Oh ... I like this ...

and little orphan Annie was white

MV5BMTQ4NzU4OTEwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTIyNzQ2MzE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Right?

Um.No. Roland is not black. Sorry.

Who cares?

I didn't care a bit that they left Tom Bombadil out of Lord of the Rings either. Book is book, film is film.
I care. Roland Despain is not black. Thats like making Luke Cage hispanic, and Shaft nordic. Not happenin'. And Jake never fired a gun if I remember correctly.

Who will play Odetta/Suzannah? Brittany Spears?

I don't watch movies from books where they don't follow it. I never read Lord Of The Rings, or any JR Tolkein, so the movies were fine.
I did read Gone With The Wind...that movie was spot on.
I did read The Green Mile more than once...and it was spot on.
I have read and reread The Dark Tower. Roland is not black and the drawings King had inserted in those books show Roland as craggy caucasian...so...in my mind, that is what he is. White. The only reason they made him black was because of being pc, I'm betting. And for that reason, I refuse to watch. Just like I would not watch a book character switching races.

Your own mileage may vary.

"Go then. There are other worlds than these"~Jake

The one casting decision that really pissed me off was David Lynch having an obvious 25 year old play Paul Atreides in DUNE. In the book, he ages from 15-18, and his youth makes his transformation all the more amazing.

And I like McLaughlin. Was just wrong for that part.

The one casting decision that really pissed me off was David Lynch having an obvious 25 year old play Paul Atreides in DUNE. In the book, he ages from 15-18, and his youth makes his transformation all the more amazing.

reminds me of the movie "The Vikings", Tony Curtis portraying the only Viking in history with a Bronx accent.

I don't watch movies from books where they don't follow it. I never read Lord Of The Rings, or any JR Tolkein, so the movies were fine.
I have read and reread The Dark Tower. Roland is not black and the drawings King had inserted in those books show Roland as craggy caucasian...so...in my mind, that is what he is. White. The only reason they made him black was because of being pc, I'm betting. And for that reason, I refuse to watch. Just like I would not watch a book character switching races.

Idris Elba is big right now.

So far as I'm aware, Eddie and Susannah are not in this movie at all. By comparison, Roland being a black man is a trifle.

Nick Fury has been a white guy for many years. Unlike Roland, Nick Fury is a character that is normally portrayed in a visual medium. Despite that, I'm OK with Samuel L Jackson playing him in the movies. Sure, it took some getting used to, because I had seen the character portrayed as a white guy for so long. It still worked out fine.

Besides, Roland's ethnicity is not integral to his character. I don't remember anything in the books which made his being white important to his character. He could be black, Asian, latino, it wouldn't really matter. :dunno:

So far as I'm aware, Eddie and Susannah are not in this movie at all. By comparison, Roland being a black man is a trifle.

Nick Fury has been a white guy for many years. Unlike Roland, Nick Fury is a character that is normally portrayed in a visual medium. Despite that, I'm OK with Samuel L Jackson playing him in the movies. Sure, it took some getting used to, because I had seen the character portrayed as a white guy for so long. It still worked out fine.

Besides, Roland's ethnicity is not integral to his character. I don't remember anything in the books which made his being white important to his character. He could be black, Asian, latino, it wouldn't really matter. :dunno:

I prefer my books stick with the original story.
This reeks of PC bullshit.

I prefer my books stick with the original story.
This reeks of PC bullshit.

Whoops...I mean movies.

Roland can be anything to any reader. But in my mind, my imagination, going along with the pics IN the books...he is caucasian. Period. The only reason he appears black in this movie is Hollyweird showing their loyalty to BLM. Period. Otherwise, they would have stuck to the original books WITH the original drawings IN those books.

Roland Despain is NOT BLACK any more than Shaft if a blonde german.

Um.No. Roland is not black. Sorry.

Who cares?

I didn't care a bit that they left Tom Bombadil out of Lord of the Rings either. Book is book, film is film.
I care. Roland Despain is not black. Thats like making Luke Cage hispanic, and Shaft nordic. Not happenin'. And Jake never fired a gun if I remember correctly.

Who will play Odetta/Suzannah? Brittany Spears?
And Jack Reacher is tall, unlike Tom( I wish I was at least 6 feet tall)Cruise..But he is the producer..

reminds me of the movie "The Vikings", Tony Curtis portraying the only Viking in history with a Bronx accent.
Or Troy, where the Greeks had Irish accents, and they weren't even Irish...

Eddie and Susannah not being in the movie makes it even more bullshit. This movie is for BLM and $$$$$. Shame on them. And shame on King for allowing it to happen. Then again, King is a snowflake anyway.

Forum List

Back