Oh Mom, It's Just Drill Team - You Can't Get Hurt On Drill Team

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
WICHITA, Kan. Sep 21, 2005 — One person required stitches and a mother and son were arrested after two drill teams began brawling during an impromptu "dance off," Wichita police said.

"This is a whole new arena" of crime, said Wichita police Lt. Jeff Easter.

The Dynamic Steppers, a Wichita drill team, were practicing routines Saturday night when members of another drill team, the White Tigers, showed up and challenged the others to a "dance-off," police said.

When the challengers appeared to be losing, a woman struck a 17-year-old Dynamic Steppers drummer in the face with a drumstick, Easter said.

The teen, who had left the White Tigers to join the Dynamic Steppers, punched the 28-year-old woman in the face. He then ran toward his Ford Explorer and tried to run over spectators, witnesses told police.

The boy's mother, who is a Dynamic Steppers coach, grabbed a box cutter and sliced the other woman's right arm, Easter said. The wound required eight stitches.

An estimated 50 people became involved in the altercation, although only two were facing charges on Monday.

The mother was booked on suspicion of aggravated battery for cutting the other woman, Easter said, and the son faced charges of simple assault and aggravated assault. More charges are possible, police said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1145647

:eek: A real life "You Got Served?"! The crappiest movie on the planet has an actual basis in reality?!!!

:rotflmao:

I haven't seen it yet, but the movie coming called "Rollbounce"...wow that shit looks really REALLY gay.

It's about black kids and grown ups dancing while rollerskating...I just wanna know how many black people are gonna be blushing when they see this shit, it's their version of Grease, lol. (Disclaimer: That was not meant as a racist comment :eek: )

USMCDevilDog said:
I haven't seen it yet, but the movie coming called "Rollbounce"...wow that shit looks really REALLY gay.

It's about black kids and grown ups dancing while rollerskating...I just wanna know how many black people are gonna be blushing when they see this shit, it's their version of Grease, lol. (Disclaimer: That was not meant as a racist comment :eek: )

Hear hear to Grease being REALLY gay. Can we throw West Side Story in while we're at it?

Thanks.

The ClayTaurus said:
Hear hear to Grease being REALLY gay. Can we throw West Side Story in while we're at it?

Thanks.

When you're a Jet you're a Jet from your first cigarette to your last dying daaaaaaaay!

:dance:

Yeah, that's pretty gay.

"You just got f'd in the a"

2005_0217_yougotserved.jpg

no1tovote4 said:
When you're a Jet you're a Jet from your first cigarette to your last dying daaaaaaaay!

:dance:

Yeah, that's pretty gay.

That came on last Saturday. It was the first time I've ever seen it and my girl was like "Just bear with it for a little bit it gets good", but I just couldn't stand the ballet gangsters, it was a little too homo for me. Oh and of course the spanish girls with their mouse like voices yelling "I WANT TO LIVE IN AMEREECA"

West Side Story tops my charts as being the most homosexual movie ever because it combines ballet and singing with what's supposed to be a hardcore gang...all I have to say to the director is...what.....the....fuck?

The ClayTaurus said:

Thanks.

I liked "Grease"...maybe because I grew up in the late 50's and 60's like the oldie songs...and Olivia is kinda sorta cute...girl next door look...but will agree with ya on "West Side Story"..damn guys dancing around and singing with switcblades in hand...they forgot to put them in ballerina tou..tou's...LOL :lame2:

Abbey Normal said:
Marching Band is not geeky. :mad:

were you on the Drill Team..or in the band? Not that I am against it minda ya...First wife was "Drill Team"...Second... singer and "Cheer leader" me just a jock...so no argument here! :thup:

archangel said:
were you on the Drill Team..or in the band? Not that I am against it minda ya...First wife was "Drill Team"...Second... singer and "Cheer leader" me just a jock...so no argument here! :thup:

Nah, my small all-girls Catholic HS had no such thing. Our after-school activities usually consisted of hiking up our uniform skirts, fixing our hair, and reapplying our makeup, lol.

My daughter, though, plays kick-butt trumpet in her HS Marching band, so now I know how much hard work and talent goes into it. Many, many hours every week of practice, including nights. Every Saturday, some Fridays, sometimes two events in one Saturday. Marching in complicated patterns and playing a horn at the same time is not as easy as it looks.

Okay, the uniforms are geeky. :D

Abbey Normal said:
Nah, my small all-girls Catholic HS had no such thing. Our after-school activities usually consisted of hiking up our uniform skirts, fixing our hair, and reapplying our makeup, lol.

My daughter, though, plays kick-butt trumpet in her HS Marching band, so now I know how much hard work and talent goes into it. Many, many hours every week of practice, including nights. Every Saturday, some Fridays, sometimes two events in one Saturday. Marching in complicated patterns and playing a horn at the same time is not as easy as it looks.

Black college marching bands are definitely not geeky. Talk about kick ass...

Abbey Normal said:

ya just got my attention!...goes to show how shallow us old jocks can be...LOL :cool:

The ClayTaurus said:
Black college marching bands are definitely not geeky. Talk about kick ass...

it was just a movie...entertaining as it was!

Forum List

Back