Oh how Republicans love that small government ideal...

...when a democrat is in the White House. Where did it go between 2001-2009?

Disclaimer: File under "Deathgrip on the obvious but still worth highlighting"

There's a lot of the republican electorate that wondered the same thing.....

yet they voted for the guy twice.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

what about the GOP House and Senate? The fukin' party leadership?

hello!!!!

They were/are all Republicans. You can argue that they betrayed conservative ideal if you want, but the GOP is not the Conservative Party USA and never was.

Last edited:
When will people understand that the dems and GoP are the same?

They both suck, they are invested in getting and keeping power, not good government.

They both suck, they are invested in getting and keeping power, not good government.

I disagree. But I can see how you can view it this way. That is why I left the Democratic party and why I am so saddened about the state of politics today. I hope Obama can/will change some of the stuff that pains me. Time will tell.

We still can't afford to even hold Iraq in it's current state. We're only about halfway through our spending in Iraq. Never mind the countless aid we'll give them for the next 50-100 years at the least if their joke of what they call a democracy can last more then a week after we leave.

Iraq is BY FAR the CHEAPEST war we have ever fought. Less than 4% of GDP, less than a THIRD of what Vietnam cost us....

Still defending Bush and the Iraq war?

So, what exactly did we get for our supposedly measly and cost efficient one trillion dollar investment?

Honestly, we won't know for many years to come. If Iraq's quasi-democracy holds up once we leave, and if that helps spur a movement toward a change in Iranian policy, then Iraq could prove to be very successful long term. I'm not saying that will happen, but only time will give us the actual answer.

Exactly!

The only hope of downsizing government we have is a third party. Or actually a new second party.

Three cheers for democracy, hip, hip, ... :razz:

The greatest democracy in the world, you can choose between 2 ... err ... 1 idea? :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back