The report also discusses opportunities for natural and social science research to enhance understanding of potential impacts of sea-level rise and society’s ability to respond.

Key findings

Here's a scientist that you will probably relate quite well with. He exhibits all of the fine qualities of most climateologists we see today....

Trofim Lysenko
While his experiments did not result in mass deaths, Lysenko is noteable for his utter dishonesty in the field of Science that ultimately set the Soviet Union back decades in research. Lysenko was director of the Institute of Genetics and specialized in agricultural research. Lysenko’s habit was to report only successes. His results were based on extremely small samples, inaccurate records, and the almost total absence of control groups. There can be no doubt that there has never been such an abuse of the name of science(till Mann, Jones, Hansen etc.) as that of Lysenko. Here is a quote:

“In order to obtain a certain result, You must want to obtain precisely that result; if you want to obtain a certain result, you will obtain it …. I need only such people as will obtain the results I need.” Lysenko

Sensitive to Sea-level Rise? New Report Sheds Light

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, in collaboration with NOAA and U.S. Geological Survey, recently released a report that discusses the impacts of sea-level rise on the coast, coastal communities, and the habitats and species that depend on coastal areas, with a focus on the eight coastal states from New York to North Carolina.

Sea level is rising, and there is evidence that the rate of rise is accelerating. Climate change is likely to speed up the rate of sea-level rise during the next century. From increased flooding of low-lying areas, to greater impacts from coastal storms, eroding shorelines, and the conversion of wetlands to open water, rising seas can have serious impacts on coastal communities and habitats.

The report, Coastal Sensitivity to Sea-level Rise: A Focus on the Mid-Atlantic Region, uses scientific literature and policy documents to describe potential changes to barrier islands, wetlands, other coastal habitat, and vulnerable species; societal impacts and implications of sea-level rise; decisions that may be sensitive to sea-level rise; opportunities for adaptation; and institutional barriers to adaptation. It also outlines current coastal policy in the mid-Atlantic region and describes the implications for the other regions of the United States. The report also discusses opportunities for natural and social science research to enhance understanding of potential impacts of sea-level rise and society’s ability to respond.

Key findings

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back