Oh, it's all Schumer's (D-N.Y.) fault. Good to know.

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
bill.jpg

Outside &#145;the Talks,&#146; Schumer Is On Message : Roll Call News

Outside ‘the Talks,’ Schumer Is On Message

At the end of the last Congress, Reid needed someone who would aggressively push the Senate Democrats’ message when the stakes were highest. It’s a role the Nevada lawmaker doesn’t fill naturally, and he chose Schumer to be his top lieutenant.

Since then, Schumer has targeted House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) in April’s continuing resolution debate, well before it was in vogue after last week’s Cabinet Room blowup. He’s also spearheaded the party’s message on corporate jet tax breaks in concert with the White House, and he even persuaded rank-and-file Senators earlier this month to abandon their desire for a Democratic budget so the party could focus on a tighter message of protecting Medicare and eliminating tax breaks for the wealthy. The current political climate, with intransigence in both parties on efforts to raise the debt ceiling, has just elevated Schumer’s platform.

“He led the fight in the Senate against releasing our budget. He backed the idea that a budget paints a giant target on your back unnecessarily when it’s not going to pass anyway,” said one Senate Democratic aide not affiliated with a leadership office.

So that is how the Republican's became the party of tough, unpopular but necessary ideas and the Democrat's became the party of no ideas.

:eusa_whistle:

Now if only Chucky Schumer could explain why the Dem's didn't pass a budget in 2010 when they controlled the Senate and the House (and the WH). They are required by law to pass one every year btw, but whatever. In his defense, having something on paper can prove unpopular.

Side note:

Yeah, I pretty much just stole the Roll Call link and thoughts of Guy Benson at Townhall which I happened to agree with...

Surprise: The Brain Behind Democrats' No-Plan, Class Warfare Approach Is... - Guy Benson

... but I also steal ideas from Ed Morrissey, Mark Steyn, Allahpundit, Ronald Reagan, Wachington/Jefferson/Madison, Ayn Rand, Ludwig Von Misses, Bob Dylan, Mark Twain etc etc.

As my Poli-Sci Prof. used to say: "Stealing from one source is plagiarism, stealing from many sources is scholarship." :razz:

Forum List

Back