Oh Me - Oh My... Obama Caught in a Major ACORN Lie

Yeah, it is. He's saying he's fighting for the same issues they are. That's not saying he's a member of ACORN. I swear, for people that bitch about wanting English as the national language, it's pretty damn funny that none of you speak it.

Pretty damn sad indeed.

Barack Obama: Well, first of all my relationship with ACORN is pretty straightforward. It’s probably 13 years ago when I was still practicing law, I represented ACORN and my partner in that investigation was the US Justice department in having Illinois implement what was called the motor voter law, to make sure people could go to DMV’s and driver license facilities to get registered. It wasn’t being implemented. That was my relationship and is my relationship to ACORN. There is an ACORN organization in Chicago. They’ve been active. As an elected offiical, I’ve had interactions with them. But, they’re not advising my campaign. We’ve got the best voter registration in politics right now and we don’t need ACORN’s help.

For the record…
ACORN is the largest radical leftist group in America today.
This radical group worked closely with the Obama camp during the election but, the community organizing group was not open about the relationship. The photo below was scrubbed from the ACORN website before the election:

One of Barack Obama’s first big “community organizer” jobs involved ACORN in 1992. He worked along side ACORN before he became an elected official. Obama also trained ACORN employees. He represented ACORN in court. Obama worked with and protested with ACORN. His campaign donated $800,000 to ACORN in 2008 for voter registration efforts.
And, ACORN even canvassed for Obama in 2008.

In 2009 Obama promoted a top ACORN operative, Patrick Gaspard, who’s oranization was fined $775,000 for election violations, to a top post in the White House. Gespard is helping shape domestic policy today.

Obama’s ACORN group was banned from receiving federal funds in September after the group was busted on tape promoting the child sex slave trade.
Gateway Pundit
Um, no. I really don't know which is true, Zoomie. You are an intelligent poster but for all I know you are a liar or a fool...ACORN was not promoting the child sex trade.

Seriously, why do so many believe the hysterical rantings of blogs?

A worker talked to, what in my opinion, were two people that were obviously fakes and he went to the cops afterwards about it. A WORKER is not ACORN promoting the child sex slave trade.

That is all.

Did ACORN not lose funding for doing something illegal?

The employees are heard telling the couple how to avoid paying taxes and how to qualify for a mortgage on a home the couple plan to use as a brothel.

"And if anyone asks you your business is a performing artist, which you are, okay, so you are not lying," says one of the ACORN workers caught on the tape. "Performing artist. So stop saying prostitution. Got it."

ACORN May Lose Gov't Funds after Scandal - CBS Evening News - CBS News

House Democrats on Thursday unexpectedly abandoned their longtime ally ACORN, joining Republicans in an overwhelming vote to end all federal funding for the embattled liberal activist group.

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) watched its last bastion of support in Washington crumble a week after hidden-camera investigative videos surfaced that showed its workers advising a supposed underage prostitute on how to cheat on taxes and loan applications.

ACORN loses its funding, allies in House - Washington Times

Interesting that you chose to address that point rather than the op.

The first part of the video shows Obama declaring his relationship with Acorn as being nothing more than work done 12 years ago - the second half shows candidate Obama declaring his close affinity with Acorn, having their involvement in EVERY campaign he has been involved in - and that as a United States Senator he was "always a partner with Acorn".

Folks, if you ain't just a wee bit bothered by this President's now proven inability to be truthful on such issues as Acorn, what confidence do you have that he would be truthful on issues of the economy, taxes, and security?

I was going to say that I was surprised you actually had to explain this, but unfortunately it doesn't surprise me. There are those who will follow 'their leader' to their own grave, and they'll never understand why people call them Kool-Aid drinkers. Obama is not only a liar, but a pathological liar. Here are some characteristics of a pathological liar I found on the interwebs:

Some characteristics of a Pathological Liar

1. Exaggerates things that are ridiculous.

2. One-upping. Whatever you do, this person can do it better. You will never top them in their own mind, because they have a concerted need to be better than everyone else. This also applies to being right. If you try to confront an individual like this, no matter how lovingly and well-intentioned you might be - this will probably not be effective. It's threatening their fantasy of themselves, so they would rather argue with you and bring out the sharp knives than admit that there's anything wrong with them.

3. They "construct" a reality around themselves. They don't value the truth, especially if they don't see it as hurting anyone. If you call them on a lie and they are backed into a corner, they will act very defensively and say ugly things (most likely but depends on personality), but they may eventually start to act like, "Well, what's the difference? You're making a big deal out of nothing!" (again, to refocus the conversation to your wrongdoing instead of theirs).

4. Because these people don't value honesty, a lot of times they will not value loyalty. So watch what you tell them. They will not only tell others, but they will embellish to make you look worse. Their loyalty is fleeting, and because they are insecure people, they will find solace in confiding to whomever is in their favor at the moment.

5. They may be somewhat of a hypochondriac. This can come in especially useful when caught in a lie, for example, they can claim that they have been sick, or that there's some mysteriously "illness" that has them all stressed out. It's another excuse tool for their behavior.

6. Obviously, they will contradict what they say. This will become very clear over time. They usually aren't smart enough to keep track of so many lies (who would be?).

WikiAnswers - How can you tell if someone is a pathological liar

Can any Obamabots dispute this?
Obama clearly lied...

The first part of the video shows Obama declaring his relationship with Acorn as being nothing more than work done 12 years ago - the second half shows candidate Obama declaring his close affinity with Acorn, having their involvement in EVERY campaign he has been involved in - and that as a United States Senator he was "always a partner with Acorn".

Folks, if you ain't just a wee bit bothered by this President's now proven inability to be truthful on such issues as Acorn, what confidence do you have that he would be truthful on issues of the economy, taxes, and security?
If you look at the thread, a number of them did dispute it.

They attempted to spin/dispute the issue, but only looked foolish trying.

Obama is caught clearly lying about his long standing and strong affiliations with Acorn.

In effect, they have been linked at the hip...

I hereby declare this thread another...

fail1.jpg

Well from what I can take from this assortment of video's. In one instance BO states he worked with ACORN on voter registration 13 years ago---then in the last he states that he had worked with them most of his life.

Well from what I can take from this assortment of video's. In one instance BO states he worked with ACORN on voter registration 13 years ago---then in the last he states that he had worked with them most of his life.
And, he was never present during any of Wright's ANTI-AMERICAN racist rants over TWENTY FREAKIN' YEARS. And of course, Ayers was just "a guy in the neighborhood". Yeah, just a guy of whom's house he launched his political career.

Ya' know, I think i'll have a party next week. I'm going to ask the dude up the road, who's "just a guy in the neighborhood", if I can use his house. Lets just see how well that works out for ME!. LMAO!

Obama's just your typical left wing elitist who thinks the american people are stupid. To include those who were ignorant enough to elect him.

Pretty damn sad indeed.

Gateway Pundit
Um, no. I really don't know which is true, Zoomie. You are an intelligent poster but for all I know you are a liar or a fool...ACORN was not promoting the child sex trade.

A worker talked to, what in my opinion, were two people that were obviously fakes and he went to the cops afterwards about it. A WORKER is not ACORN promoting the child sex slave trade.

That is all.

The employees are heard telling the couple how to avoid paying taxes and how to qualify for a mortgage on a home the couple plan to use as a brothel.

"And if anyone asks you your business is a performing artist, which you are, okay, so you are not lying," says one of the ACORN workers caught on the tape. "Performing artist. So stop saying prostitution. Got it."

House Democrats on Thursday unexpectedly abandoned their longtime ally ACORN, joining Republicans in an overwhelming vote to end all federal funding for the embattled liberal activist group.

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) watched its last bastion of support in Washington crumble a week after hidden-camera investigative videos surfaced that showed its workers advising a supposed underage prostitute on how to cheat on taxes and loan applications.

I was addressing your claim that ACORN promoted the child sex slave trade. They do not.

And they didn't advise anyone to avoid paying taxes in the example you provided. They actually were advising someone of how to pay their taxes.

The OP is stupid and doesn't even make sense.

Are you and Wicked Jester siblings? :cuckoo:
Are you ever going to have the guts to hold Obama accountable for the abject lies he has flung your way over the past three years. Or are you just going to be the good lil' Obamabot and keep marching lock step while sucking that Kool-aid?

Ya' voted style over substance. That was a very stupid thing to do. An empty suit with sappy assed campaign slogans does not make a good president. And we are seeing that is true by the day.

Obama holds himself accountable. He's a grown up not some stupid stunted moron like your leaders are. Namely Sarah Palin, Cheney, Bush, Rove and many other frat boys who have never taken responsibility for any of their failures.

Keep talking tho please. Real Republican will stay home again rather than be embarrassed by this Neocon leadership. They hate you guys, don't you know that?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No, it isn't.

Yeah, it is. He's saying he's fighting for the same issues they are. That's not saying he's a member of ACORN. I swear, for people that bitch about wanting English as the national language, it's pretty damn funny that none of you speak it.

Pretty damn sad indeed.

Barack Obama: Well, first of all my relationship with ACORN is pretty straightforward. It’s probably 13 years ago when I was still practicing law, I represented ACORN and my partner in that investigation was the US Justice department in having Illinois implement what was called the motor voter law, to make sure people could go to DMV’s and driver license facilities to get registered. It wasn’t being implemented. That was my relationship and is my relationship to ACORN. There is an ACORN organization in Chicago. They’ve been active. As an elected offiical, I’ve had interactions with them. But, they’re not advising my campaign. We’ve got the best voter registration in politics right now and we don’t need ACORN’s help.

For the record…
This radical group worked closely with the Obama camp during the election but, the community organizing group was not open about the relationship. The photo below was scrubbed from the ACORN website before the election:

One of Barack Obama’s first big “community organizer” jobs involved ACORN in 1992. He worked along side ACORN before he became an elected official. Obama also trained ACORN employees. He represented ACORN in court. Obama worked with and protested with ACORN. His campaign donated $800,000 to ACORN in 2008 for voter registration efforts.

In 2009 Obama promoted a top ACORN operative, Patrick Gaspard, who’s oranization was fined $775,000 for election violations, to a top post in the White House. Gespard is helping shape domestic policy today.

Obama’s ACORN group was banned from receiving federal funds in September after the group was busted on tape promoting the child sex slave trade.

Gateway Pundit

His campaign paid them for voter registration? Well stop the damn presses. That only makes him like every other Democratic nominee ever. And guess what? Republicans candidates pay outsiders to do voter registration as well.

In all the Republican lead witch hunts against ACORN ....how many have stuck?

Other than a setup against lowpaid workers, the right has not been able to get anything on ACORN.. Cheney sent the whole justice department against them

Most of them, idiot.

Conviction:
AG announces voter fraud conviction in Hale County
Conviction:
ACORN Watch Report :: Ex-ACORN worker gets home term in voter fraud case
Admission:
"Jemar Barksdale, an ex-employee of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), was accused of turning in voter-registration cards for 18 already-registered voters, altering information, and forging signatures.

He entered a negotiated guilty plea to charges of forgery, identity theft, and tampering with public records, said Deputy District Attorney Greg Hurchalla."
ACORN Watch Report :: Ex-ACORN worker admits voter-registration fraud

There are many more but I got tired of reading them.

People should contact their Reps and demand that Acorn not receive any taxpayers monies..why the hell should we be forced to support them.

It's time you people stopped listening to ONLY your right-wing pundits and outlets and seek out the truth whenever something like this becomes "news." Acorn has been around since 1970, one of many outreach organizations which concentrates on a level playing field for the disenfranchised American.

If you can't stand reading this from the Huffington Post, you can read the same thing as originally published in the Chronicle of Philanthropy.

Then you can decide to either swallow more bullshit or accept it that you do NOT have all your facts in hand about Acorn's history and its mission.

The attacks on Acorn began years ago. Its corporate enemies paid a Washington public-relations firm to create the Web site RottenAcorn.com, where many of the attacks on Acorn were first rehearsed. Then the right-wing echo chamber orchestrated its war on Acorn, and the mainstream news media joined the chorus.

Although Acorn has received positive news coverage about its organizing work in many local news outlets, the national media (with some exceptions) have acted more like stenographers than journalists, repeating the lies and half-truths by Acorn's critics without trying to verify them, put them in context, or provide Acorn with an opportunity to rebut them.

...More troubling is the mainstream news media's unwitting complicity in the conservative campaign to frame Acorn.

For example, 80.3 percent of the print and broadcast stories about Acorn's alleged voter fraud failed to mention that Acorn itself was reporting voter-registration irregularities to authorities, as required by law.

John Atlas: ACORN Scandal Offers Key Lessons to All Charities

That is all.

I was addressing your claim that ACORN promoted the child sex slave trade. They do not.

And they didn't advise anyone to avoid paying taxes in the example you provided. They actually were advising someone of how to pay their taxes.

The OP is stupid and doesn't even make sense.

Watch the videos. If you want to interpret these as something else, that's your prerogative.

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : ACORN and Underage Illegal Alien Sex Slaves

The OP isn't stupid, it's accurate. Obama lied.

Last edited:

Pretty damn sad indeed.

For the record…

Gateway Pundit

His campaign paid them for voter registration? Well stop the damn presses. That only makes him like every other Democratic nominee ever. And guess what? Republicans candidates pay outsiders to do voter registration as well.

The lie is that Obama said his involvement with ACORN was limited to his work with them 13 years ago. Clearly, from the second part of the video and from the above information, he lied. You're not this dense.

Can any Obamabots dispute this?
Obama clearly lied...

"Partnering" with such an organization simply means that Acorn has consistently done some heavy lifting for the Democrats. It doesn't mean that they had a private contract with each other. There are hundreds of like outfits that, selectively, both parties "partner" with. Another picky-ass argument, which is so moot it moo's.

I was going to say that I was surprised you actually had to explain this, but unfortunately it doesn't surprise me. There are those who will follow 'their leader' to their own grave, and they'll never understand why people call them Kool-Aid drinkers. Obama is not only a liar, but a pathological liar. Here are some characteristics of a pathological liar I found on the interwebs:

Some characteristics of a Pathological Liar

1. Exaggerates things that are ridiculous.

2. One-upping. Whatever you do, this person can do it better. You will never top them in their own mind, because they have a concerted need to be better than everyone else. This also applies to being right. If you try to confront an individual like this, no matter how lovingly and well-intentioned you might be - this will probably not be effective. It's threatening their fantasy of themselves, so they would rather argue with you and bring out the sharp knives than admit that there's anything wrong with them.

3. They "construct" a reality around themselves. They don't value the truth, especially if they don't see it as hurting anyone. If you call them on a lie and they are backed into a corner, they will act very defensively and say ugly things (most likely but depends on personality), but they may eventually start to act like, "Well, what's the difference? You're making a big deal out of nothing!" (again, to refocus the conversation to your wrongdoing instead of theirs).

4. Because these people don't value honesty, a lot of times they will not value loyalty. So watch what you tell them. They will not only tell others, but they will embellish to make you look worse. Their loyalty is fleeting, and because they are insecure people, they will find solace in confiding to whomever is in their favor at the moment.

5. They may be somewhat of a hypochondriac. This can come in especially useful when caught in a lie, for example, they can claim that they have been sick, or that there's some mysteriously "illness" that has them all stressed out. It's another excuse tool for their behavior.

6. Obviously, they will contradict what they say. This will become very clear over time. They usually aren't smart enough to keep track of so many lies (who would be?).

WikiAnswers - How can you tell if someone is a pathological liar

Fascinating stuff. I can think of no Republican or Conservative who fits that description.

images

Bwaahahahahaahaha!!!!!!!!!!​

Ah yes, that's an impeachable offense, for sure. Nobody in the Republican Party ever had two answers for the same question, based on how the question was phrased. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back